Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Harry Potter ends up a cop and prob beats his wife and kills a random person like every six months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
angry about wizard game

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
What do you do in the game, like walk around going abluhbluh om 'arry potta oi am abluh sounds dumb

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
the game is just an infinite loop of hagrid saying 'You're a wizard, [player name]!' and you pressing a button to respond with 'I'm a what?'

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Supreme Allah posted:

What do you do in the game, like walk around going abluhbluh om 'arry potta oi am abluh sounds dumb

well you're a 14 year old kid on 5th hogwarts year and you get to go out kill poachers, according to my friend. but none of those forbidden spells, just set the poachers on fire or liquiefy their organs. also be on time for potion class

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Wizard Master and the Chamber of Bad Posts

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'll hufflepuff your rear end

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We already have a thread in Video Games

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Shinjobi posted:

sounds really bad thanks

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I mean it’s a Harry Potter game
It’s only $70 usd?
Gotta be worth the money

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Shinjobi posted:

Why would you put a thread inside of a mod

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Buy it if you want I'm too busy playing with other wands to care

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pontificating rear end posted:

sounds really bad thanks

The thread is as good as it should be, actually

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
It would be more controversial if the gameplay looked interesting

zone
Dec 6, 2016
lmao hairy pothead

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

zone posted:

lmao hairy pothead

And the sorcerer's stoned! :imunfunny:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

zone posted:

lmao hairy pothead

I miss Mad Magazine

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

gas thread ban OP and give everyone who posted in here a sixer, myself included

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
W
I
Z
A
R
D

M
A
S
T
E
R

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Doc Fission posted:

gas thread ban OP and give everyone who posted in here a sixer, myself included

:yeah:

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

:emptyquote:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I wanna cast magic missile (:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
idgaf

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Wizard Master posted:

Do you think it's reasonable to give up a form of entertainment in solidarity of the harm JK Rowling continues to enact?

No one's giving up a form of entertainment, you chud

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
all the money just kidding rowling makes would honestly be better off in my hands

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

SonOfGhostDad posted:

No one's giving up a form of entertainment, you chud

you're saying "TERFy Open World" isn't a genre?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

harry potter sux jk rowling sux and that dude that made the game sux as does his company so no, I will not be playing this garbage

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

harry potter sux jk rowling sux and that dude that made the game sux as does his company so no, I will not be playing this garbage

but would you seed a torrent which claimed to be this game and actually was just a shitton of AI generative img2img of goatse?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Cabbages and Kings posted:

but would you seed a torrent which claimed to be this game and actually was just a shitton of AI generative img2img of goatse?

gently caress yeah I'd do that I love sharing the magic of goatse

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

spreadisio anuso!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

MrQwerty posted:

gently caress yeah I'd do that I love sharing the magic of goatse

I remember when Doom 3 leaked on some torrents and Zach Parsons (maybe? I can't remember) said he hoped it was a 2GB virus, and man I really wanted someone who installed it to find their computer hosed in ways that nobody could ever have dreamed of.

That said I think AI generated goatse that permanently corrupts your windows install would be more of modern art than a virus, but I think we all appreciate Kirk here.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Wizard Master posted:

The highly anticipated Harry Potter game "Hogwarts Legacy" debuted this week, and it's attracted largely postive reviews. However, some fans and gamers are boycotting the game in protest of J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter novel series who has a history of making comments offensive to the transgender community and stands to earn royalties from game sales (though she was not involved in the game’s creation).

Some popular game review sites like Kotaku, Polygon and Eurogamer have not yet reviewed Hogwarts Legacy despite the review embargo lifting Monday, while others have denounced J.K. Rowling’s comments and voiced support for transgender people in their reviews. Additionally, a number of notable online celebrities are boycotting the streaming site Twitch which is known for its video game-related content for hosting ads for Hogwarts Legacy, urging streamers to join in halting use of the platform until the ad campaign is suspended.

What are your thoughts, GBS? Will you be boycotting the game? Do you think it's reasonable to give up a form of entertainment in solidarity of the harm JK Rowling continues to enact?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I am so excited to read tens of thousands of gamer gate style posts on this important issue.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Sophy Wackles posted:

I am so excited to read tens of thousands of gamer gate style posts on this important issue.

why wait? they must be out there

edit: aww hell have one on the house

"Elden-Cringe", indeed

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

*Takes deel breath*

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!1!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

RepeatingMeme posted:

*Takes deel breath*

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!1!

I've never read the books, isn't this how the adventure begins?

I imagine it to be like

Snape kills Dumbledore
Harry gets recruited to wizard school
Snape runs wizard school now
Harry kills Snape using the power of friendship

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

credburn posted:

I've never read the books, isn't this how the adventure begins?

I imagine it to be like

Snape kills Dumbledore
Harry gets recruited to wizard school
Snape runs wizard school now
Harry kills Snape using the power of friendship

Yeah but somewhere in there Snape is Dumbledore's lover and Snape accidentally chokes Dumbledore to death with his poo poo when he tried to teleport the poo poo out of his pants and into the woods but managed to lodge it in dumbedores trachea instead.

Harry becomes Snape's lover after Snape learns to forgive himself and then harry kills him because he's just a dick.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cabbages and Kings posted:

why wait? they must be out there

edit: aww hell have one on the house

"Elden-Cringe", indeed

Roger Ebert would trash movies he thought were well made but that he also thought morally repugnant lol that these pussies want to have games be treated as an important medium but can't handle the kind of criticism that goes hand in hand with it.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

how dare criticism be critical and opinionated

I only want objective game ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Wizard Master should get a ban just for the fact that they never return to their bait threads. If they're gonna be a coward, get rid of them.