Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
are they still going with the really weird and hosed up jewish caricatures and calling them banking goblins or did they gain at least a single modicum of intelligence and decide "hey maybe not"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Roger Ebert would trash movies he thought were well made but that he also thought morally repugnant lol that these pussies want to have games be treated as an important medium but can't handle the kind of criticism that goes hand in hand with it.

I'm sorry to say this but you have to give "Birth of A Nation" a 10/10 score for its creative use of wipes between scenes, something never seen before in the medium and an inspiration for so many movies afterward. I don't care what it was about, it was a perfect movie.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
harry potter and the cursed cauldron of stingy jew gold

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

are they still going with the really weird and hosed up jewish caricatures and calling them banking goblins or did they gain at least a single modicum of intelligence and decide "hey maybe not"

Lol absolutely not there is apparently a "goblin horn" in the game that is very obviously based on a shofar for instance

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
You can't ban a wizard that's just dumb they know magic

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I haven't played it will you buy it for me OP I will give you an opinion about it then

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Private Cumshoe posted:

I haven't played it will you buy it for me OP I will give you an opinion about it then

You have to gift me RE3 Remake on Steam

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Treecko posted:

You can't ban a wizard that's just dumb they know magic

What if the mod yells "Bannius Probelarum!!!!" as they press the button?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

> CAST ENLARGE SATAN

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

KitConstantine posted:

Lol absolutely not there is apparently a "goblin horn" in the game that is very obviously based on a shofar for instance

:shepface:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Hector Delgado posted:

Wizard Master should get a ban just for the fact that they never return to their bait threads. If they're gonna be a coward, get rid of them.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
when i was growing up the only contraversy was the iran-contraversy

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

I put on my robe and wizard hat

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I wasn't joking

Compare

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I put on my poo poo and piss

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LOL CHEESE? PUT IN A HORN? LOL! LOL!!!!!! THATS AMAZING HHAHA!!! WOW!!! REALLY FUNNY!!!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I sigh as I unsheath my wizarding wand

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Gorgonzola is Italian not Jewish this game can't even anti-semite properly

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Treecko posted:

dont worry Troy Leavitt probably has some extremely racist poo poo to say about italians too

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Treecko posted:

In this case the Italian allegories were fighting the Jewish allegories

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wait, if it was in Europe wouldn't it be crocodiles instead of allegories?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I think there are multiple sides of this:

There are the people who are wrong

And there are the people that think what I think.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CHEEKI BREEEKI!!!!!

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
what spells do you think wizards use to massage their prostates?

i mean they have to have their own preferred spells, right?

i can't imagine being a wizard and not magissaging your own prostate

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Mellow_ posted:

what spells do you think wizards use to massage their prostates?

i mean they have to have their own preferred spells, right?

i can't imagine being a wizard and not magissaging your own prostate

That’s what the wands are for I assume.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
they use teledildonics like the rest of us they just chant more

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
on one hand Harry Potter is such a gigantic cultural juggernaut i don't think it matters what i do or don't do it will continue to make JK Rowling money hand over fist and the PR behind her is good enough (WB probably does a lot to spin up positive stories i see come out and keep the brand from being TOO tightly tied to her because she's obviously a maniac who could sink the franchise) that most average people don't care about her or even know the full extent of her politics and just what a vile piece of poo poo she is so much so that even brags that the money she makes is going straight toward harming a marginalized group of people.

on the other hand, i never thought i'd see game outlets take a stand like this it's kind of incredible and when i think it probably won't matter i also never thought people would stop using homophobic slurs as just an everyday pejorative but here we are.

it looks like something in any other circumstance i would pick up for 5 dollars on a Steam sale in like 3 years so it's not like me giving it up is a big deal. i know trans people aren't a monolith and some don't care if you play it or not but i've seen enough legit trans activists asking others not to play it and i think even if i don't know if consumer activism will work against something like this it doesn't really matter because i feel like trans people need all the solidarity they can get right now.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Goku could kill every single wizard in the Harry Potter universe even if they battled him all at the same time. The Harry Potter universe is insanely weak.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Does the game let you magic the poo poo away out of your butthole? I heard somewhere that's what they do in the books. And if so, can you launch it at another player?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Krillin prob could kill every wizard, gently caress that, Turtle could kill every wizard.

Useless rear end JK Rowling.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

lol

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Hogsharts legacy

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

KitConstantine posted:

I don't much like what I've heard about this game shofar

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

satanic splash-back posted:

You're a Wizard Master, Harry!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The existence of a Wizard Master implies the existence of wizard slaves. It-

*An intern rushes in and whispers urgently in my ear*

Oh. They just have those? And it's a good thing???

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Don't like it, don't play it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

W I Z A R D M A S T E R

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Most bad parents don't give their babies alcohol. JK Rowling was denied alcohol as a child and is now a brain damaged adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The only one Goblin' Horn is your mother!