Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
:siren: IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING :siren:

code:
Imp Zone firmly stands with China and we, along with Blizzard, recognize that Taiwan is a part of China. This is NOT thread to debate this fact.
So I've been posting about playing WoW classic again (you should as well) and I will use this thread to post about what gimmicks I'm going to troll my guild with week to week, as well as making a Hardcore character on the only role playing PVP server in classic. A hardcore character means if I die even once, I will have to delete my character.

Ok lets get into it...

This is a really good sign

Here is my Character Impo an Orc Hunter. I have never played a Hunter before but I'm gonna try my best. I usually play healers in MMOs

Okay lets get starte....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OcCOFq1za8&t=23s

Ok there we go lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
IKs - please change the thread tag to Neo Geo as I haven't slept in 3 days and forgot for the first time in my entire posting career. Thank you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Zug zug

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Speaking of chinese, as soon as I log in the game I see a pal

Before I get to ask him to join his guild he disappears into thin air

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:gas:, op is trolling with the thread tag.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will be rating 1 as well.

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

I will be rating 1 as well.

This dude plays EVE. Nuff said.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I will be rating excited face at first, then sleeping face after the thread doesn’t get updated in a month

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

herculon posted:

I will be rating excited face at first, then sleeping face after the thread doesn’t get updated in a month

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
My first quest is to kill 8 boars, and most of the starting quests are strangely to kill 8 of something or collect 8 of something.

This boar doesn't stand a chance

I found a cape that makes me look very stupid and some new pants, both grey and worthless but equippable nonetheless

and I hit level 2 after killing the last boar for the quest

A Good MMO is judged by the level up sound. Where Everquest is the gold standard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P1SQYWChIM

loving Iconic

Where WoW simply has I would say a B tier sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOCzmSPbf2E

Impotwo can jump very high, and does so to celebrate

I go back to the Orc starting base camp and get some more quests and notice this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-1EIdnDB9g&t=59s

Some of the rewards coming up are a new axe and some apples or something lol

At level 2 after visiting the Hunter Trainer I learn how to Track Beasts so they show up on my minimap

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
I stopped playing in tbc and don't have time for wotlk so look forward to living vicariously through this thread OP

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
In WoW, things you need to collect, like this Cactus Apple, will glow lol. So you know exactly where to go. Thank you WoW.

The Orc Racial Bonus is being angry and getting some extra attack every 2 minutes, and your hands glow red as well

As I am questing I see an Orc babe and try and play it cool. She is Level 2 (my level) but has some nice looking gear which is likely heritage gear which they introduced in Wrath of the Lich King. It levels up with you so you don't need anything else usually until you hit max level.

Oh poo poo... stay cool everyone!

I try and act nonchalant

Unfortunately I failed and the babe runs away

I wave goodbye to what could have been

I take it out on a Scorpid and learn a helpful tip lol

as I'm running around I see a troll who has been poisoned by a massive Scorpid and needs me to kill the thing to make a cure

You can see here this quest is Orangeish color which means its above my level... this is the first real risk I am taking by trying to kill this thing. The run could be ended very early for Impotwo

But I manage to kill it and help the guy out so all is good.

Another thing I have to kill are these little imps that look very, very much like a spin off of Everquest ice goblins

Here is a picture of the starting map. Things that are brown are places you have to explore to open up on the map to see what they are. You can see I have a lot of quests to turn in too

On the way back into the starting camp I find an awesome quest where you have to beat Peons with a blackjack lol

I'm also the one man welcoming committee here, but he doesn't respond

After turning in all the quests I hit level 4 and get some new skills which is a poison arrow and something that imbues me with the spirit of a monkey which helps me dodge. It's icon is a hand holding a banana lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol taint

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

gently caress i wish i had internet so i could be addicted to an mmo again. even that barren game looks tasty atm :ohdear:

----------------

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a server with a good horde:alliance balance? When I was still playing actively in November they all seemed to be like 98% one or the other

thanks to dendy, for good sig

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Boofy posted:

Is there a server with a good horde:alliance balance? When I was still playing actively in November they all seemed to be like 98% one or the other

https://ironforge.pro/population/classic/

this site shows you server stats by region/type/faction

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Boofy posted:

I've been playing Grob on and off since vanilla launch and it's always been roughly even

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

I've been playing Grob on and off since vanilla launch and it's always been roughly even

grob on to my balls and dont let go lol

----------------

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

insane anime posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Tonight against all odds my guild finally killed Yogg-Saron, the last boss of the current raid tier

In WoW classic he is in his Pre-Nerf form that most guilds didn't beat back in the day for a long time but we did it. I can't believe it because the entire time I had this song playing through my microphone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x47NYUbtYb0

which is appropriate I think considering the bosses mechanic is to make you insane.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

Tonight against all odds my guild finally killed Yogg-Saron, the last boss of the current raid tier

In WoW classic he is in his Pre-Nerf form that most guilds didn't beat back in the day for a long time but we did it. I can't believe it because the entire time I had this song playing through my microphone

which is appropriate I think considering the bosses mechanic is to make you insane.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

insane anime posted:

lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Big Update after the raid tonight with Impotwo

the first quest today is to beat sleeping peons with a blackjack

which I do, and they say Zug Zug when I do lol

another quest is to go in a cave and kill some jobber (early wow is just all of this quest wise but does get more interesting as you go on)

Yarrog has no idea what is coming

Dumb rear end bitch lol, stupid dead gently caress

After a few quest rewards I look absolutely insane lol

I also hit level 5. Here on the map you see Sen'Jin village to the south where I have to deliver a letter, and Razor Hill in the center, with Orgrimmar up north.

Here is Sen'Jin village

Most of the quests are looking a little hard for me right now, and considering this is a Hardcore character I want to take as few risks as possible.

Moving north I see what looks like a fort, and then make it to Razor Hill

I decide to take a break from questing to pick up some professions, in this case Skinning and Leatherworking which both are trained in the main city Orgrimmar

You can talk to guards to help get you pointed in the right direction

I really love the look of Orgrimmar

...However... on the way to get my professions trained up and be able to be used, I spot the guild vendor which allows you to form a guild and I get a wise idea for where this character, roleplay wise, is going.

However it costs 10 loving gold to make a guild and I have 2 silver.... so I do what any respectable Orc does, and I beg more money from the first people I meet

This guy only has five, likely a lie, but he gives it to me anyway

I find a larger crowd and give my story

This guy donates to the cause, although not much

Peterbuilt offers me the gold to show my feet... but even I have some dignity

I perfect my craft

someone named Iamdivored gives me 10 gold! They love my story!

and now I run back to form my guild :) ... think you guys are gonna love where this is going lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
My idea is to roleplay a tax collector and annoy every single person on this server and keep a log of who is up to date on taxes and who isn't.

Unfortunately I need to find people not currently in a guild to sign this charter lol. Now, this is where things get interesting. I could try and convince people to join and help me collect tax and we funnel it into our guild bank coffers, or... if any Imps reading this have an active sub and want to help??? :D

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

insane anime posted:

lmfao

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Deathwing and taxes.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

My idea is to roleplay a tax collector and annoy every single person on this server and keep a log of who is up to date on taxes and who isn't.

Unfortunately I need to find people not currently in a guild to sign this charter lol. Now, this is where things get interesting. I could try and convince people to join and help me collect tax and we funnel it into our guild bank coffers, or... if any Imps reading this have an active sub and want to help??? :D

lmao

or you could name it something innocuous, get 10 signatures, rename it back to Tax Collectors and kick everyone else :twisted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Good stuff.

Best of luck on the tax collecting. Don't end up like Processus Vitellius!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Had a very strange time last night while up at 4am playing WoW

I think I have the tabard design nailed but I need to get signatures first on my charter before I can purchase

So I take my begging strategy another route

Harlulz agrees to sign my charter... 9 to go

So here is where things get strange lol. As I am yelling in the town square and accosting people I get a group invite from someone named Funnygames

He offers me 4 gold randomly as I give him my speech

This little conversation is Very Suspicious but... I don't say anything and stay in character. He also signs my charter, now 8 to go.

As I run around the town looking for signatures he follows me and tells me how the Tauren on the ground will come back to life and that he is trying to kill him again.

Roleplaying at its finest

We talk about our dreams

And then he suggest we go to the city of Dalaran which is in Northrend, the newest expansion continent (high level)

We watch a guy on a horse run into a tree. You may notice all the hearts and things around, its Valentines day and you can give people free chocolates or shoot them with arrows that will cause that graphic.

I have a hard time collecting more than 2 signatures in Orgrimmar so Funnygames tries to secure us a portal to Dalaran from a mage

I explain to Funnygames that I am scared to go through a portal because I have never traveled that way before, and he tries to Out Lore my rear end by saying Orcs came to this world through Portals, but I tell him I didn't and was born here instead lol

I arrive before him and lay down instantly and start some roleplay lmfao (Portal sickness)

I don't think he notices because he starts going off on a tangent lol

so I go a bit further lol

lmfao

Finally I get up after about 5 minutes and he wants to show me around the city

We walk around, like, actually pressing the slow walk button and take a tour of the city

But first... one quick detour to the first city fountain I see

He starts to show me around the city, breaking character somewhat lol

We sit on a bench and talk about our hopes, dreams, and fears

At this point it is almost 5am so I find an Inn for the night

I'm in a foul mood so I make sure the Innkeep knows I won't be paying for my room

A modest cot, but no privacy

and being unaccustomed to hammocks I lay down the best I can

My new friend retires for the night as well

World of Warcraft kicks loving rear end lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I think I have the tabard design nailed but I need to get signatures first on my charter before I can purchase

So here is where things get strange lol. As I am yelling in the town square and accosting people I get a group invite from someone named Funnygames

This little conversation is Very Suspicious but... I don't say anything and stay in character. He also signs my charter, now 8 to go.

As I run around the town looking for signatures he follows me and tells me how the Tauren on the ground will come back to life and that he is trying to kill him again.

We talk about our dreams

And then he suggest we go to the city of Dalaran which is in Northrend, the newest expansion continent (high level)

We watch a guy on a horse run into a tree. You may notice all the hearts and things around, its Valentines day and you can give people free chocolates or shoot them with arrows that will cause that graphic.

I have a hard time collecting more than 2 signatures in Orgrimmar so Funnygames tries to secure us a portal to Dalaran from a mage

I explain to Funnygames that I am scared to go through a portal because I have never traveled that way before, and he tries to Out Lore my rear end by saying Orcs came to this world through Portals, but I tell him I didn't and was born here instead lol

I arrive before him and lay down instantly and start some roleplay lmfao (Portal sickness)

lmfao

We walk around, like, actually pressing the slow walk button and take a tour of the city

I'm in a foul mood so I make sure the Innkeep knows I won't be paying for my room

lfmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

We talk about our dreams

lmfao

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

also lmao at 'Well... this is a world of warcraft...'

Adbot