Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

opps my apologies i was just informed it was doing a white power hand gesture

it only has four fingers, the gesture communicates VP instead of WP. unsure what this could mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

croup coughfield posted:

mtw revivalism

it’s like poetry, it rhymes

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

croup coughfield posted:

they're right

also vvg is a fyad washout who very badly wanted their respect which imo explains everything about him

feeling very enlightened upon learning this

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

al eif the rich-wife guy

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

why wasn’t larry just hit with a ban+30

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

there’s a whole series of even smaller microscopic dominoes up front with the first one labeled “saying ‘oval office’ in gbs,” presumably being tipped by larry

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

GISing to figure out what this references was a powerful experience

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

idk I skimmed the threads but it seems like this all kicked off on boxing day by a bunch of australian posters getting probed for saying c*nt and they getting big mad about it is this wrong?

qcs thread about saying oval office in gbs got nuked, giving everyone who posted in it regardless of opinion a week-long probe (not a sixer)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

ok for real though whats the backstory of the current drama excluding the pyf and gbs thread closures (those are self explanatory) I just chill in this subforum so I got no context on the latest thing that threatens to blow up the whole site apparently

- jeff's qcs oval office thread nuke on boxing day and the subsequent closure of qcs with no comment from jeffrey until yesterday
- t.e.c.h. thread where imp zone asked for thread vote icons based on the defunct magazine gamepro. astral refused because he was worried about copyright, imp zone mocked him, the mockery increased when astral instead offered icons based on the far side. this culminated in astral giving out ban+30s, the most notable given for saying "don't bother, he's gone milquetoast with power"
- gbs ukraine thread lusted too openly for watching russian orcs get vaporized and sagas lusted too openly for mocking them
- admins remain on bahamian vacations throughout all these until releasing an even shittier version of qcs the other day
- larry got perma'd for saying he would gently caress jeffrey's rear end in a top hat until he stopped being a bitch and hoping jeff's next thai child prostitute would be discounted

think that covers it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I was mere minutes away from emptyquoting spanish manlove's post about "word filtering 'oval office' to 'school shooting' so americans wouldn't be offended by it" when the thread was closed, saving me from ending up on that wall.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

jesus mary and joseph

e: this is just someone saying it's chernobyl while he's in some other ruins, right