Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

croup coughfield posted:

i think its appropriate in a poetic sense that jeffrey is doing everything he can to ensure the comfort and safety of the same people who instantly ditched the site for bnr and only came crawling back when the offsite imploded due to having no good posters (the only reason). keep chasing those moderates my man, it will pay off. you'll see. once the angry mean girls are brought to heel or destroyed, the trump thread posters will quiet down and stop looking for new targets. we saw that just a few years ago

a septic tank bursts
the stench permeates forums
in the spring sunlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

speng31b posted:

there's not much to say. pyf sagas thread loves to rubberneck the weirdest and worst poo poo on the site, and they finally found a dragon they couldn't slay in the "i jerk off my weiner to human beings dying live on camera" thread

that thread is disgusting and it deserves to be trolled. The cspam Ukraine War thread is bad but it ain't that bad.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the mods are known for giving out harsh punishments to their posting friends

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

eh, the sagas were very done and it was a weird chat thread that was kind of amusing because of the user cross section and qcs being closed. seems like those should only go up every once in a while as they're already repeats of repeats. the balkanzation of SA is pretty weird

this is the site the admins want.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

CODChimera posted:

nah, seems like a pretty clear cut case of abusing the buttons

probing gbs mods should be lauded

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The contempt that the mods and admins have for the users kind of rocks.

it used to be a more active, vindictive hatred. Now it's more apathetic.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
here's a bunc hof words I'm never going to read haha politics tho

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

My favorite part is that they came back lmao

my favorite part was F Stop Fitzgerald reposting it and getting banned because reading posts is too hard for the mods

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
*argues about fanfics written by reddit trolls as if they are real* yeah it's great

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
cspam, staring in the mirror: gbs rules

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Yinlock posted:

anyway i knew pretty much nothing about that thread and the people who post there, but taking a quick look it seems bad and the mod protecting it also seems bad. seems like a hosed-up thing that will only get worse the longer it goes unaddressed, so see everyone here in 2 months when one of them assaults russian immigrants in public or whatever

reading posts and understanding them in context is a power few possess.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the mods are middle managers and no matter how many words they write they still won't be paid, listened to or cared about

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

croup coughfield posted:

long posts in qcs and qcs-likes are sometimes unpleasant to read but necessary imo. its important to remember that the staff of this site, from jeff on down, are incapable of even perceiving subtext, much less understanding it. they cannot comprehend something unless you spell it out for them in as much detail as possible. even if they could, they're so afraid of being wrong on some minor technical point that they won't engage with any ambiguity.

except prag, obviously. always except prag

Pity the mods can't appreciate when Cher says she has so much more fun vegging out instead of partying exactly when her secret crush Josh is around.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
James: You were a decent moderator. Improvements that come with experience happen gradually but not to this extent. Something inside you, it shifted. What was it?

Hallucination: Go on kid, say my name. SAY. MY. NAME.

Jeff: LARRY!

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

speng31b posted:

i really do believe at this point that they only opened that new feedback sub to honeypot the posters they didn't like for further bans and permas for sass

welp

vyelkin posted:

I'm very sympathetic to the anger over Jeff's mass thread probe and I told him as much at the time, because even for those of us with healthy and happy social lives outside the forums, the forums are still one part of our social life where we post with friends and the holidays are a nice time to be with your friends. Like from my perspective I wasn't able to post about the busiest time of the Premier League season with my friends because like 80% of them were on probation and some of them never came back afterwards, which made me very sad, and I know the football forum is hardly the only place on SA with a similar story

yeah more and more posters aren't coming back.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

good for him (sincere)

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

then why is there a 15 page thread

because mods use word filter moderation as a facade to punish people they don't like. also

lumpentroll posted:

goons like to post

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

I'm dumb as gently caress and posting in newCS never crossed my mind even once

people who like the forums want the admins to understand why they do and change things to reflect that, but no combination of words or images is going to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009