Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Just think, Jeffrey is getting into politic's. Soon the entire forums will be like CSPAM! Exciting new features are coming.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023783&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post529757605

Can't wait for every post to have a button that says "Misery!" in it where you can press it and the forums will auto-post AI generated depression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Jeffrey reading a thread about the US military occupation of Grenada and stroking his chin, pensively

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

lobster shirt posted:

you of all people should not be kramering in here to show your whole rear end

there's 1 kind of kramering allowed in cspam and this is NOT the right kind

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

tfw jeffrey posts "tmpurt!" in response to one of the pink forum users making fun of a helpless moderator for posting videos of themself doing a racist accent in VR Chat

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

KirbyKhan posted:

I never understood how we come off as a pit of dispare. Like we have a have a fuckin happy thread where the finest happy songs with Jesus, Ryan Reynolds, and the cast from the Broadway production of Aladdin are singing literal happy songs.

It actually bothered me that so few cspam posters are willing to share what makes them happy in a meaningful way

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

nothing makes me happier than bothering others

I like having loving family and meaningful social bonds and helping my community and quiet contemplative moments alone but your thing sounds pretty cool I guess

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It's against the law to say people are allowed to post in GBS now, do NOT make the same mistake I did

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Lux Animus posted:

Hi - I've been posting in the Trump thread more and move over the last couple months, and they've been rather welcoming! It moves very fast, which is one reason why some people (nosy-neighbor types, mostly?) might dislike it.

The posters there are largely an amusing and irreverent lot with similar senses of humor and leftish politics. There are personalities that grate against each other and complain like a pair of roommate cats might, but the mood is generally one of levity intended to shitpost away the existential blues of modern life while also posting recent news stories and funny twitter posts and so on. "Main Character Syndrome" is something that doesn't last long within that group, as there have been historically many bans and burnouts from the self-aggrandizing-posting crowd that hung out in the trump threads in the past.

Dunno what the problem some have with it or its posters nowadays, other than it's insular enough with its poster-lore that I agree it's like a different sub-channel of CSPAM, like the channel with the cartoons under the newscorp's larger media umbrella.

Suck my dick

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol the admins hate all the forums and users now except gbs I guess

e: like theres a 40 page in pyf that is begging for the admins to talk to the userbase that the admins are clearly reading and yet refusing to post in

Lol and also link please

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

KirbyKhan posted:

Im up to like page 20 of this feedback thread. D&D's feedback thread was a better read.

lmao and lol that yet another funny post has been punishable by death

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

That's how most qcs style threads go.

The mods are going to make the funny posts even more bannable when qcs opens

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

lumpentroll posted:

i guess youre safe then

:supaburn:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I would like the mods to stop probating people for jokes in their posts, specifically my jokes in my posts

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

really queer Christmas posted:

The mods are only allowed to hurt my posting enemies and not my posting friends.

As somebody who has no posting enemies, agreed

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im youre enemry

well i like you :)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

lumpentroll posted:

now youre my enemy

i like you too :)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Skyl3lazer posted:

that's kind of my point, the entire drama in the first place was dumb as poo poo people from qcs or fyad or PYF (lol) that just wanted to shitstir, and the mods caved to it entirely. we had a good thing that had to be Worse because the shittiest people on the forums were bored

nah it sucked because they didn't give me any money

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Lib and let die posted:

it costs the IRS less money to go after Goonfund than it would to go after Deloitte's CSR program tax haven NPO.

Deloitte's CSR program tax haven NPO sucks for the same reason the goonfund thread did

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

can I get an accurate tl;dr on the goonfund thread because it sounds like whatever happened with the IRS or gambling or whatever was probably funny

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

whyy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

from my sixth hand knowledge there was little to no documentation regarding deposits/payments and when the OP was revealed as a gambler of some degree questions were raised that were never satisfactorily answered

why is this the bad kind of subforums fault according to cspam people who hate the other forums though

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Someone in the pyf sagas thread noticed the goonfund and started asking questions, this lead to a QCS thread being made about it where people noticed more and more weird things. There definitely were weirdos who dislike CSPAM getting involved but I think a lot of the base questions about the fund were fair e.g. keeping track of funds and things like that. If you read the OG goonfund thread people made the same kinds of concerns and were flamed out of the thread. The previous goonfund thread was also derailed by someone questioning plinkey's gambling habits.

You can read the threads and make your own judgements.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903318

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014910

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014834

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018833

thank you for reconsidering

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

KirbyKhan posted:

Throughout goin fund discourse the UKMT D&D thread always lobbied to take the goonfund under their responsible care. Which yeah, it is responsible by fiduciary standards, but that makes it a bad goodfund because I want money for toys and dinner.

If I was in charge of goonfund I would spend down every last cent into anybody who gave fund receiving account information. For each poster I would run three forums searches

1) "I just bought"
2) "steam sale"
3) "retard"

And calibrate amount given vs amount asked for according to my findings.

I assume that "steam sale" means they would be more likely to get free money because it means they are thrifty

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

croup coughfield posted:

high at work and will not be editing that

tgif

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Al! posted:

yall just mad you never thought to beg plinky for weekend coke money

ii'm furious

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

lumpentroll posted:

NHD do your job

yeah get back to work at the dick sucking factory

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

as their web developer

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the end duel of The Good The Bad And The Ugly where it's cutting between their faces waiting, but then it cuts to a wide shot and they're all really far apart from each other looking at their phones

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

CODChimera posted:

yeah they got a slap on the wrist, imagine if cspam tried an op that big, it would be a massacre

what if there was an OP so big that he had no choice but to become a moderator

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

CODChimera posted:

so it is a clique. Interesting

Yeah that's what groups of friends is called

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Why did I wake up to 1000 new posts in this thread?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Oh god

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

The admins really did it this time lmao

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I saw a screenshot with an announcement about a new QCS-lite but now I guess they closed it already because admins got really busy at the gym or something?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I'm in New York for work right now and there was a very fat guy in his mid 50s at a coffee place in Washington heights this mornig wearing a beret and sweatpants with the forums open btw

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

500 good dogs posted:

Strongly disagree. CSPAM threads have a high propensity to just be content-less junk, with it being easy to find whole pages without a single content post. D&D is good,

lol

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the admins are being capricious and arbitrary and refuse to talk to the userbase

And when/if they do interact with the userbase they use a condescending parental or human resources tone instead of just being people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

This is now a chat thread, which means it shouldn't be a thread anymore. Now die!