Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

if you could trade posters, there would not be posters, there would only be brands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3979579&pagenumber=738&perpage=40#post524989627

jeff has been studying the biosphere collapse while our enemies are posting about how cspam is a pit of despair

we already won

first they call you the whiniest turd on this site, then they laugh at you, and then you win. through the power of whining. and turds. whiny turd power

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

more like yoffrey of jespos, am i right? i believe i am

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

very well. i will not like everybody

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Hatebag posted:

I think if everyone doubles down on being insane morons we can make this forum really hum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoE4p_wmnc0

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

nothing gets madder than a drama goon convinced they're fighting the ultimate war of good against evil, on posters in some other thread on the same goddamn forums

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

imho posters should let each other post, instead of getting worked up into a blood frenzy by the absolute loving gooniest goons on this site

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

Good job everybody. All we had to do was nothing

another qcs success story

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Al! posted:

jeffrey is afraid to come into cspam since the first time he posted a "hey guys, whats going on in the subforum" thread everyone weirded him out on purpose

i wasn't doing it on purpose

"on purpose" describes very few of the things i do

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

how are you guys so mad about a ukraine thread you don't even post in

have you considered just not being so mad about it, and this is a serious question, i genuinely don't understand the level of hatred

did you work yourself into a forums bloodlust where bashing your own metaphorical faces against the metaphorical wall won't cut it or something

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

so was dustcat always like this or did something happen

i used to get way too into forums drama back when it felt like my hangouts were being threatened, but now i'm like, what was that even about

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

used to be, huh? anyway you should follow peoples conversations a little bit before making up what you think they're about. unless you enjoy people being slightly miffed at you frequently.

you werent ever a mod were you

that is always good advice

i have never been a mod on the somethingawful forums

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

lol at this idiot btw, imagine how bad the forum would suck if the only people who posted here were losers like you. Cheering at threads getting shut down because youre frail and incurious enough to want the forum homogenized to the point you never have to read a post that you wouldn't have written yourself

:ironicat:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

some plague rats posted:

Neither of you have ever made a funny post. You're too gutless to ever really try and flame someone because internally you know you don't have the stomach to be really insulting so you fart out these gay little cliches that no one could ever possibly get mad at

i'm not trying to flame you i'm just noting for the record that you're an idiot without an ounce of self awareness who also can't read a posting room when they really need to

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

KirbyKhan posted:

Same

Ok I'll engage. There's multiple Ukraine/Russia threads. D&D has one, GiP has one (I assume/trust), CSPAM has one, and GBS has one. So you can see the exact same dreary bullshit through a few lenses.

This place posts about the truth of the war and that war is bad. Idk I don't read it, but Majorian was modding it and it seemed fine when there was a big ol brigade week where all the U/R threads all started going cross-forum to debate. I did not get probed for posting "war bad"

D&D is koos effort trap zone, and out of all of the threads that one is the best case study on how to handle this. BUT STILL multiple times that thread has linked directly to charities that that support real deal actual kill-the-jews Nazis. I do get probed for posting "war bad"

GBS is the old Mt Everest death watching fucks hooting and hollering over the death of enemies. I don't believe them when they say it is a bit. It's not, they get super duper horny. That's being modded by kit who has been the dumbest bitch in like the last 2 years of QCS struggle sessions directly calling out her various pet threads.

We all hashed this out months ago. CSPAM stuck to the non-brigading truce talks or whatever. GBS absolutely has not. Their psychos got slaps on the wrist while like 4 of our psychos got permabanned I think I'm forgetting. All this happened months ago, so this whole this is deeply funny because of direct experience in drinking FORUMS BATTLEMENTAL SPACE is kinda fun.

well as long as everyone's having fun

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

dustcat i respect the urge to roll around in the poo poo, respect the hell out of it, but you need to make sure the insults describe your target better than yourself. that will always backfire

there's certainly a big disconnect between how various posters see the forums they post on and how the drama posters see them

i'm just offering my view raw and real

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

man, spr's social credit has really tanked

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lumpentroll posted:

dustcat imo

lol what would you even report that post for, "this poster is calling a mod fat"?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

That DICK! posted:

glen discord glen thread

coffee is for thread closers

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Al! posted:

i just dont think youre all mature enough for an open qcs

lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

for graver sins, we offer indulgences for $10

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm not sure the trump thread remnants can be rightfully called a clique these days, they're a fractious and ornery lot that spend more energy sniping at each other than posting trumps

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Shifty Nipples posted:

your mom is fractious and ornery

oh, you know her!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Smythe posted:

should gas it. there’s a whole video game forum. why don’t you loving losers open a “catte” thread while you’re at it

there's a cats and weed thread but looks like it's slowed down a lot

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Al! posted:

guybrush threepwood is a parasite, not a worker

no he actually serves as a crewmember in the new one

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

tristeham posted:

this sounds like stockholm syndrome.

well it's very hard to physically keep the hostages from leaving the thread so we have to resort to psychological means

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

going to a monastery to hire a monk to intercessorily autoban himself for me daily as i join the forums crusade

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also you'd have to drive to pittsburgh... i dunno...

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

i could kill him

oh no. please don't.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

i am willing to accept one trump thread poster into my tutelage

i nominate buddykins, let's see what you do with him

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

they must approach me of their own volition

there's always a catch, you're as bad as a rehab center

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

this isnt political its spiritual

for a few years after i moved to this house, we would get visits from the seventh day adventists up the street, and although they finally flagged this address in their database as nonproductive, the last time they came they were like "well do you know anybody else in the neighborhood who might need help, like they're going through a crisis or something" and, nonconfrontational as i am, simply told them no and low key smdh

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also go check out that stux post in the leper's colony lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

30.5 Days posted:

whenever there's a really annoying guy in the c-spam thread, it seems like they're usually trump posters. But it's not like I know how many trump posters there are who AREN'T really annoying because I only look at post histories when I'm like "what's this guy's deal, why's he like this"

yeah there's like a whole science of "why is this idiot posting in this thread making me angry when they usually post in this other thread making them angry" i think it's called intersectionality or something, from like venn diagrams

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

That DICK! posted:

i dont want to break up the community thats grown there, it seems very important to several, potentially many posters, but as someone who posted there in the early days of 2015-16 id just like a place to see wacky trump updates that isnt D&D or GBS. the dude is hilarious and i want to know everything he does. i dont really want to know that problematic poster Borvis T. Yeti is shoving meth up his rear end and battering his coworker teenaged waitress with a kitten on a rope he's fashioned into a makeshift flail

yeah, entirely

the problem is the president's death; this stuff was always there but while he lived, the president was making content so prodigiously that all this nonsense was lost in the noise

he's making signs of recovery lately though, there have been some good days in the trump thread even in this year

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also back when the trump thread had six IKs, they could whack actual nonsense as easily as pass comedy probes and nobody could get mad because it was the way of things

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

someone should make a trump thread but for normal posters

that's like saying "somebody should write a sonnet for tubas"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

lol

unironically he decided it would hurt more to watch me destroy myself as a mod than to leave the glenn thread.

:chloe: