Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Volmarias posted:

What? I can't hear you over the sounds of my artillery obliterating your position, you'll have to come clo-... Oh, you're all dead, nevermind then.

It wasn’t an RFL-AIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Yeah it seems like fulfilling all the objectives and not losing any people is worth considerably more than one fixer-upper rifleman

Yeah this isn't a House unit that has a ton of logistical support.

A Pyrrhic victory could easily gently caress the company over and end up in bankruptcy down the line. If every Mech in Goonlance is able to walk off the field under its own power and all the main objeectives achieved, that's well worth sacrificing a potential deathtrap like the Rifleman.

E: Orders in - running to 1017 and trying to core out the Panther.

anakha fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 26, 2024

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
And Goonlance can still try to negotiate with the planetary authorities for salvage rights to pirate mechs, right?

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024

Gnoman posted:

Even if salvaging the Rifleman was on the table, a three-sided battle is likely to get you hurt badly. The extra damage might well outweigh any salvage.

I can confirm that. I´m playing my own campaign and with between 10-12 (at least) battles for contract and I had "a bunch of times" lucky shoots in the gyro or the reactor of my team, and it´s expensive to repair.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Boat Stuck posted:

And Goonlance can still try to negotiate with the planetary authorities for salvage rights to pirate mechs, right?

Would you really want any of those mechs tho

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Boat Stuck posted:

Also (depending on the contract) could negotiate with the planetary authorities for increased compensation in return for not taking them/dropping any claim. Goodwill and extra resources are probably much more useful than some low end mechs which need a lot of work done.

Unless they're useful, no reason to not try and negotiate over them (if possible) to get something from our employers instead.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And you never know, there might be a coup here in a few years and having friendly contacts could result in more work

smdvogrin
Mar 8, 2019

Boat Stuck posted:

I believe the way MekHQ works is that you can claim whatever salvage you want, but anything over your contract percentage you have to pay market value for.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

smdvogrin posted:

I believe the way MekHQ works is that you can claim whatever salvage you want, but anything over your contract percentage you have to pay market value for.

That's not on by default, but one I always set. By default it'll let you take salvage until you meet or exceed your percentage, but then you can't take anything else until the numbers line up.

Which means you can have like a 5% salvage share and take a downed overlord dropship that sets you at 800 million salvage vs your employers 3 million salvage, and they're a-ok with it

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Salvaging an overlord seems like the end of the game because only a fool wouldn't just retire on that money surely

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

smdvogrin posted:

Azhais posted:

That's not on by default, but one I always set. By default it'll let you take salvage until you meet or exceed your percentage, but then you can't take anything else until the numbers line up.

I'm currently playing with the default settings, but am thinking about changing it. There were some moments during the last contract where the default salvage settings were a bit limiting.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

For the purposes of the LP, why not have it be fully permissive on the mekhq side? You'll be making the decisions for the game, after all.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
This turn I'm thinking of jumping the Wolverine to 1707, facing 1607 with orders to engage the Assassin if he sticks around in LOS. Chances are that the Assassin will pull back to avoid getting focused down by everybody inside the fort, but if I ran to somewhere like 1311 I'd be wide open to getting back shotted if I try to get an attack on the Panther.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

wiegieman posted:

For the purposes of the LP, why not have it be fully permissive on the mekhq side? You'll be making the decisions for the game, after all.

Houseruling it is another option, but I haven't thought too deeply about it yet. I'll probably see how things play out with the next contract before coming to a conclusion.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Holybat posted:

This turn I'm thinking of jumping the Wolverine to 1707, facing 1607 with orders to engage the Assassin if he sticks around in LOS. Chances are that the Assassin will pull back to avoid getting focused down by everybody inside the fort, but if I ran to somewhere like 1311 I'd be wide open to getting back shotted if I try to get an attack on the Panther.

I'd again suggest just running instead of jumping here. The time for playing max evasive isn't right now while we have a 5 to 1 advantage in local numbers. We need to be maximizing our chances to actually hit anything at this point.

A jump on to the wall to be able to hit either side of the compound would be reasonable though.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.

Gwaihir posted:

I'd again suggest just running instead of jumping here. The time for playing max evasive isn't right now while we have a 5 to 1 advantage in local numbers. We need to be maximizing our chances to actually hit anything at this point.

A jump on to the wall to be able to hit either side of the compound would be reasonable though.

I'll be honest I was looking at jumping instead of running since I'm the only one who's failed a PSR and slid from running inside here so far, and the dice seem to be super swingy :v:

But yeah trying for a run again will help a little with the TMM. Making orders for a run to 1707 facing 1607 and readying for any attack opportunities on the Assassin.

EDIT: Orders are in for the Wolverine. Running to 1707 and readying for any attack opportunity on the Assassin.

Holybat fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 27, 2024

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Gladiator

Yeah, falling down is the main thing I was considering with my own move ideas. Orders are in, walking to 1409 and then a bunch of conditional shots on the Assassin. (Sorry if I'm a little late on orders, busy week.)

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Frozen Assets: Turn 11

Brendan Ang’s heart beat a steady rhythm as he hunkered down behind an old metal shipping container. The feeling was uncomfortable, but the cold air of the hangar helped still his nerves. He glanced around for Lori and found her slightly behind and to the left of him, crouched in the shadow of a long-abandoned forklift. He didn’t bother looking for Jason. His old friend was somewhere on the upper walkways, using his vantage point and communicator to guide them past the guard patrols. Not that there was much need; most had abandoned their posts to crowd around the hangar’s reinforced windows once the shooting had started.

When he was sure the coast was clear Brendan poked his head out. The hangar reminded him of the old Buddhist temple he had studied at as a child, only made of steel, and with three battlemechs replacing the trio of enormous bronze Buddhas in the centre. The comparison made Brendan want to laugh. His father had hoped that he and Lori would become monks. It was probably a good thing that he had died before their utter disregard for ahimsa had become too obvious to hide.

Marshalling his thoughts, Brendan studied the battlemechs for a moment. Montagne’s techs had done their best to disguise it, but none of the three machines were in mint condition. All had varying degrees of armour damage, and the way some of their limbs hung limp suggested unresolved actuator issues. None were beyond repair though, and the huge footprints covering the dusty floor confirmed that all three had walked in under their own power.

Brendan’s communicator pinged. “J here. M’s line went dead. I think he might have been vaped.”

“Really?” For the briefest moment Brendan felt the faintest tinge of regret. “Shame. I wanted to kill the bastard myself.”

A clatter of footsteps rang out from somewhere behind him. “Freeze, rear end in a top hat!” a male voice barked.

Brendan clenched his jaw. “You missed one, J,” he hissed softly, then disabled his communicator by tapping his earlobe.

“Hands up and turn around. Slowly!”

Brendan did as he was told. The guard was a fresh-faced young man, probably no older than twenty-five. His eyes were alert and full of purpose, which was probably why he was still on patrol while most of his colleagues had absconded to watch the battle outside. He carried a K12 Submachine Gun, a rugged design common throughout the Periphery. He recoiled slightly when he saw Brendan’s disfigured face, and raised his weapon slightly higher.

“Holy poo poo. The gently caress’s up with your face? You lose a fight with a toaster or something?”

Brendan smiled thinly. The boy was dutiful, but he was also jittery, and green as a fresh shoot of bamboo. A professional would not have made such an unguarded comment. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Lori slip out of her hiding place and begin to sidle around to come at the guard from behind.

“This is a restricted area. Who the hell are you are how did you get in here?” the guard demanded.

“I'm a customer,” Brendan lied. “I was outside having a smoke when the shooting started. I panicked and got myself locked out, so I hid in here instead.” It was an obvious fabrication, but that didn't matter. All Brendan had to do was distract the young man long enough for Lori to get into position.

“You sound pretty calm to me,” the young man said suspiciously. “You’re armed, and you have an earbud. You a spook?”

“No,” Brendan said, grinning triumphantly as Lori ghosted up behind the youth and pulled out her garotte. “But you will be soon.”

“What’s that supposed to m-” the guard’s voice choked off as Lori leapt up onto his back. The young man thrashed and bucked, but her garotte’s monofilament wire had already sliced deep into his windpipe. After a few moments his struggles weakened and he sank to his knees, bloody froth bubbling from his lips.

“A little tip for your next life,” Brendan said, kneeling down and yanking the dying guard’s gun away before his spasming fingers could pull the trigger. “Always shoot first.”

The young man’s eyes glazed over, and he went limp. Lori unwrapped her garotte and stood up. A giddy grin split her lips, and her eyes shone with the joy of murder. Brendan smiled and gave her an affectionate pat on the shoulder. “Good job, sis.” His expression soured as he re-engaged his communicator.

“You hosed up, J. Get us to the mechs ASAP, or I’ll gouge out your eyes with your own tattoo needle.”

Wolverine WVR-6M (Player) turned while running on pavement (Hex 1709); must pass a piloting test to avoid skidding out of control! Needs 5, rolls 9: Succeeds!

Weapons fire for Gladiator GLD-4R (Player):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2K (Player):
-Fires PPC at Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 5, rolls 6: Hits Rear Left Torso! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 10 damage to Rear Left Torso, 0/5 Armour, 3/8 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.
-Fires LRM-5 at Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 5, rolls 10: 4 Missiles Hit! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 4 damage to Right Arm, 2/12 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5Sr (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser (Called Shot – Centre Torso) at Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 1, rolls 11: Hits Aimed Location! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 5/11 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Centre Torso! Two Critical Hits sustained! Engine Hit! Gyro Destroyed!
-Fires Medium Laser (Called Shot – Centre Torso) at Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 1, rolls 6: Hits Aimed Location! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 0/11 Structure remaining. Centre Torso Destroyed! Mech Destroyed!
-Fires Medium Laser (Called Shot – Centre Torso) at Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 1, rolls 6: Hits Aimed Location! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, but it has already been destroyed!
-Fires SRM-6 Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 1, rolls 8: 4 Missiles Hit! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 2 damage to Left Leg (10/12 Armour remaining), Right Torso (4/10 Armour remaining), Right Torso (2/10 Armour remaining) and Right Arm (0/12 Armour remaining).
-Fires SRM-6 Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 1, rolls 10: 3 Missiles Hit! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 2 damage to Right Torso (0/10 Armour remaining), Left Torso (8/10 Armour remaining) and Left Leg (8/12 Armour remaining).

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6M (Player):
-Holds fire!

--

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-1N (Allied):
-Fires PPC at Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 4, rolls 6: Hits Right Leg! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 10 damage to Right Leg, 2/12 Armour remaining.
-Fires LRM-10 at Panther PNT-9R (Pirates); needs 3, rolls 7: 6 Missiles Hit! Panther PNT-9R (Pirates) takes 5 damage to Right Leg (0/12 Armour, 5/8 Structure remaining (Critical Chance!)) and 1 damage to Right Torso (7/8 Structure remaining (Critical Chance!)).
--Critical Chance in Right Leg! One Critical Hit sustained! Right Leg Blown Off!
--Critical Chance in Right Torso! No Critical Hits sustained.

Weapons fire for Prowler MTV (Snow) (Allied):
-Holds fire!

--

Weapons fire for Centurion CN9-AL (Silver Phantoms):
-Fires Large Laser at Assassin ASN (Creed) (ACE) (Pirates); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Assassin ASN (Creed) (ACE) (Pirates); needs 8, rolls 9: Hits Centre Torso! Assassin ASN (Creed) (ACE) (Pirates) takes 5 damage to Centre Torso, 7/12 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Hermes II HER-2S (Silver Phantoms):
-Fires AC/5 at Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms):
-Fires Medium Laser at Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates); needs 10, rolls 12: Hits Left Arm! Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates) takes 5 damage to Left Arm, 0/9 Armour, 1/5 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Arm! One Critical Hit sustained! Upper Arm Actuator Hit!
-Fires Medium Laser at Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates); needs 10, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Machine Gun at Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates); needs 10, rolls 8: Misses!
-Fires Machine Gun at Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates); needs 10, rolls 6: Misses!

--

Weapons fire for Assassin ASN (Creed) (ACE) (Pirates):
-Fires SRM-2 at Centurion CN9-AL (Silver Phantoms); needs 10, rolls 4: Misses!
-Fires SRM-2 at Centurion CN9-AL (Silver Phantoms); needs 10, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates):
-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms); needs 9, rolls 8: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms); needs 9, rolls 7: Misses!

Weapons fire for Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirates):
-Fires LRM-10 at Hermes II HER-2S (Silver Phantoms); needs 8, rolls 3: Misses!
-Fires LRM-10 at Hermes II HER-2S (Silver Phantoms); needs 8, rolls 6: Misses!

Physical attacks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms):
-Kicks Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates); needs 9, rolls 3: Misses!

--

Physical attacks for Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates):
-Punches Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms) with right arm; needs 10, rolls 7: Misses!
-Punches Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms) with left arm; needs 12, rolls 7: Misses!

--

Piloting checks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms)
-Missed a Kick: Needs 5, rolls 2: Fails!
--Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms) falls on its left side, suffering 5 damage to Left Torso, 8/18 Armour remaining.
---Mechwarrior Brian bin-Thaqib must roll 5+ to avoid damage. Rolls 7: Succeeds!

Subtracting 2 heat from all units due to Arctic Conditions…

Gladiator GLD-4R (Player) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Shadow Hawk SHD-2H (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5Sr (Player) gains 17 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Wolverine WVR-6M (Player) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Griffin GRF-1N (Allied) gains 12 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Centurion CN9-AL (Silver Phantoms) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Hermes II HER-2S (Silver Phantoms) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms) gains 6 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Assassin ASN (Creed) (ACE) (Pirates) gains 5 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Fire Javelin JVN-10F (Pirates) gains 10 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Whitworth WTH-1 (Pirates) gains 7 heat, sinks 7 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Military Police (Panzyr II) Squad #1 arrests 2d8 criminal scum: 11 criminal scum detained!

Military Police (Panzyr II) Squad #2 arrests 2d8 criminal scum: 5 criminal scum detained!

Griffin GRF-1N (Allied) is planning on walking to Hex 1407 next turn.

Prowler MTV (Snow) (Allied) is planning on cruising to Hex 1507 next turn.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Silver Phantoms) attempts to stand up. Needs 5, rolls 10: Succeeds!

Player Status

Ally Status

Enemy Status

Pirates Status

Special Abilities:
-Infantry: Dig In: Infantry units can dig in, sacrificing the ability to move in exchange for removing the ‘caught in the open’ penalty.
-Infantry: Harsh Weather Training: The infantry unit has been trained to operate in harsh environments and suffers no penalties due to extreme temperatures.
-Infantry: Sprint: Infantry units can sprint, moving an additional hex in exchange for not being able to fire.
-Oblique Attacker: Pilot can fire indirectly without a spotter and the penalty for indirect fire is reduced by 1.
-Rapid Autocannons: The pilot can fire an additional shot with standard and light autocannons. However, the shot will have a +1 accuracy penalty, and the weapon will jam on a roll of 2. If the gun does jam, it will remain unusable for the duration of combat.
-Small Pilot: Negates ‘Cramped Cockpit’ penalties.
-Sniper: Modifiers for all range brackets are halved.
-Tactical Genius: This ability denotes an enemy Ace. Enemy Aces can move during the players’ movement phase, making them difficult to predict.
-Toughness: Grants a -1 bonus to consciousness rolls.

Relevant Design Quirks:
-Armoured Cowl: Provides 3 additional armour points against attacks from the rear or side of the mech’s head.
-Battle Fists: The mech receives a -1 accuracy bonus when punching.
-Cramped Cockpit: The pilot suffers a +1 penalty on piloting rolls.
-Extended Torso Twist: The mech can twist its torso to threaten an additional hex.
-Improved Targeting (Short): The mech receives a -1 bonus when firing at close range.
-Unbalanced: The mech receives a +1 penalty on piloting rolls caused by moving through difficult terrain.
-Weak Legs: When the unit is kicked or makes a Death From Above attack that unit has a chance of suffering a critical hit even if its leg armour is not breached.

--

Primary Objectives:
Objective A: Facilitate the arrest of Minister for Trade and Industry Paul Montagne. (Complete!)
Objective B: Once Objective A is achieved, either ensure Mason Voyce successfully retreats from the battlefield or destroy or drive off all enemy combatants.
Objective C: Etienne Decimis must survive.

Secondary Objectives:
Objective A: Facilitate the arrest of at least 30 auctiongoers (30/30) (50,000 C-Bill Reward) (Complete!)
Objective B: Facilitate the arrest of at least 60 auctiongoers (60/60) (100,000 C-Bill Reward) (Complete!)
Objective C: Facilitate the arrest of all 100 auctiongoers (88/100) (150,000 C-Bill Reward)
Objective D: Destroy or drive off all enemy combatants (200,000 C-Bill Reward)

--

Ace Contingencies
This mission contains an enemy ace. Ace pilots move during the player movement phase, making them unpredictable and hard to target. Players attempting to shoot at enemy aces are strongly advised to include contingency orders for alternative targets since the ace in question may not be in their field of fire once the shooting phase starts.

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 30th 9:00PM GMT.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Those sure are some ominous outlines on that mech hangar...

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Treb

anakha posted:

Assuming the Panther dies, I'm gonna go Whitworth hunting next turn.

insert Elmer Fudd joke here

Planning to run to 0620 next turn. Should be 10s to hit the Whitworth from there but I'm planning to set the hex it's in on fire as well.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Those sure are some ominous outlines on that mech hangar...

It will be fun to know if anyone can guess what they are. Avid MegaMek players in particular might be able to recognise the shape of the sprites.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Scintilla posted:

It will be fun to know if anyone can guess what they are. Avid MegaMek players in particular might be able to recognise the shape of the sprites.

Several years ago i might have been able to do it, but i can’t now

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Scintilla posted:

Pretty sure the middle one's either a Warhammer or a Hammerhands.

And is the bottom one a Devastator?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Technowolf posted:

Pretty sure the middle one's either a Warhammer or a Hammerhands.

And is the bottom one a Devastator?

There's only one heavy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Imp?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Scintilla posted:

There's only one heavy.

DVS is an assault

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Technowolf posted:

DVS is an assault

Very true! Alas there is egg on both of our faces, since the Devastator is one of those schizoid Star League designs that barely made it past the prototype stage, and IIRC the lowtech version isn't introduced until the 3030s.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Are the players allowed to metagame on this one and divert towards the mechs in the hanger?

Either way, looking a little touch and go, but at least you (currently) only have to deal with that assassin.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

Are the players allowed to metagame on this one and divert towards the mechs in the hanger?

Either way, looking a little touch and go, but at least you (currently) only have to deal with that assassin.

The DM has put it on the map, the players have no reason not to know about it. In-universe I'd think the three display mechs starting to power up would show up on everybody's sensors and probably be an immediate concern.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

IMJack posted:

The DM has put it on the map, the players have no reason not to know about it. In-universe I'd think the three display mechs starting to power up would show up on everybody's sensors and probably be an immediate concern.

Ah, wasn't clear that this meant they were starting to power up

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Preserving your combat advantage and possibly your life vs not destroying client property until it's 100% shooting at you

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Client never mentioned recovery iirc, just dealing with Montagne.

So, if we have to break a few things preemptively, well...

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Canonically, how far does ejecting from a mech get you?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Volmarias posted:

Surely its the client's fault for not loading another squad into that APC and detailing them to secure the hangar in the first place.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

28. If the price of collateral damage is high enough, you might be able to get paid for bringing ammunition home with you.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
I'll fully admit I stopped paying attention for a few days, and I must say. It seems like next turn things are going to kick off in dramatic fashion.

My only suggestion is that we should try and kill the assassin. But I don't know how to do that. It's rough planning around an ace with a 9 MP Sprint

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Arrath posted:

Surely its the client's fault for not loading another squad into that APC and detailing them to secure the hangar in the first place.

To be honest, having the rest of the Royal Lance ride along to help move the machine wouldn't have hurt, but I think we expected that they were somewhat inoperable

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So are the latest gruop of mechs powering up going to be not-friendly either?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i'm seeing a vindicator and a cataphract, but that doesn't make sense since the CTF is 3025 introdate

no clue which variant for the VND

also idk about the middle one, initial instinct was Blackjack but it doesn't fit the sprite at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

wedgekree posted:

So are the latest gruop of mechs powering up going to be not-friendly either?

If they're being piloted by the death squad pirates that apparently planned on showing up, murdering everyone, and stealing them, I think that is a safe bet.