Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I never knew isometric was a thing and next time I play I'm absolutely using that, apropos of nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Scintilla posted:

For some reason the MegaMek RNG seems to have a vendetta against left legs. Lots of armour getting stripped off left legs this turn.

You know that could actually be a thing. Some RNG isn't quite so R depending on how it's been programmed.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

biosterous posted:

idk why we would hire Thabo, he's got a 100% rate of getting his mech shot out from under him. also he hates us, since his specific objective is to crush our merc company, not defend the dropship

much more fun to keep him as a reoccurring villain :yayclod:

He can be like that one guy in Crimson Skies that gets more and more angry every time he goes up against you because he gets shot down every time, to the point he's screaming about all the things he's going to do to you for it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Is there an Urbanmech Superheavy yet?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

biosterous posted:

also voting for the player Hunchback and enemy Trebuchet, both for being pretty dang scary

i also vote to give Harathi a voucher for a week at a nice vacation spa place or something, Harathi needs a break! i forget where we are on the map, guessing canopus is probably too far, but i'm sure there's some place closer

e: we are on castor, neat

Did the planet have a lot of oil?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I would vote D, if only because we aren't trained enough to handle the tougher fights yet.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

Can we not do whatever this is?

It's the Transformers 1 method.

Unfortunately.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

LRM-5 can easily get away with a "Combat Load" of 12-15 shots per launcher. LRM-5s are so over-supplied that 1 ton easily feeds 2 launchers.
SRM-2 is a touch harder, but 9-12 per launcher is probably plenty. 12 shots is honestly edging into the excessive, you probably won't even spend 9 turns firing an SRM-2.

Machine Guns are so bad you can easily get away with 5 shots per gun and will probably still end the game with ammo left over.

Unless you're doing the always hilarious boating build, trying to determine where the sweet spot is when you're running a custom build of 14+ machine guns.

I think I ran a light with AESs and the arms filled to the brim, but I have no idea if it was any good at anything whatsoever.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

That's what CASE II is for. Risk-free dakka!

Now I'm thinking of a light that mounts LMG arrays linked to a targeting computer. Death of a thousand crits.

e:Welp, turns out TCs don't work on machineguns.

Yep hence the AESs!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just put the boots to him, medium style.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Osha? Never heard of it. Is that some failed FWL prototype hovercraft or something?

It's a smaller nation in the periphery, the Oligarchy of the Sovereign Hegemony Assembly.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

propatriamori posted:

People didn't know, in-universe, that space AT&T was evil space AT&T until later, did they? Even the Helm incident with the Gray Death seemingly got blamed on one bad Precentor instead of a broader policy issue.

I think it might have been known on some level that their intelligence service were not great people, given how ComStar were written in a few adventures at the time, but then again what intelligence service is seen as good anywhere?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

From a design standpoint, they were added in FM:FS specifically as a buff to standard autocannons. Since the IS already had the fully array of special ACs and got the RAC in the same book, it's clearly an intentional choice.

From a story standpoint, the FS has a boner for standard autocannons and got sad they weren't good, so they spent a bunch of time and money designing special ammo specifically for standard ACs.

A more fun explanation would be that the Fedsuns had a lot of military contractors that just didn't want to ever make the Ultracannon switch because that would be expensive so they lobbied for making specialized rounds for their existing stock, kinda like the Excalibur round we have today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Holybat posted:

Unfortunately it doesn't look like you can armor ammo slots. I just tried it on Megamek Lab.

Armored components also aren't a thing until 3059