Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A seems good.

(Also I propose you post and link the thread in the new LP thread, I only saw the thread by accident.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

My one worry is that it does obscure the bottom of some hexes, where the height readout is, if the hex in front is taller, but also it's generally quite obvious from context.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Bring back the Kanga jump tank.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

They make for pretty good ballast.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

If I remember properly, a little math indicates that at least autocannon ammo floats on water.

It is not good to think about math and physics while being near battletech.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It's not extremely bad as a battletaxi for people who have a staging jumpship to operate from.

People who have a staging jumpship to operate from will typically have a better use for docking collars and docking bays, however.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Since they were an actual military unit and had more than 4 mechs, it's likely heavier than we'd like.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A Union, the standard company dropship, more or less, carries something like 140 tons of guns, which is more than the mass of your lance.

Granted that armament is distributed between sides sponsons and top turrets but it's still a nasty show.

There is a roughly zero percent chance that it is in fact an Overlord, you don't need to worry about that.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That's a perfectly regular canon configuration post 3055, 3 Gauss Rifles, 3 ERPPC, 5 ERLL and the 6 LRM20s get Artemis 4 FCS added.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

MGs only consume one ammo unit per shot but missile weapons shoot their rating in ammo, a LRM 20 will launch 20 LRMs, this is because you can mix and match all sizes of LRM launchers and they pull from the same ammo pool, while there's only one size of MG ammo launcher (*)(**)(***)(****).

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Oh yeah, the math is already done on the mechsheets, one of the most powerful arguments against mix and matching.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

In the future you might see it happen more as I believe anti-infantry pods are mounted on the legs pretty often.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It doesn't appear on the enemy status image though.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

If you blap both legs off at once, it will do a front flip on its head while one of those humorous stock screams play.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

If you swing around out of the fields of fire of the dropship's weapons, you can probably take called shots at his legs, it'll probably make his life easier.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

He knows we don't actually have that authority.

We can pressure him into doing so but our threats have a solid limit where the crew realizes we can't really be trusted and they also fight like cornered rats and or sabotage the dropship and then we lose the intact dropship bonus.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

There's still time for some battletech to happen but that's mostly rolled up, the perfect moment to get your engine cored out by an SRM-6.

Also: update on previous page.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

When you're a pirate and you use inferno ammo you had better try your hardest to be the MVP every match because loss is not going to be very rewarding.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Let's not do the goon self destructive but funny votes too fast.

So I'll say none or just:

TheParadigm posted:

recruit Gudrun Magos.
Sim junkie on reserve duty? That's one we can actually use. I think she'll make an okay trainer with someone to watch over her shoulder - and point out real world experience trumps sim scores.

Just the one, tho, but I don't care if y'all add a +1 to that.

Magos because she appears to be a relatively salvageable case and having a sim junky to train against is useful. Of course, you could just hire one who didn't take part in some piracy or something.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

They have one (1) bigly situational non obvious advantage in that they fire from three levels of elevation and so can bypass some terrain.

But mostly it's fun to push around 200 tons of metal, mostly when you also have a spotter and also have sacrificed some crits and mass to carry some artillery so you can't really be range bullied.

Now you may think that that's nothing that two Annies can't do better and you'll be entirely right, it's all about sending a message.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I suppose that's the sort of thing you can GM edit?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm gonna bet that the surprise in D is multiple Taurian nukes on population centers, it's about the only one they know.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Second contract is the second most common place for a merc company to end.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The Urbie can do at least one thing passably, and furthermore, it can even do that one single thing pretty well.

I can't really imagine a purpose for that thing.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Regarding fluid guns I'm still sad that the Rasalhague freedom fighter on Ikuta Glacier didn't manage to hit with her fluid guns.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ardlen posted:

Looks like you're in luck then!

Oh I forgot about those, those are good hits, talk about an ammunition using weapon for extended guerilla campaigns.

Does take some specific terrain though.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Fluid Guns can carry more than just water, they can also spray oil (creates floor hazards that force skid checks and can be lit on fire), corrosive acid (damage over time) or even Inferno fuel (:supaburn:)

Oh yeah but to reload with plain old commonplace water and have that sort of effect, it takes some very specific conditions.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'd recommend sticking to the regular types of violence before starting the exotic types, the regular types are the regular types because they work fairly well.

On the other hand, going to hard for a humbling resulting in overextension and poor rolls leading to a humbling defeat would be thematic and entertaining.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The dive give and the dice take away.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It is ultimately reassuring that in fiction the SLDF was powered by the military version of the Carnot cycle, graft, war crime, incompetence and poor doctrine.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

To be honest, if you want your light mechs to survive it is good to significantly increase their Lorentz factor.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Mostly they are supposed to press really hard against where the blood should be pooling (Yes, it's extremely tight fitting pants that suck to put on.) in order to help it not pool, also the pilot is supposed to clench their lower body like their life depends on it, which it does, because it helps them not pass out. The clenching restricts the opportunity for blood to pool via compressing every free space available. I guess you could also include some sort of sector based variable compression in order to help force venous return.

Those suits would absolutely feel like hell but on the other hand they would keep you a little bit more alive than not.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Only in specific circumstances, with SPAs or scenario special rules to enable a bodyguard to mister president in some incredibly high born brat's attempt at grasping personal glory.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

She's just keeping in mind that she's in a simulator, although she's probably not enjoying herself much right now.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You'd think they'd learn to not do that again, whatever that was.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That is extremely unfair to both North Korea and the Ottoman Empire.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The Taurians can still win (on Taurian terms) if they destroy the bridge, find some civilians to war crime and set fire to an orphanage, place of worship, or hospital.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

[A]. Mech bay, heavies can do fun things like shoot stuff harder than mediums and lights can.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

glwgameplayer posted:

Just remember the difference between war crimes and wasting ammo.

If they are roleplaying as Taurians then wasting ammo means keeping it in the bin when there's warcrimes to be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

It is, and there is even a building facing it, but a frontal firing arc is still significant in battletech and if the plan is to back off and let the OPFOR move in in detail, it might be a net positive to remove it from the board entirely. Also, it might be a waste of time and heat and ammo.