Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Going with [b]A[/] here

Will enjoy watching! I don't remotely have a clue for how gameplay goes, so I'm going to be cheering you all bringing metal legions of death along!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Good luck team!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Consider hiring the pilot given he ejected! I mean, fresh meat, with the alternatives being leaving him on the battlefield to wander home (unlikely, given however many dozens or hundreds of kilometers it is), ransom him (even more unlikely, given if he's a pirate it doesn't involve a family of high worth ad the pirates aren't gonna wanna pay to get him back given they just lost a highly expensive Mech with him in it).

So can hire him, leave him and (likely) let him die from the elements, or just take him to the nearest port and set him lose/give him to the authorities.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
This is gonna be a rough one. Good luck!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Speaking as a watcher, the chances of taking the stinger down seem to be minimal. The pirate captain is going to have issues with morale for sending some of his troops to die/abandoning them.

For roleplay purposes, you're being paid to secure the field/drive the enemy off. Why go for extra unless you get a bonus?

Let the infantry surrender/pickup the abandoned vehicles/pilots, turn 'em over to your employers as prisoners/offer to hire any useful ones

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
To me (as watcher) chasing the Stinger for several rounds while unloading at it at long range with a low chance to hit seems repetitive and not necessarily fun when it's the only OpFor left.

Can justify it as having to mop up the surrendering troops/secure the battlefield and having a drone track it or some of the faster mechs keep pace with it from a long distance to see where it's going. But totally the call of the players!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Oof. Assaulting a dug in enemy position that has artillery support..

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Nice playing! ... Also if the enemy pilot survives, make sure to hire him! You really do want someone that stupid in your employ!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Nice shooting! And that means hopefully no more artillery su pport from the Dropship.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Chatter has convinced me to go for D

Just as a raid mission with limited repairs and supplies can go south way too easily. If a mech gets hit hard it's probably offline for a good while and if we run out of stuff, we're out.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Also the benefit of sims is that you get to use all the ubermechs that you'll never ever eve nbe able to afford the medical treatment for looking at the pricetag of them.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Epic! That's some of my fave writing from any BT action thread.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
If anyone goes to KO the a$$ with a DFA, they should totally yell Kool Aid Man style while they do so.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Love the vignettes! Great showcase into the characters.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Ultimately this (seems) like a win for Goon-Lance in getting most of their forces through to the primary objective and bypassing the defenders.

Thematically the trainees are doing a lot better and the mission is about helping them improve, so I'm also qualifying it as a moral victory!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Looking forwards to whatever the hideous garbage that we'll be getting for our random wheel o'mechs!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So can the irrepably damaged mechs at least be salvaged for some parts? Or could they be sold/bartered for something down the line? Or just worth it to have them as trophies in case someone makes an offer?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Liking how the meta-plot here is going. The trainees are doing better this mission - point is that this is training after all. They're doing better with tactics and coordination so it's one jump jet at a time.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Glorious explosion

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Also (in-universe) kudos to Etienne along the path of 'noble brat' to 'ow I suck I gotta get better'. For all his arrogance to start with kiddo is learning. Which is what our job is. Temper the locals and train them.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Like theParadigms option D

If that's not viable then B as with our luck it will take a random shot and blow up the first time we take it in the field.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So going for a fighting withdraw now? And any chance of seizing the mechs that were up for 'sale' or they going back to the established owners?

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Boat Stuck posted:

And Goonlance can still try to negotiate with the planetary authorities for salvage rights to pirate mechs, right?

Also (depending on the contract) could negotiate with the planetary authorities for increased compensation in return for not taking them/dropping any claim. Goodwill and extra resources are probably much more useful than some low end mechs which need a lot of work done.

Unless they're useful, no reason to not try and negotiate over them (if possible) to get something from our employers instead.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
So are the latest gruop of mechs powering up going to be not-friendly either?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Mangarrian posted:

Yep, but as glwgameplayer said they have to think about future, and and unlucky turn can cost a mech, or at least expensive parts to repair, that wont make up for 200.000 BC. And yes, I wouldn´t feel safe with unknown pirates in the planet, but some of the other lances can try to track them. That wouldn´t be the first battle against a dropship seen in this forum lately XD.

Yeah, 200K is not gonna break the bank. Also kinda doubt there'd be any salvage rights involved here given they're our employer's property (admittedly stolen mind). If a great opportunity comes up for a crossfire sure, but not worth exposing the lance for little gain and high risk.