Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Uh oh.

For someone who’s never played Battetech, can he wake up? Or is that just our side down one mech from incredibly bad luck knocking him on the head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Everyone skids out and falls over. The enemy ace explodes on its own, for no apparent reason. Yakity Sax begins playing over all comms channels.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

It feels like the pirates have very little chance of grabbing them with no boots in the ground, so I suppose their options are:

Call it a failed op and bail
Secure the site until another crew can arrive
Spite-level it after driving us off because if they can’t have it no one can

The latter two don’t bode well for our troops inside or safe retrieval of their captives, and I feel like the existence of Pirate Death Squad as a unit name kinda points in that direction. Better to try and get what’s left of the Phantoms onside to even the odds.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Bringing the infantry and beelining for the facility feels like that wasn’t their plan A but yeah, if they know or realize who he is they very well might start gunning for him.

e: I dearly hope we’ve taught him well enough he doesn’t start broadcasting “You face the noble heir ETIENNE DECIMIS” or some cover-blowing poo poo like that.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 22, 2024

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Scintilla posted:

Jenna felt her stomach twist as she watched the ejector seat smash itself into the ferrocrete roof. She had no sympathy for the woman herself, but it was still a sickening thing to watch.

:sbahj: that is a brutal loving detail

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Skull's just a little pulverized, she's still good, she's still good.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Is south the only retreat direction or is getting off the map on any side ok? And was Voyce on board the Prowler, or is he among the troops sheltering in the basement?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Huh. Considering every enemy remaining is either right on your tail or between you and the exit, feels like there's not gonna be a ton of daylight between "fighting retreat" and "clear the field". Good luck, Goon Lance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

Xarn posted:

The dice said no.

The dice said ONLY PUNCHING TODAY.