Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can you put me on the list as a potential future pilot? I've played a bit with the agoac box but don't get many chances to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The opfor has to be running away at this point no? They're down a mech, the wasp is a strong breeze away from CT destruction, the javelin is missing an arm. It's time to run for the drat hills against a mostly intact enemy lance.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tabletop seems like a lot of fun but I only have the agoac box and that's about as complicated as I can handle rn while everyone here wants to play a tournament with scenarios and picking lances off lists of like 50+ mechs :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

oh god i'm in a jenner and going to die.

I'd like to deploy to 0323 or 1823 facing up so i can start running around like an idiot if that's alright since most of us seem to be in run around and try backshot style mechs

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

overheat penalties happen at certain levels, starting at +5 heat end of turn

oh no if our enemies are also a light lance this could be a bunch of 4/5 idiots sprinting around missing all the time :v:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I am going to suicide in the highest BV mech we have. 4 ml into the back of a mech while infantry take us apart

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Depending how dangerously we want to live can the locusts walk straight forward and put fire on the unmoving galleon at 9+ to hit?

I think for t1 I'd like to run to 0720 facing up. If all woods are +1 mp I think I can make it there.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ok cool I didn't have my rulebook handy, thanks

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was thinking of rushing up the left side, try to get a little behind them. Don't know if it's better for the bigger mechs to clump in the middle and we send the LCTs flying on the flanks?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'll probably end up running to 0419 looking NE (9MP) or 0520 looking N(11MP). Have to look tomorrow but it'll depend if I think I can get shot at by anyone with a decent chance to hit. Either way turn 2 I can try to link up with the rest of the lance

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm running to 0518. The cicada might be able to shoot at me there, but not with great odds

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can't check again because I'm on my phone but I think the cicada was lvl 2 and I'll be lvl 1 so it can see me because I'll have empty space in front, but either way I don't think that ppc is making the shot

Now watch me get headshot critted

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Oh sorry, I've be running on the assumption the cicada will walk to 0709 or run to like 0810 or 0610 to start shooting at us.

Forgot we get a full round of move and shoot before they can move at all.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

are 0512 and 0514 both heavy woods? sorely tempted to sprint straight at the cicada and firing everything while inside minimum ppc range

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I can run to 0513 and fire 2 Mlas for 11+ to hit, but it'll be inside the range of the ppc and I think the machine guns will be 13+ to hit. It'll keep me at 0 heat to respond to whatever the cicada ends up doing. the stinger will be able to hit me on a 9 or 10, but that's only 1 shot

Space Kablooey posted:

I'm tempted to dump 3 lasers on the damaged GAL and the other laser in the other GAL. I think I can get a nice arc to both vehicle's sides.

I think you've got a good chance to finish off the damaged galleon. Your TMM will end up being high, but it can help even the numbers out

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Amechwarrior posted:

You should be able to end in 0512 heavy woods for 11MP. Can anyone double check the math?

This also forces the CDA to make turns to get around you if it chooses to push forward and denies it the heavy woods.

For Ruby Lance as a whole - We want to make the OPFOR waste MP on turning and terrain while we setup long sprint lines with occasional shorter runs for kill shots. They outnumber us and eventually the rare shots will start landing. We need to ball up and locally overpower a target and prevent that from happening to us. This is probably still going to be costly with the best of luck.

Don't think I can get there, I'm 2 to the bottom of the hill, 2 to get up (4 total), 2 to get down + 2 into heavy woods (8 total), 1 forward (9) and then it would cost 3 to move into the next set of heavy woods.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Captain Foo posted:

Option 1a: high kick
0913-0909,0909-0808,0808-0609 - 12MP, Run 7 (2 Level Change, 3 Facing Change); alpha strike CDA, kick CDA. not sure of the numbers on the kick, which could be very risky

Option 1b: close encounter
same as 1a without the kick

Option 2: partial cover
0913-0511,0511-0411,0411-0311,0311-0310 - 12MP, Run 7 (1 Level Change, 3 Facing Change, 1 Light Wood); alpha strike CDA

not quite, stalls out on 0310 (see option 2)

Kicking is -2 iirc? You'd be piloting -2, +3 from CDA movement, +2 from your run, so 8 to hit on the punch table?

Otherwise I think you could run to 0608 and dump short range mlas into what I think counts as back arc while getting partial cover from the stinger with a +2 TMM from 6 spaces moved

Alternatively, jump next to DFA the stinger and try to push it off the cliff :v:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Captain Foo posted:

locusts don't have jets :D

drat! Maybe a charge then :p

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tempted to turn around and blast light tank #2 this turn. We can stay away from the stinger pretty easily, but the commando not moving means it has pretty good shots over the whole valley with the LL

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I was thinking of running south west around the little hill and unloading on the tank there tbh. Will have to check what the to-hits would be but I'd have some cover from the CDA/COM.

Don't want to hang the locusts out to dry though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What I had in mind was a run to 0216, and turning to face NE. I can fire an alpha on the galleon on +9, take return fire from its mla on +10. I don't think the scorpion can hit me after moving at flank, and I think with intervening terrain I'm safe from everything else. This leaves me with 4 heat.

I could run to 0910, get +2 TMM, finish facing NE and fire on I think 9+ on the cicada, or 8+? on the commando. I'll be partial cover from the stinger and I think not torso-twistable return fire from the CDA. Would be very exposed to the tanks and able to get chunked by the commando's LL on a 7.

I really like running and trying to dump a bunch of relatively safe damage on the galleon even though it pulls away from the other mechs.

Can someone with the rulebook handy confirm if a shot from 0910 at the CDA would be back arc? It gets a lot more tempting to trade damage and expose myself to horrible return fire if it is.

Edit the more I'm looking at it I don't want to expose myself to a hail of fire at 0910 for a chance at the cicada's back. Would rather trade a real solid shot on the galleon from 0216 for a bit of damage, then move back towards the mechs after

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 17, 2023

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jenner can torso twist right?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah I'll take 0808 to join in and try to shoot the back out of the CDA. We can shoot through each other without risk right?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Edit: orders in, moving to 0808 and alpha striking the CDA

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 18, 2023

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I could jump to 0513 and fire at the galleon with 10+, with decent cover from incoming fire. Might be 11+ if LOS crosses both 0712/0713.

Wouldn't mind sinking some heat as I'm already at +4, but an alpha would take me to +9. Lose a movement and +1 fire on the next turn, so probably run away to cool off.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Are they better off hitting the rear? The side is marginally less armored though it's still 3mlas hits to kill. Maybe best to do whatever gets max TMM (that might be your move, haven't checked)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I would assume 1206 wouldn't because the infantry are too short, but a mech might be visible but I don't own infantry rules

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm not sure I can make it all the way to 1513, that's a hell of a distance to cover.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah I was thinking a jump to 1207 and fire two lasers then punch or kick if I'm going after the stinger. Doesn't do much for heat. Does jumping to heavy woods come with a pilot check?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ah I thought the stinger had run. Maybe the run to attack the galleon is a better option then. A jump to 1013 and firing one laser at the galleon would let me clear all my heat and running/shooting next turn full on

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah I wouldn't mind a move north in cover. I can get back to 0 heat then jump in and try to alpha strike something

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

going to jump to 0408 and face SE. there's a jump to 1205 but i think 0408 does a bit better for reducing where the stinger can go

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Locked in for 0408

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Everything I hear about house kurita sounds like a shitshow

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That flavour text :stonk:

The Prowlers mechanised units look to be in a good spot at least

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Not having done much in the way of calcs I'm thinking of running to the heavy woods at 0512(0513?) and alpha striking at the stinger. Everything else at a glance looks pretty exposed

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah I was thinking a run to 0906 and firing at the galleon or a jump to the woods at 0512 and firing on 9s at the stinger

I think 0906 leaves me taking 9+ from the galleon and 11+ from the stinger, relatively safe. I think I can turn to have my left side facing the galleon as well just to protect my already damaged right torso

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 24, 2023

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Orders in, going to 0909 looking NW, then torso twist to alpha the galleon

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

0906, using the partial cover and shooting at 0909, good catch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

narrow profile saving lives out here