Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024
Hello there!

In first place, I want to say thank you for Scintilla and PoptartsNinja, and the players of course, for discover to me MekHQ. I have been very busy lasts weeks reading thats posts.

I would like to ask you a question about mercenary campaign. The founds of "Sterling and Sable Company" are so low because you have bad luck with the payment of the contracts offered, or you made something to keep the gameplay hard?
Iīm playing my own game (in gamemaster mode, because I play with "home rules" to keep the improvement of the pilots and equipment slow, because in the contracts Iīve so many missions and I feel that the skills needs few XP for level up, or the nosense that babies with skills) and most of the time Iīm earning more than 1 million for payment and very low expenses. Donīt get me wrong, Iīm happy but Iīve the sensation that Iīm doing some mistakes here.

Best wishes, and excuse but my English (at least writing) is rusty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024
Thanks for your answer. I use my own rules to try to keep my unit as a small and slow growing (only can take the units destroyed for my own pilots, and only keep one for each succesful mission, only recruit green or ultra green people, only one pilot can train to pilot another model after each contract, etc). So after 4,5 years in game I will earn the second (and the third XD) heavies (and the initial is a Quickdraw).

Thanks again for all the work to master the game, and the the histories between turns and missions.

Best wishes.

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024

Volmarias posted:

We gave up the possibility that we might be allowed to get some salvage from the rifleman, key word might.

Being able to stick around to let the MPs get every person there, and not let the pirates run off with the maybe movable Mechs feels like a smarter decision, both for our employer and for ourselves.

Yeah, the contract stated 0 salvage rights. Donīt forget that the unit will have to new heavies in the end. And itīs good to have new friends here. Maybe in future they can team-up with the unit (or some of them would like to enter to the service of House Decimis too, only if "in the a possible future" the world sees "some action" XD).

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024

Gnoman posted:

Even if salvaging the Rifleman was on the table, a three-sided battle is likely to get you hurt badly. The extra damage might well outweigh any salvage.

I can confirm that. Iīm playing my own campaign and with between 10-12 (at least) battles for contract and I had "a bunch of times" lucky shoots in the gyro or the reactor of my team, and itīs expensive to repair.

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024
Ok, boys. Letīs try to go home all!

If the pirates donīt go out of the planet they can be dangerous with all of those mechs in the planet, with the possibility to take over the Silvers Ghostīs Rifleman.

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024

AJ_Impy posted:

:hmmyes:

They have five actives, all damaged. We still have the numbers. This is doable.

Yep, but as glwgameplayer said they have to think about future, and and unlucky turn can cost a mech, or at least expensive parts to repair, that wont make up for 200.000 BC. And yes, I wouldnīt feel safe with unknown pirates in the planet, but some of the other lances can try to track them. That wouldnīt be the first battle against a dropship seen in this forum lately XD.

Mangarrian fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 6, 2024

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024
Yesterday arrived my copy of the Book of House Arano and Iīve discovered that the character that my mind called "Lord Decimis" is "Lord Karosas", and "Lord Decimis has a portrait that seems a pilot XDDD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mangarrian
Mar 21, 2024
Bad luck for the Gladiator, but at least one step closer to the exit for the prowler.

Iīm curious for the AAR with the information and speculations about the true intentions for so dangerous pirates. I would expect that they try to steal the mechs and/or ask for a ransom for the buyers, but the damage is been hight for they too for "only money work".

But before that, we need you come back Goon squad.

Mangarrian fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 15, 2024