Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I was putting up a shelf today. I misplaced a screw. I found it. I don't think it matters though because that last screw was into plaster so it's not going to be doing much. It's okay though I'm pretty sure I hit a stud on the other two or maybe the lath. Which was expected. Level was like "that ain't level" and I was like yeah okay but if I get it level it won't look level. I don't think it was far off though and it's not like I'm putting my marbles there. Maybe my eggs but that shouldn't be a problem. Okay thanks for reading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
That was a wild ride, OP, thanks ofr sharing this

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
:five:

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I
Dropped the screeeeeeeew
In the TUNA!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I feel you Op. My house was built in about 1740 and there isn't a single truly square corner or wall.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

*rushes into thread, out of breath*

Your mom!

Thanks, I'll see myself out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Go screw yourself OP.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I store my marbles in the oven

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Duck and Cover posted:

Level was like "that ain't level" and I was like yeah okay but if I get it level it won't look level.
The eternal struggle between my girlfriend and I. She has never once agreed with a level. I don't know what to tell you lady, level your eyes or some poo poo.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

I was putting up a shelf today. I misplaced a screw. I found it. I don't think it matters though because that last screw was into plaster so it's not going to be doing much. It's okay though I'm pretty sure I hit a stud on the other two or maybe the lath. Which was expected. Level was like "that ain't level" and I was like yeah okay but if I get it level it won't look level. I don't think it was far off though and it's not like I'm putting my marbles there. Maybe my eggs but that shouldn't be a problem. Okay thanks for reading!

Did you buy your level from a discount store, the gently caress does that even mean

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
OP pretty sure they hit a stud. the next thread is my shelf fell down

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
That's what she said.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

you know what i'm starting to doubt that you did find the screw

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sounds like you... Screwed up

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Why not take a screw from the box of screws everyone has?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
*beeps stud finder over my own chest*

lucking foser
Jan 10, 2023
box nyaow is sometimes cruel and unjust

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I store my marbles in the oven

Ooooo nothin like some warm marbles to play marbles with! :kiddo:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Booty Pageant posted:

OP pretty sure they hit a stud. the next thread is my shelf fell down

I have plaster walls and it didn't sound like plaster. Stud finder says stud. Well it says bunch of red lights. Magnet found what I believe to be sets of screws. Felt like I drilled into something that wasn't plaster 2 out of 3 times. Twice. So yeah I've got this.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

You know looking at this shelf again, it doesn't look straight and level. How could this be? Hmmm guess I'll fix it.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 13, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What are you going to put on the shelf op?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

What are you going to put on the shelf op?

Probably VR controllers and other stuff that ends up on my desk that doesn't really need to be on the desk.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Grovershælf

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
The crows I feed left me a screw the other day. I wonder what they disassembled to get it.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

they should make walls out of all studs so you never have to use stude finder

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jelly posted:

The crows I feed left me a screw the other day. I wonder what they disassembled to get it.

The safety mechanism on the railways in Palestine Ohio?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
oh god what have i done

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sounds like op's got a screw loose :grin:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jelly posted:

They’ve started the trading process. Leave them some moss clumps or rubbish next time.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

sounds like op's got a screw loose :grin:

Yes the ones I screwed into plaster are pretty loose. Good job picking up on that.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
heard someone was looking for studs :biglips:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If this thread hits 5 I'll post sweet pictures. Don't you want to see those cool pictures? You'll get to see what shelf I am using. Is it mdf? Is it fancy wood? What species? Bubinga? Walnut? Maple with spalting? Ambrosia maple? Some sort of burl? Is it metal? Wired? Cool paint? Boring white/black/grey?

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 13, 2023

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
OP i'm relieved to learn that you can continue screwing

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
OP post the god drat screw

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://shelfology.com sells shelves. This shelf is not from them, but I might buy a shelf from them. Pricier than the shelves I bought but it comes in colors and is less deep than the shelf I bought.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Too good for Ikea, your lordship?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Too good for Ikea, your lordship?

Ikea sells something besides meatballs? Those are round and might fall off the shelf.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 13, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hey op I found the screw too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI19cWqsLhA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Duck and Cover posted:

https://shelfology.com sells shelves. This shelf is not from them, but I might buy a shelf from them. Pricier than the shelves I bought but it comes in colors and is less deep than the shelf I bought.

Lol