Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thinking to chat with a Shelf Geek about why this shelf is $700

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

https://shelfology.com sells shelves. This shelf is not from them, but I might buy a shelf from them. Pricier than the shelves I bought but it comes in colors and is less deep than the shelf I bought.

bro what the gently caress

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Thinking to chat with a Shelf Geek about why this shelf is $700

dude you need a Shelf Guy at ShelfSpot to hook you up

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

dude you need a Shelf Guy at ShelfSpot to hook you up

I’m on the horn with ShelfSpot as we speak

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i bought this shelf to display my ipad. why yes, it did cost as much as the ipad itself.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Buce posted:

i bought this shelf to display my ipad. why yes, it did cost as much as the ipad itself.

displaying my crapple product just to chase clout. fail.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

displaying my crapple product just to chase clout. fail.

Crapple Shelf will be revealed at the next keynote

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lol indeed. https://www.diycartel.com/products/industrial-forged-steel-linear-floating-shelf so 69 and 2" deeper (and you can support Jeff Bezos by using amazon) instead of 93+whatever shipping is. It feels like somebody must make it cheaper but I didn't find it besides one that uses thinner steel.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 14, 2023

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

instead of shelves, i just suspend objects around my house with powerful superconducting magnets. people say it's very chic, but my electric bill is tremendous and my head hurts all the time

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Buce posted:

instead of shelves, i just suspend objects around my house with powerful superconducting magnets. people say it's very chic, but my electric bill is tremendous and my head hurts all the time

I don't believe you.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
shelf deez nuts

(voted 5 op)

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

I don't believe you.

:smuggo:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
was hoping there'd be more to the story,op can you please lose the screw again to keep us engaged

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
shelving your anime figurines is serious money i hope u are ready for the investment OP

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Bunch of dipshits ITT think they can get a good shelf for under $1,000. The exact same dipshits that ruined the $200 pepper cannon thread with their knockoff dollar store crap. This forum is a joke.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My Funko POPs will rest on nothing less than the finest teak and strongest titanium that money can buy.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgqmdCCt1nU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Bunch of dipshits ITT think they can get a good shelf for under $1,000. The exact same dipshits that ruined the $200 pepper cannon thread with their knockoff dollar store crap. This forum is a joke.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Mahogany or nothing

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I use my gigantic belly as a shelf for my food and beer

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Gold plated diamond encrusted shelf to hold my collection of football plates

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The shelf has yet to fall, so we don't have to invade anyone. This is good news.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie
babe wake up, OP found the screw

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The heat is broken on the side my room is in. Probably unrelated to my shelf installation adventure. It's okay I have a heater going.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 15, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Good news the heat has been fixed, at least for now. This has happened before though, I suspect a replacement is in the future. Anyway the shelf is still up being a shelf. I know I know we all expected it to fail, me to fail, but here I am not failing.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 15, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

Good news the heat has been fixed, at least for now. This has happened before though, I suspect a replacement is in the future. Anyway the shelf is still up being a shelf. I know I know we all expected it to fail, me to fail, but here I am not failing.

My bad it was the other side that previously had issues and will be getting replaced. Sorry to let you all down, I try to be 100% accurate with my posts but sometimes mistakes slip through. Don't know what I was thinking.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I bet the screw doesn't even exist. D&C is a notorious bullshitter

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

forums user duck and cover is not to be trusted

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Buce posted:

forums user duck and cover is not to be trusted

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:capitalism:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Doesn't look level.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

A+ work OP

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bad shelf full of junk

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

NO!!!!!!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why is there a nail just hanging out of the wall

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just cluttered with useless cheap junk. I hate the shelf. Nice black hanging screws on a white shelf

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Buce posted:

NO!!!!!!!!

Are you reacting to the shelf or your new av?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lol you dumb dumbs. I can't believe you fell for that. You thought that was the shelf? No. This is the shelf.

If you look carefully you can see plaster I have yet to clean up. Maybe if you're extra nice I'll tell you which screw it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Are you reacting to the shelf or your new av?

YES