Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gas thread ban op until he proves he owns a pepper cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Smugworth posted:

Gas thread ban op until he proves he owns a pepper cannon

:haibrow:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

This isn't the thread for that but that reminds me I should post a picture. I'm lazy though.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Duck and Cover posted:

Lol you dumb dumbs. I can't believe you fell for that. You thought that was the shelf? No. This is the shelf.

If you look carefully you can see plaster I have yet to clean up. Maybe if you're extra nice I'll tell you which screw it was.

you'd probably lie and tell us the wrong screw anyway

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

haha still crooked do it again

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

I think it's upside down. Also crooked.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dumbest shelf I’ve ever seen. Looks like poo poo op. Lemme just bend some bend some heavy duty aluminum foil and screw it to the wall to hold my various lightweight trinkets.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Flora Finching posted:

I think it's upside down. Also crooked.

It can be installed either way I think I prefer it this way. Probably.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Dumbest shelf I’ve ever seen. Looks like poo poo op. Lemme just bend some bend some heavy duty aluminum foil and screw it to the wall to hold my various lightweight trinkets.

quote:

These heavy-duty linear floating shelves are crafted in the USA from premium quality raw metal and support over 60 pounds when mounted into a stud. As seen in Le Labo stores worldwide, our forged steel floating shelf will complement any décor.

Well well well look who looks foolish now. It's you. YOU DUMB gently caress TROLL GET THE gently caress OUT OF HERE.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hey duck and cover. what the gently caress?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Buce posted:

hey duck and cover. what the gently caress?

The world of shelfs is an emotional one, why don't you understand this?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Duck and Cover posted:

Well well well look who looks foolish now. It's you. YOU DUMB gently caress TROLL GET THE gently caress OUT OF HERE.

Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh. I just think it looks tacky :shrug:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Why would you mount them upside down like that? And in that spot too? Wtf

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Show the funkos op

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Op is a fraud
I reverse image searched the shelf photos and ended up on some website from the Netherlands

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Smugworth posted:

Op is a fraud
I reverse image searched the shelf photos and ended up on some website from the Netherlands

:ohdear:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The favella look is in

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Oh, these shelves? Sheet metal from the junkyard, 3 bucks.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Duck and Cover posted:

Lol you dumb dumbs. I can't believe you fell for that. You thought that was the shelf? No. This is the shelf.

If you look carefully you can see plaster I have yet to clean up. Maybe if you're extra nice I'll tell you which screw it was.

Looks like poo poo. Also what's going on in the top right?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Looks like poo poo. Also what's going on in the top right?

Yes I'm going to trust a dinosaur for knowing what shelfs look good! YOU LOOK LIKE poo poo! Moisturize. Nanoleaf lights.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 16, 2023

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

This thread is rife with bad shelves and bad faith.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

This thread is rife with bad shelves and bad faith.

THAT'S WHAT YOUR MOM IS CALLED WHILE WORKING! LOL!!!!11!!!!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

THAT'S WHAT YOUR MOM IS CALLED WHILE WORKING! LOL!!!!11!!!!!

Lets see the pepper cannon
Mods?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
how much stuff can you put on that bad boy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gnome de plume posted:

how much stuff can you put on that bad boy

One (1) pepper cannon

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A housemate spent three weeks doing engine work on his truck and misplaced a tiny screw. It was hiding in one of the cylinders. :piss::

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

One (1) pepper cannon

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

:<

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Duck and Cover posted:

Might wanna get a level on there haus.

And maybe center it so it isn't drilled into the trim......

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lookin good op

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Hell, no better or worse than any other thread in the goldmine

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
Goldmine this oval office of a thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

putin is a oval office posted:

Goldmine this oval office of a thread.

What's that? Beecock this thread??? Okay well if you insist

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:goofy:

Pretty bad attempt at photoshopping an authentic pepper cannon on someone else's shelf

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Wtf is a pepper cannon?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Outrail posted:

Wtf is a pepper cannon?

Don't ask op, he wouldn't know

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hi and welcome! That's a pretty good first shelf OP, have you got any mods lined up? I usually tell newer shelfers to go ahead and budget for some leather washers and shims, something in the 1.2 mm range. Other old heads in the shelfer community might tell you nylon or even rubber will work just fine, but you're just gonna have to replace them in 10-12 years, so might as well buy once cry once. Oh and throw out whatever level you have and get a 2nd gen Kreg 100mm level, anything shorter will give you about as much precision as a one eyed dog in a dark room.
You'll want to go read Shelf_Guy1's great faq thread over in the General Stuff section, it'll line you out on all the right fasteners and brackets.
Post up some pictures of your STAs (Shelf top arrangements) in the What Did You Put On Your Shelf Today thread and just have a good time!
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Do not install any shelf mods that loving shelfhead punk recommends. It'll crash your shelf and take the wall with it. 0/5 stars

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Smugworth posted:

:goofy:

Pretty bad attempt at photoshopping an authentic pepper cannon on someone else's shelf

Look at boomer here thinking people use Photoshop instead of using Stable Diffusion.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 17, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Colonel Cancer posted:

Do not install any shelf mods that loving shelfhead punk recommends. It'll crash your shelf and take the wall with it. 0/5 stars

You've been warned about this kind of behavior before and I expect the mods will give you some mandatory time off if you keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

If your shelves aren't load-bearing are they really shelves? :crossarms: