Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

drat this is going to be the craziest cow level yet huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hashy posted:

I don't think you're reading me here. I'm saying if you never fear dying you're not engaging with the combat design. If you wipe out a boss in 4 seconds, because you've played an ARPG before and the health values are designed for people who dont, you haven't done the boss.

Tier 2 enemies literally have better AI in this and fight you in more interesting ways.

Content creators have a brain disease on top of the pressure to be the first to end game to release the videos that go big

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

my brain disease is i have fun killing stuff quickly and smoothly

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hashy posted:

Don't do this. One of the cooler things about d4s combat design is how you interact with enemies and attacks and easy mode won't ask for that at all. You won't want to equip a defensive skill. Its for the lowest common denominator player and in a blizzard game that's rock bottom

You're talking about maybe a 15% faster levelling experience in exchange for having way less fun

Guy hits his defensives. Good job.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 1, 2023

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Just about exactly the opposite of what I said

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
theres 100% a cow level imo

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Jaytan posted:

Just remember to order 4 sandwiches on 4 separate orders through the colonel's own Kentucky Fried Chicken app so you can unlock that tendie fork.

I will be doing the first part and not the second because I have loving principles, goon.

Also, I know y'all were waiting so it's time.

I have declared this thread good now.

Carry on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

OctaMurk posted:

theres 100% a cow level imo

A part of me wants it to be really difficult to find and take years before people discover how to unlock it.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I said come in! posted:

A part of me wants it to be really difficult to find and take years before people discover how to unlock it.

You can only access the cow level with the $50 Tristram DLC.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Astryl posted:

You can only access the cow level with the $50 Tristram DLC.

as a tier 20 reward during your ten day Tristram diablopass window.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
If there is no Cow level, gently caress you Blizzard

If there is a Chicken level, ok we good

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Lily let me play

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Lily let me play

Just run the executable, you can boot into the game now.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

If there is no Cow level, gently caress you Blizzard

If there is a Chicken level, ok we good

fr they should have demanded more millions to put in a chicken level

Necro running around with undead chicken minions

giant chicken mount

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Diablo Character Feet Tier list

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Hashy posted:

Tier 2 enemies literally have better AI in this and fight you in more interesting ways.

I remember people swearing up and down on reddit that this was true in Anthem and I'll never believe it again

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Good Citizen posted:

Yeah, basically. There are no item drop bonuses for WT2 and the increased gold/xp is more than offset by the increased enemy HP in most all cases.

Really good sign from the design team that they made a whole tier that's entirely useless to have. These people sure know what they're doing!

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

No.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Anything with hooves. :3

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

WarEternal posted:

Really good sign from the design team that they made a whole tier that's entirely useless to have. These people sure know what they're doing!

Almost all difficulties below torment in D3 were also useless.

It's easy enough to fix. Make it a tiny bit harder, give it a little drop rate boost, problem solved.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Fate Accomplice posted:

I remember people swearing up and down on reddit that this was true in Anthem and I'll never believe it again
AI is a heavy term these days so I'll rephrase

They have the designed behaviour trees and movesets and not ones stripped down for accessibility

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Amazing feet scene in the opening CGI

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Diablo 3 Diablo S+ tier

That priestess of Inarius in hell: F-- tier

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
how do you beat Darth Jefferson?
im getting his first phase but then he resets behind the mason dixon and im out of mana pots by then, playing as a doubleclass down barb/piru

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hashy posted:

This doesn’t seem right

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Tiny Timbs posted:

This doesn’t seem right

probably seems like that by virtue of the enemy existing for more than half a second

Zotix posted:

Just run the executable, you can boot into the game now.

you just have to run as administrator to let the game know you are authorised

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/Trolli_USA/status/1664074301828481024?t=wZL_Xyonm9YOY60WYKlMHg&s=19

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

probably seems like that by virtue of the enemy existing for more than half a second

during the development of Halo, they "improved" the ai by just giving the enemies more health so they had time to actually showcase their programmed behaviors instead of being rapidly evaporated by the player

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lol the marketing for this game is so ... Weird

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

External Organs posted:

I think they've been doing a really good job, but praising marketing blizzard and capitalism in one breath is :sweatdrop:

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
I tried both World Tier 1 and World Tier 2, and I found WT2 to be more fun on a moment-to-moment gameplay basis. So that’s what I’ll be playing. More fun > less fun. The fact that it takes a bit longer to complete is not a bad thing in this circumstance.

If you had the choice to watch one of two TV show seasons, wouldn’t it boil down to which you enjoy watching more? Would it matter if one was 10 episodes and the other 12 episodes?

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

if i don't get hats i don't give a gently caress

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Magitek posted:

I tried both World Tier 1 and World Tier 2, and I found WT2 to be more fun on a moment-to-moment gameplay basis. So that’s what I’ll be playing. More fun > less fun. The fact that it takes a bit longer to complete is not a bad thing in this circumstance.

If you had the choice to watch one of two TV show seasons, wouldn’t it boil down to which you enjoy watching more? Would it matter if one was 10 episodes and the other 12 episodes?

If I am working on a per minute basis, with an average ratio of enjoyment of 1:1.3 per second on each episode...

(yes this is the meta)

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

This doesn’t seem right

It says it on the freakin in game select screen

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Magitek posted:

Yeah the journey is cool and all, but what about folks who are only watching the show to get their Netflix login inscribed on Reed Hastings’ toilet? I think you gotta go for the tenner in that case.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

I'm here to farm uniques and beat up hell bovines and I'm all out of bovines. :clint:

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Magitek posted:

i optimize my time by just reading the wikipedia summary of the tv show season so i dont have to watch it

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
Paying extra for a 4 day head start and then playing on easy mode because it lets you finish the game faster has to be some sort of disorder.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

External Organs posted:

Not as bad as when a Star Wars movie comes out, but yeah this is up there regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

"Nobody will believe me, but there really isn't a cow level this time. Sorry, had to stay grounded and no silly stuff in D4."
Dumb if true!

There's always room for silly stuff.