Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
There’s definitely a cow level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

an iksar marauder posted:

Paying extra for a 4 day head start and then playing on easy mode because it lets you finish the game faster has to be some sort of disorder.

I think it's worse to pay for the head start, only to shelve the character in 7/8 weeks when season 1 starts.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Lister posted:

I think it's worse to pay for the head start, only to shelve the character in 7/8 weeks when season 1 starts.

Just make a new character it’s not that hard they have a button for it and everything???

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lister posted:

This is what online action RPGs are like, making new characters every few months is the whole point. And you absolutely don't have to do this, but you're missing out.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
If you Tweet a video of yourself doing the Tide Pod challenge, Blizzard will give you a fabric softened chain mail cosmetic. Limited to the first 500 entries only. It's very exclusive so you better hurry.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
gonna end my time with Diablo 4 when I achieve the dream of having eight perfect necromancers

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

an iksar marauder posted:

Paying extra for a 4 day head start and then playing on easy mode because it lets you finish the game faster has to be some sort of disorder.

i buy pop tarts to get the xp codes so i can play the game less

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
They did a live launch event in LA with some actors doing a back and forth with Lillith hanging from the ceiling and talking smack to the angel. Then a DJ came out (Zedd). This one guy on twitch is there and streaming it.

https://twitch.tv/digitalcursive

e*

https://twitter.com/echohack

odinson fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 1, 2023

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I remember WoW used to get weird over-engineered alliance/horde burgers made I wouldn't want to eat.

Games never seem to want me to enjoy a nice meatball sub or something, whats up with that?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Caidin posted:

I remember WoW used to get weird over-engineered alliance/horde burgers made I wouldn't want to eat.

Games never seem to want me to enjoy a nice meatball sub or something, whats up with that?

I mean, the KFC promo is just their regular chicken sandwich. It's not even the double down.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

External Organs posted:

Lol the marketing for this game is so ... Weird

It’s basically CoD marketing but applied to Diablo lol

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

you just have to run as administrator to let the game know you are authorised

I think that only works if you kept your beta files, a new install just throws you back to Bnet launcher regardless of how it's run.
Also hello new phone wallpaper:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I think that only works if you kept your beta files, a new install just throws you back to Bnet launcher regardless of how it's run.
Also hello new phone wallpaper:

bat wings if u know what im saying

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

thats not candy posted:

these lore videos owned and they presented the lovely d3 story pretty well all things considering

didn't mention chad kulle at all though
He gets mentioned regarding the black soulstone @ 3m39s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjgmaNRDHo&t=219s

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Rod Ferguson did a pre-release interview.

Thanks for summarizing this. Really good info here.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

leftist heap posted:

It’s basically CoD marketing but applied to Diablo lol

I saw a comment in one of the press reviews that the marketing push for Diablo feels like Blizzard views this as their last chance to score a W that they haven’t in 10 years and you know what? I think he was right.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

If you are unsure what class to play, this might help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7B2UW7i8o

This is the best "what class do I play?" video

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

quote:

The team has no idea how long it’ll take for 1,000 people to reach hardcore level 100. He thinks people are underestimating the difficulty. Reiterated that people who participated in the review build cannot participate in the hardcore race.

Bold part is interesting for me.... I think Wudi played the review build.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
When are we gonna get to the Diablo factory!!!!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Hashy posted:

Don't do this. One of the cooler things about d4s combat design is how you interact with enemies and attacks and easy mode won't ask for that at all. You won't want to equip a defensive skill. Its for the lowest common denominator player and in a blizzard game that's rock bottom

You're talking about maybe a 15% faster levelling experience in exchange for having way less fun

gamers will choose 15% faster leveling over 20 hours of more interesting gameplay, like, 98% of the time lol

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Leveling faster on T1 gets you to T3 faster which is even more challenging than T2, so T2 is actually for babies who are afraid of real difficulty

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Caidin posted:

Burgers in general seem to be this dumb market where good is not good enough and you either need to be weird, challenge eating, or both. That's the kind of XXXTREME marketing you want to go for. I have a whole rant about not being able to buy a goddamn normal cheeseburger where I live but have access to multiple foot-tall inedible bacon-cheese-egg-pineapple-misc monstrosities.

The KFC promotion just being a bog-standard chicken sandwich is actually surprising. Like I'd expect The Devil's Quadruple Down with Lilith's Fires of Hell Sauce or something equally colon-destroying.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Aexo posted:

The gamer cred for famously doing it first/early is far more valuable than being one of a thousand inscribed on a statue basically no one will ever see in person.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Aexo posted:

He said he will still try to get world first HC.

Makes sense since you don't need your name in the Blizzard HQ to put that on your stream title.

E: f;b.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Thanks, everyone!

If anyone else wants a Guild invite right when early access launches and wants to assist with invites, then please let me know and post your battle tag here!

So far, the list for people to whisper for guild invites on early access are:

Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699

I'll be sending invites to them as soon as I log on and I expect to be on at launch. So, any of those options should be good for invites to the Goon Guild on early access launch day.

Excited to see some goons and stomp some demons.

If anyone else is going to be on right at launch and wants to form a party for the bonus xp, then let me know too! Might just organize it in Guild chat based on whoever is on.

Just a little over 24 hours left!

Blaquetooth#1981

I can click buttons, and living in Australia can help out the moon time goons.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

He also knows he'll get beaten by group players, he just wants to be the first *solo* 100

https://youtu.be/BIYrC5e9eg4

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Thanks, everyone!

If anyone else wants a Guild invite right when early access launches and wants to assist with invites, then please let me know and post your battle tag here!

Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699

I'll be sending invites to them as soon as I log on and I expect to be on at launch. So, any of those options should be good for invites to the Goon Guild on early access launch day.

If anyone else is going to be on right at launch and wants to form a party for the bonus xp, then let me know too! Might just organize it in Guild chat based on whoever is on.

Sign me up please!
greazeball #2731
Eurotime

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Thanks, everyone!

Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699

Orcwarrior#11296

hook me upp

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Thanks, everyone!

Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699

Are guilds cross-platform? I'm assuming yes, it's not 2018!

atomicpile
Nov 7, 2009

Thanks, everyone!

Solomon#1509
Robomonke#1881
stringless#11492
iii#12957
Delpino#1188
Sulal#1715
Mojo#21911
juicydump#1937
Waroduce#1699

What’s the max number of members in a guild?

Either way I’d love an invite if possible.
AtomicPile#1702

Selane
May 19, 2006

Selane#1988

I'll help

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I hope you crazy kids have fun today, I'll old my way into things on Tuesday. :tipshat:

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
When in doubt, let the Great Wheel pick your class for you

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Thanks for the summary, 2 hours is entirely too much podcast even at double speed.

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

If there is no Cow level, gently caress you Blizzard

If there is a Chicken level, ok we good

D1 didn't have a cow level because they hadn't thought of it. D2 had a cow level because everybody joked about clicking on the cows in D1. D3 didn't have a cow level but rather a "cow level" that was full of rainbow vomit unicorns and off brand carebears to mock the "it's too colorful!" crowd; then it also had two different cow levels because they felt like it.

D4 must innovate. To achieve maximum social media engagement grassroots buzzword advertising campaign there will be no secret level. There will however be a drip feed of hidden ARG-style clues in each patch to keep the gullible masses searching for the next decade.

Can I literally bring them into the game with a potion transmog so my character eats them?

https://twitter.com/Trolli_USA/status/1664075807440924672

Oh... then kindly gently caress OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
After tax it's almost $100 to play early with digital deluxe

I played on world tier 2 on the first beta and didn't die once on any of my characters, I crave death except I'm a sicko that will probably occasionally run a hardcore character.

Crosses fingers that the servers don't poo poo themselves all weekend.

I hope the game gets hard at some point because after trying some op stuff in the beta I was intentionally making the worst characters I could to have a sense of challenge.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
The worst kind of crass consumerism. The kind we can't consume.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I'm preparian to Barbarian.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I'm in the mood... to druid

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

greazeball posted:

I'm in the mood... to druid
:emptyquote:

Adbot