Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Genesplicer posted:

Johnny Quest was amazing. When I was a kid, anyway.

Probably horrible now.

Jonny Quest (both the OG version and real adventures) were among my favorite shows. They still do hold up fairly well even today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

X JAKK posted:

The big dog's name is Jonathan.

Along with Swat Kats, it was the very first Cartoon Network original series.

Swat Kats was actually a based show and died too soon :eng99:
e: at least Centurions still got several seasons before it too had to be canceled

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
anime

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
anime

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Anime.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
SpongeBob is both old and new

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It’s the new The Simpsons. It’ll never die

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hey gang. Do you want to know a secret?

All the cartoons you enjoyed as a child are poo poo. They're all poo poo. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself 'this one is legit good' it's not. It's awful. All of them.

Next you'll tell me that Dance Dance Revolution isn't actually dancing!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

prayer group posted:

oh hey OP aren't you the guy who buys ugly banner ads for your youtube channel no one watches where you play lovely old cartoons and yell about them like it's still 2003 and you're trying out for Channel Awesome

yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXytXMamyFo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
anime

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eek the Cat was great, one of the few cartoons that held its quality for a bit when they ran out of original ideas and pivoted to movie parodies. Still declined toward the end but what show doesn't?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

ew

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

super sweet best pal posted:

Eek the Cat was great, one of the few cartoons that held its quality for a bit when they ran out of original ideas and pivoted to movie parodies. Still declined toward the end but what show doesn't?
It also gave us the awesome Terrible Thunderlizards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wfuz7FfM-I

Then it had the much less awesome thing that was a pile of dirty clothes that came to life I think?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hey gang. Do you want to know a secret?

All the cartoons you enjoyed as a child are poo poo. They're all poo poo. No matter how hard you try to convince yourself 'this one is legit good' it's not. It's awful. All of them.

people get real mad when you point this out about transformers beast wars

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

gently caress YEAH ANIME! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klFVxGAacz0

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I fondly remember the following:

Batman the Animated Series
Swat Katz
X-Men
Power Rangers
Johnny Quest
Doug
G-Force
Rugrats
2 Stupid Dogs
Johnny Bravo

I know that most of them are terrible. But I don’t really care.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSsEgQrjVFA

Ballin loving ballads

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

anyone who non-ironically likes Hanna Barbera should be locked up

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just learned that Steve Urkel voiced Sonic the Hedgehog in the 90s cartoon and I don't know what is real anymore.

I am a 90s kid, I am supposed to know very important facts like this. The world is supposed to tell me these things and it failed its fundamental and essential responsibility to do so.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

anyone who non-ironically likes Hanna Barbera should be locked up

Doin’ time for the Wacky Races and Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Genesplicer posted:

Johnny Quest was amazing. When I was a kid, anyway.

Probably horrible now.

The only good Johnny Quest villain was Ezekiel Rage.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/389846608550035456/1075260352020893767/6hGM5KBR86xfgEVw.mp4

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

super sweet best pal posted:

UPN was the bottom of the barrel.

The 1994 Mega Man cartoon was extremely awesome and I won't hear otherwise. :colbert:

It also got pretty good ratings for it's timeslot, so of course Capcom pulled the plug on it after 26 episodes because Capcom.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bdHBoG2bLY

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

X JAKK posted:

Then it had the much less awesome thing that was a pile of dirty clothes that came to life I think?

totally forgot about this. clutter, or probably klutter with a k since it was the 90s

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

remember when the anouncer people pronounced UPN as "oopin"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

stoop kid stoop kid

SA-Anon
Sep 15, 2019

Modulo16 posted:

I fondly remember the following:

Batman the Animated Series
Swat Katz
X-Men
Power Rangers
Johnny Quest
Doug
G-Force
Rugrats
2 Stupid Dogs
Johnny Bravo

I know that most of them are terrible. But I don’t really care.

Batman TAS was really..... something special.

The animation, the acting, the music.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If you think the cartoons aged badly you should see the live action ones.

Nitnen
Jul 29, 2011
The Bruce Willis cartoon looks like if johnny bravo was a codename kids next door character

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Sup thread?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Johnny Bravo would definitely have a huge social media following nowadays. A really successful youtube channel, podcast and instagram with workout tips and generally harmful life advice for vulnerable young men.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Realtalk though, this cartoon taught a very young me that living things would die if you stabbed them wth a sword:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hanna Barbera owns its so much dogshit that's all rear end

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

COPS sucks poo poo in retrospect because it's garbage copaganda, but OTOH how do you argue with this intro!/outro combo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZEZLnqKGWg

Plus it allowed women and minorities to be total badasses, and that counts for something.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I loved this show when it was airing, but it must be some of the most trapped in the 90s media to ever exist.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Caesar Saladin posted:

Johnny Bravo would definitely have a huge social media following nowadays. A really successful youtube channel, podcast and instagram with workout tips and generally harmful life advice for vulnerable young men.

I see this take a lot and I wonder if I'm misremembering Johnny Bravo? I recall Johnny's toxic masculinity being the constant source of his problems and the butt of most the jokes. Like, the core premise of the show is this Chad can't get a girlfriend because women want nothing to do with a dumb, self-absorbed rear end in a top hat. His only friends are a little girl who's way more competent than him, a nerd who's got a crush on him, and his mom, who he lives with. All the prospective hotties turned out to be hyper-competent, talented women with their own interests and standards that Johnny never met since his only virtue was having vanity muscles. Children could kick his rear end, and often did.

Johnny Bravo was way ahead of its time, if anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I see this take a lot and I wonder if I'm misremembering Johnny Bravo? I recall Johnny's toxic masculinity being the constant source of his problems and the butt of most the jokes. Like, the core premise of the show is this Chad can't get a girlfriend because women want nothing to do with a dumb, self-absorbed rear end in a top hat. His only friends are a little girl who's way more competent than him, a nerd who's got a crush on him, and his mom, who he lives with. All the prospective hotties turned out to be hyper-competent, talented women with their own interests and standards that Johnny never met since his only virtue was having vanity muscles. Children could kick his rear end, and often did.

Johnny Bravo was way ahead of its time, if anything.

It was definitely tongue in cheek, he was supposed to be a gigantic doofus