Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Casimir Radon posted:

Yeah, I’ve never heard anything about Foster having lovely politics. Disney trying to gently caress him out of the royalties on the ANH novelization, and Splinter of the Mind’s Eye was bad and he wasn’t in the wrong for suing. I can’t imagine they sell that many copies of the latter nowadays, but they still printing it with a “Legends” banner on the cover. So he should be getting paid for it.

Next you're going to tell me that the Richard Gere and the gerbil thing that I heard back in the late 80s wasn't true!!!

But also, Alan Dean Foster is an old white dude. Odds are he's not a progressive bastion. Who gives a poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

But also, Alan Dean Foster is an old white dude. Odds are he's not a progressive bastion. Who gives a poo poo?
Old Sci-fi author from the 70s? Could be slightly ahead of the curve in terms of politics, or about the same as everyone else back then. Though just as likely to be a complete whackjob with some very strong opinions about age of consent laws.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Owen Wilson is in the news for turning down a multi million dollar payday to be in a movie saying that OJ wasn't the killer. Details are light but I'm assuming it will be based on the debunked theory that a serial killer was responsible.

Tarantino's at it again?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Me, the person asking about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He’s got chud butt

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Owen Wilson is in the news for turning down a multi million dollar payday to be in a movie saying that OJ wasn't the killer. Details are light but I'm assuming it will be based on the debunked theory that a serial killer was responsible.

Twist, the serial killer is OJ

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The Sorkin his own dick will continue until morale improves

quote:

Aaron Sorkin Is Writing a January 6 Movie, Blames Facebook for U.S. Capitol Attack

Aaron Sorkin is in the midst of writing a movie about the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol – and how Facebook is to blame. The Oscar-winning “The Social Network” writer broke the news while on The Ringer’s podcast, “The Town with Matthew Belloni.”

“I’ll be writing about this. I blame Facebook for January 6,” Sorkin said on the podcast, noting that he is “trying” to get this movie made. The screenwriter blamed Facebook algorithm for the increasingly more hostile political climate in the United States.

“Facebook has been, among other things, tuning its algorithm and tuning its algorithm to promote the most divisive material possible because that is what will increase engagement, that is what will get you to — as they call it inside the hallways of Facebook — the infinite scroll,” Sorkin said.

“But who’s responsibility is that?” Belloni asked.

“Mark Zuckerberg,” Sorkin shot back without missing a beat.

https://www.thewrap.com/aaron-sorkin-jan-6-facebook-movie/

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
lmbo

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Dude just won't forgive being pressured for a hot minute to apologize to Zuckerburg after The Social Network.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
blame the billionaires for all of societies issues because they are the cause but maybe also hold the guy who poo poo in the capital rotunda responsible for his own actions too

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Does Aaron Sorkin explode like the bus in Speed if he doesn't whitesplain often enough?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hmm maybe the guy with the cult of personality is responsible

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Professor Shark posted:

Hmm maybe the guy with the cult of personality is responsible

That would mean acknowledging he was wrong about who the worst generation was

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1784011656600666489

Just write it off for tax stuff already. No one wants these Spidermanless Spiderman films.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love that you can still buy these.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

For the low price of 269.99

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
poo poo, man, if they wanted to make a good Jurassic World movie they should have just gone whole-hog in on the kind of poo poo they had in those toys in '93. Do a movie where Jeff Goldblum or whoever has to track down or escape from dinosaurs with a loving glider jetpack. Have the big shoulder-mounted cattle prods. Drive the absurd trucks and jeeps with monster-truck tires. You're making a Jurassic Park sequel 20 years after the fact, don't act like you're above dumb crap!

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

High Warlord Zog posted:

Just write it off for tax stuff already. No one wants these Spidermanless Spiderman films.

I want more Venoms

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

poo poo, man, if they wanted to make a good Jurassic World movie they should have just gone whole-hog in on the kind of poo poo they had in those toys in '93. Do a movie where Jeff Goldblum or whoever has to track down or escape from dinosaurs with a loving glider jetpack. Have the big shoulder-mounted cattle prods. Drive the absurd trucks and jeeps with monster-truck tires. You're making a Jurassic Park sequel 20 years after the fact, don't act like you're above dumb crap!

The thing is that the JW movies keep gesturing towards this stuff, but then never deliver any cool visuals to go with the bugnuts ideas hanging around the margins of their stories. Vincent D'onofrio's character has his weird scheme to replace human soldiers with Velociraptors. There's a human/dino hybrid. InGen, or whatever the company is called now, starts manufacturing giant insects. But the movies never have the decency to give us a raptor with a machine gun fighting a bus sized praying mantis or whatever.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

For the low price of 269.99

That's $50 in Yankee money.

Admittedly that's still too pricey for nostalgia since for that price I can buy a T-rex that is also Megatron.

Props to the Jurasic Park/World toyline for wanting to make a toy for every extinct reptile ever though.

Pretty sure Stegouros was just described a couple of years ago. That's fast. (FYI Poposaurus and Kaprosuchus are not dinosaurs, they're crocodilians)

Edit:
Who wants a "bureaucrat imperialist in a suit" toy for 70% off?

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Apr 27, 2024

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That actually does look a lot like the actor which those toys rarely do

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

High Warlord Zog posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1784011656600666489

The studio realizing that it's too much like Morbius without understanding why it's like Morbius and scrambling to have enough of it reshot to make it not like Morbius so people will love it.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

The studio realizing that it's too much like Morbius without understanding why it's like Morbius and scrambling to have enough of it reshot to make it not like Morbius so people will love it.

And betting that audiences aren't going to show up for Gladiator 2 (which considering how every other recent Ridley movie has performed, isn't unreasonalble) which comes out two weeks earlier and if it's anything like the first one will probably have an elaborate bit where tough guy warrior barbarian type dudes fight some lions and tigers.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I’m going to start a charity to bring back 80s cocaine to Hollywood.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

High Warlord Zog posted:

And betting that audiences aren't going to show up for Gladiator 2 (which considering how every other recent Ridley movie has performed, isn't unreasonalble) which comes out two weeks earlier and if it's anything like the first one will probably have an elaborate bit where tough guy warrior barbarian type dudes fight some lions and tigers.

It better

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Monica Bellucci posted:

Does Aaron Sorkin explode like the bus in Speed if he doesn't whitesplain often enough?

Reminder they seriously discuss whether it's worth giving AIDS medicine to Africans because they as we all know they don't have clocks and have no concept of time

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminder they seriously discuss whether it's worth giving AIDS medicine to Africans because they as we all know they don't have clocks and have no concept of time

In Speed?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

speed 2

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

High Warlord Zog posted:

The thing is that the JW movies keep gesturing towards this stuff, but then never deliver any cool visuals to go with the bugnuts ideas hanging around the margins of their stories. Vincent D'onofrio's character has his weird scheme to replace human soldiers with Velociraptors. There's a human/dino hybrid. InGen, or whatever the company is called now, starts manufacturing giant insects. But the movies never have the decency to give us a raptor with a machine gun fighting a bus sized praying mantis or whatever.

There was that John Sayles script for JP4 that had raptors or human/dino hybrids or whatever wielding guns as elite soldiers, but instead we got Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard for three movies. :effort:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

That actually does look a lot like the actor which those toys rarely do

Hasbro has a face scanning tech they use for recent MCU and live action Star Wars toys. It's why we finally have a Werner Herzog action figure.

Grendels Dad posted:

Sony ahould really ask why Venom is so successful and their other non-Spider-Man Spider-Man are not.

Hint: Tom Hardy is so freaking good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently Boy Kills World added in all the Jon Benjamin voice over in post, which doesn't seem like the move of a film that is any good.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Apparently Boy Kills World added in all the Jon Benjamin voice over in post, which doesn't seem like the move of a film that is any good.

They swapped it with Skarsgard doing the voiceover himself, so I dunno it doesn't seem that out there.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I love that you can still buy these.

hell yeah

Tars Tarkas posted:

The Sorkin his own dick will continue until morale improves

https://www.thewrap.com/aaron-sorkin-jan-6-facebook-movie/

:barf:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

As opposed to what, him standing on the side of the stage and yelling out his lines?

I saw the movie last week, aside from some overly erratic camera work it was fine.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Cacator posted:

As opposed to what, him standing on the side of the stage and yelling out his lines?

Open Source Idiom posted:

They swapped it with Skarsgard doing the voiceover himself, so I dunno it doesn't seem that out there.

-__-

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I thought the whole conceit of it was that it was his inner monologue, but he imagined himself having a cool bombastic videogame announcer voice to hype himself up, so it kinda makes sense to have Skarsgard do his version, then have Benjamin do a sorta hammy impression of it for the actual movie

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBS615RKj8

Saw this trailer in the cinema, very hyped just on the vibes

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah that has a good quality vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I really thought Boy Kills World had to be an adaptation of a beat em up arcade game for a while. It just has that vibe.