Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Baronash posted:

I think they were just talking about spacing out their Disney+ shows, not doing fewer movies.

Yeah. They even turned one of the shows into a movie (Armor Wars).

It's probably related to cost cutting for Disney+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes the main reason for Disney having some losses is because of Disney+

Now some of that is loss of international subscribers but still

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Another cancelled movie victim of WB/Discovery tax shenanigans, the Scooby-Doo direct to video movie Haunted High Rise is no more. It is a sequel to Trick or Treat, Scooby-Doo!, which was from 2022 and was the one where Velma was a lesbian. Haunted High Rise would have also featured the Hex Girls, who first showed up in Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost and became a cult favorite

quote:

"I think the Haunted High Rise was even funnier than the first, because we had the Hex Girls, and new songs, and we pulled out all the stops," Gair told the podcast. "We had motorcycle chases throughout the hallways. Joe called me and said, 'Has the studio been in touch with you?' And I said no. I think this was the beginning of October, and he said, 'Oh, well somebody should be reaching out to you, I'm afraid it got shelved and it's a financial decision and I think Warner Bros. is getting a tax credit for shelving it and canceling it, so it's dead dead dead, I think because of the merger with Discovery.' They just took a look at everything that was going to be going into streaming, everything that was going to be going into HBO Max, and just drew a red line through everything, figured out how much they spent. Do you know, the saddest part is it would've cost the same to shelve it as it would to make it, because it was already lock picture and in animation. That was another reason for them doing the two movies back-to-back because they had an animation studio they could be feeding work to. It seems so sad, since it's already so close, but I do not understand the politics or how financial decisions at Warner Bros. get made, but I don't think they're going to resuscitate this. My producer keeps saying he doesn't think it's going to come back to life. But, maybe, who knows? It was locked picture, all dialogue, songs were recorded, it was ready for animation."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/another-scooby-doo-movie-with-hex-girls-canceled-by-wb-despite-being-deep-into-production/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Ugh they’re bringing back Tim Allen for Toy Story whatever we’re on

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Ugh they’re bringing back Tim Allen for Toy Story whatever we’re on

Was he not in Toy Story 4?

Edit: yeah. It's not surprising, is it? They just didn't use him for Lightyear.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, buzz was in 4 but had kind of surprisingly little screen time. He was mostly relegated to the b-plot. I think a dead Don Rickels got almost as many lines. This one might be different since they wrote woody off in the last one, though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In sequels that no one wanted or asked for they've announced that Will Smith will be joined by Michael B Jordan for I Am Legend 2.
https://deadline.com/2023/02/akiva-...els-1235260641/

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

In sequels that no one wanted or asked for they've announced that Will Smith will be joined by Michael B Jordan for I Am Legend 2.
https://deadline.com/2023/02/akiva-...els-1235260641/

Also how is Will Smith going to be in it if they’re following the alternate ending? Anyway, I’ll believe it happens once it’s actually released and not a second before.

It is interesting that he brings up The Last of Us as an inspiration, I wonder if we’re going to see a new wave of nature-reclamation apocalypse movies for lack of a better term now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tim Allen was in a new Santa Clause thing on Disney+ over the holidays

He’s definitely not canceled by Disney or whatever

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Another cancelled movie victim of WB/Discovery tax shenanigans, the Scooby-Doo direct to video movie Haunted High Rise is no more. It is a sequel to Trick or Treat, Scooby-Doo!, which was from 2022 and was the one where Velma was a lesbian. Haunted High Rise would have also featured the Hex Girls, who first showed up in Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost and became a cult favorite

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/another-scooby-doo-movie-with-hex-girls-canceled-by-wb-despite-being-deep-into-production/

My son had a BIG TIME Scooby Phase and I assure you the Hex Girls own and Witch's Ghost is a banger (for Scooby Doo...which means it's often barely tolerable but somehow gets by on charm and wholesomeness).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Tim Allen was in a new Santa Clause thing on Disney+ over the holidays

He’s definitely not canceled by Disney or whatever

wonder if that will change since Pam Anderson said he flashed her but they signed the papers already I guess

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Chairman Capone posted:

Also how is Will Smith going to be in it if they’re following the alternate ending?

You're remembering it backwards. The alternate ending is the one where Smith lives; the theatrical/original ending is the one where he blows himself & the attacking infected up with a grenade.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So is Adam Driver an alien in 65, or does it involve time travel?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dreamworks is also working on a live action How to Train Your Dragon movie. It does have a slight boost with the director of the original trilogy returning but it still seems a little pointless.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

Uh it takes place 65 million years ago, he plays a dinosaur

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Yes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

Dreamworks is also working on a live action How to Train Your Dragon movie. It does have a slight boost with the director of the original trilogy returning but it still seems a little pointless.
Can't wait to see an actual real life dragon in a movie for once :eyepop:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I AM GRANDO posted:

He plays Kylo Ren.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh, so an alien. Timeline works out though.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s clearly about Adam Driver seeding the galaxy with dinosaurs

which makes it Prometheusploitation

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

He is definitely playing Fred Flintstone

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Tars Tarkas posted:

He is definitely playing Fred Jetson

Fixed. Disclaimer: I don't know the first names of any of the Jetsons.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The wife didn't have a name. It was just "AND...HIS WIFE" in the song.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I always thought the lyrics were “Jane, his wife”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Nope, just the kids.

Meet George Jetson
His boy Elroy
Daughter Judy
And his wife

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

[Borat voice] And... his wife!

Clearly she has no name because he abducted her from the Stone Dinosaur Age.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tars Tarkas posted:

He is definitely playing Fred Flintstone

They'll never top the original movie casting.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Excited to discover from the OP that there will be exactly one movie coming out this year which isn't about an existing franchise or big name (Cocaine Bear)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

We regret to inform you Cocaine Shark is in development

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why would you regret that. That sounds fun as hell and way better than the Meg.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I get why he did it, but the story in Copenhagen (Michael Frayn) seems like it would have been right up Nolan's alley and has more interesting characters than Los Alamos. Still really looking forward to seeing Oppenheimer

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They'll never top the original movie casting.

Rick Moranis was the worst Barney, shame Sean Astin was a little too young.

But at least they had Halle Berry and Kyle MacLachlan as... whoever the gently caress they were

Prowler
May 24, 2004

ruddiger posted:

I always thought the lyrics were “Jane, his wife”

Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

there was an episode where a woman is distracted by makeup or something and he literally goes "WOMEN DRIVERS"

those shows were real products of their times

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Prowler posted:

Jane, stop this crazy thing!

The robot’s name was Jane. The wife was just “his wife” or “her”

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The robot’s name was Jane. The wife was just “his wife” or “her”

Is this some low-level trolling or a Berenstain type thing? His smoking hot wife was Jane, and the robot was Rosie

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nope, just the kids.

Meet George Jetson
His boy Elroy
Daughter Judy
And his wife

Is this a Gilligan's Island situation where there's a theme song most people don't reference?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tTq6Tofmo7E&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Because uh that definitely says Jane his wife

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He married the robot??

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Rosie was the model of robot, Jane was the name. The wife was just always just there so she didn't need a name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rosie was the model of robot, Jane was the name. The wife was just always just there so she didn't need a name.

The wife was also robit