Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The three strangers are Bryce Dallas Howard, Joaquin Phoenix, and cgi reconstructed William Hurt, and this time the monsters are real!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So is Adam Driver an alien in 65, or does it involve time travel?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Looks like that Rem Lazar remaster blu ray.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Double Trouble is the one I was thinking of but I remembered them having blonde hair for some reason. Also, what the gently caress is that cast?

There’s the Twin Dragons, Canada’s most famous karate-using identical twins who have been featured on Red Letter Media’s Best of the Worst a few times.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Then, suddenly, a portal opens: it’s The Flash! He’s followed by several Batmen, Wonder Woman, Neo, at least three Jokers, and the most recognizable of the Looney Tunes properties. “We need your help for a threat that’s coming for all of us” growls the Michael Keaton Batman.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somebody should do a biopic about Draco Floyd/Claudio Fragasso. He’s got the wildest filmography, and it ends with Troll 2.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Them just being aliens who live in the Cretaceous and coincidentally have beards and capitalism is kind of a letdown. If evolution inevitably produces Adam Driver and capitalism, that’s a real bummer.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Yeah, I loved The Vast of Night. I’m not even sure why they set it in the 50s considering it’s such a 90s conspiracy radio movie.

Also Art Bell is in the 2006 Prey video game!

I can’t believe Art Bell was never on X-Files, but he plays himself in the episode of Millennium where Spike from Buffy kidnaps Terry O’Quinn’s daughter.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It is kind of weird how alien abduction just kind of dropped right out of the culture between 9/11 and Obama. I’m tempted to do like a marxist reading of it as an expression of anxiety over the end-of-history era and its denial of politics as a tool capable of improving human life.

The X-Files is very interesting in that regard, insofar as politics is an entirely settled question there. I don’t think Mulder and Smoking Man actually disagree that 1990s capitalism is the only possible world.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

It’s funny how everyone says “turtle turtle” to make fun of master of disguise but nobody can be bothered to even remember what was bad about love guru not even “the guru pitka” followed by him cringe mugging at the camera

The true crime was The Cat in the Hat, which has been forgotten even more thoroughly.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tars Tarkas posted:

Now I want a whole series of Lifetime movies except with Leprechauns

Stalked by a Leprechaun
The Leprechaun Nanny
Surrogate Leprechaun Nightmare
18 and Pregnant by a Leprechaun
The Leprechaun She Met Online

The Christmas Leprechaun

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

X-Ray Pecs posted:

NOW who’s the Cheeto in Chief???

That is the one @POTUS post that would have looked exactly the same if trump had won in 2020.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did they feed the Raised by Wolves intro into it to get that garbage?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The historical Barbie Mattel was consumed by guilt over her role in the Manhattan Project. Her family maintains that she was shot in bed by a mysterious intruder, but it’s pretty obvious she killed herself if you look into the case at all. I remember that Unsolved Mysteries where they interviewed her daughter, and it’s extremely depressing to see someone in that degree of denial.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I remember reading a quote from Stan Lee when Miles Morales became ultimate Spiderman, and he said something like, “I think it’s great that they’re doing a black Spiderman. I wouldn’t have killed the other Spiderman. I’d have made the new Spiderman one of his friends, and I’d have given him a name like ‘the Black Spider’ and they would fight crime together before he got his own comic!”

It’s a wonderful quote because that’s exactly what Stan would have done, except his comic would have died in ten issues.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I’m told upon his death Aslan recited the Shahada and accepted the light of Islam

Aslan was his slave name. Under the Tribe of Shabazz, he is Usama X.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

I really wish there was an 80s cyber-cop show with that vibe that I could just watch 40-some episodes of. RoboCop: The Series is fun, but it ain't Nemesis or Future Kick.

Tekwar?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Sentinel and Swift Justice. And Seven Days and Deadly Games. And Nowhere Man and Jake 2.0. And the Burning Zone and Psi Factor.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Of course! VR 5.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

SeaQuest DSV, which was basically "Star Trek TNG but underwater." Especially considering that early in TNG's development they wanted to have dolphin crewmembers on the Enterprise.

There is a very 90s Seaquest where Seth Green tries to take over the internet, which is accessed exclusively through a second life-style interface where people walk avatars of themselves around an overworld to buy things or make calls. Better than what the actual internet ended up being tbh.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Ultraforce, it had a short lived cartoon series back when every animated studio was throwing money at any comic book company would take it.

The tricky thing about Ultraverse characters was that Malibu, the company that originally created the line, wanted this big shared cohesive universe so they offered profit sharing across the line to various creators. Every creator would get a small cut from the other lines to foster cooperation rather than competition.

Cool idea until one of the creators turns out to be a child molester and any revival of any of the characters would mean cutting checks to him.

Look on the bright side: maybe he will be murdered in prison.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Also Brooks’s optimistic view of how Israel would behave in a worldwide crisis looks dumber every time the Israel government does pretty much anything.

You have to understand that zombies are often metaphors for other kinds of people in these kinds of stories. Max is simply thinking of another group he thinks of as a disease-carrying horde and letting his imagination fill in the details.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Israel is garbage, but the book is explicit about them letting Muslims in and then Israeli zealots would be the ones doing terrorisms.

I apologize to Max Brooks for my cheap shot. Presenting Israel as a cool and hyper-competent operator usually betrays a certain set of beliefs held by the author, but not always.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How much disney star wars was good, anyway? Just Andor?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

All five of those movies have maybe 40 minutes of good content between them, mostly scenes between Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Probably a good thing he didn’t do the It movies to be rude to children lol

“Yeah, we’re doing that scene. It’s the one everyone remembers about the novel. I don’t care what your parents say. Get back on the sewer set.”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

This looks like a sequel to Quest of the Delta Knights. I hope it plays at the drive-in

Cabot?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tars Tarkas posted:

Jason David Frank has one more movie coming, Legend of the White Dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk2hqhdvRpY

Would I have laughed at this if he were still alive? Yeah, probably, but in an affectionate way because he was a fun guy who should have been able to enjoy himself.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

Has there been another director who lost as much cred as Burton? Like, in 2005, he was still highly regarded, picking interesting, well received projects, and now it's perfectly understandable to see him joining a project with dismay.

Terrence Malick. I don’t know if his post-2011 films are any good, but there sure are a lot of them for a guy who used to be famous for having directed four movies over 30 years. I never hear anyone talk about them at all.

Tobe Hooper, probably. From auteur to directing tv pilots is not a great trajectory, although I think the pilot to UPN’s Nowhere Man looks very good.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Fear the Blacklight of Dracula

My friend saw a couch from that lace on Craigslist or someplace and thought it was a really good deal before seeing where it was from.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When I was 10 I was afraid of the vhs box for Evil Dead II at the video store. A skull with eyes is scary poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Asterite34 posted:

A Dog's Purpose is, apparently, Vengeance :black101:

Reverse John Wick