Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

It's a Christmas miracle! :toot:

Guess they saw the Ant-Man scores and maybe realised that fatigue has started to kick in for real.

I think the only one I even want to see is Guardians 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The trailer for the... Tetris movie(?) just came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BLM1naCfME

Not exactly what I expected.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

The Gamers (that's the 2000's era student film that cuts between nerds in a dorm and larp level cosplay of their adventure, right?) is exactly that, yeah. It's also, anecdotally, quite amusing to people that play and a complete dud for everyone else.

The sequel, Gamers 2, is also pretty solid.

Never saw the third one and learning that the creators did like 10+ minute walk n talk at a convention about Firefly I sorta passed on anything else they did after that.

Also I still like the third D&D movie, because it's 100% "GM's first evil campaign" right down to all the clichés of a Paladin masquerading as an evil guy (and forced to do eeeeevil things), and that one player who really, really loves playing evil characters.
The story is naff but it's so fun seeing all the clichés being played seriously that I can't help but to love it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That mine throw is sublime. :allears:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The eagles were busy, so they had to go with something else.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

kalel posted:

what about moegoth :nyoron:

Not to mention Nosgoth.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And today is monday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFpl4nG3bj8

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I figured they were dropping projects due to costs and D+ not being as profitable as they would've liked it to be.

Which, from what I recall reading a while back, was something off their own doing because they dropped cricket from their tableau.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Space Mutiny, starring Chris Hemsworth.

Might be difficult to get access to Battlestar Galactica footage though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Phanatic posted:

The original idea for View to a Kill was just Goldfinger! It's the exact same plot, except with "gold" scratched out and "microchips" written in in crayon.

And instead we got Die Another Day, a movie so bad that it managed to really sour me on Bond movies to the point I skipped the Craig ones after that.
Then on a whim I watched Skyfall, realised it was a giant reset button and it soured me on Bond movies again. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Young Freud posted:

After all, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, that hoary old conspiracy theory that a secret cabal of Jewish people ran the world, was written by the secret police of Tsar Nicolas II, whose family, the Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, ran Russia, Britain (under Nick's cousin George V), Germany (Wilhelm II) and countless other minor imperial European nations, like Portugal and Belgium.

Reading Richard J Evans 'The Hitler Conspiracies' last month taught me that the Protocols had a deeper history than that and it was in reality written by a bunch of people and then got picked up the secret police at one point.

Speaking of X-Files, the only episode I've ever seen was the rogue computer program with the VR thing.
I still remember the kill command; Ctrl-Alt-Bloodbath.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A XCOM TV show would be great as long as it heavily references UFO.

And they already made an XCOM movie, it was called Spectral.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Yo, does Jeremy Soule do movie scores?

Aw gently caress.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pretty sure the failure of Black Adam is what made him convince Disney to do a Moana live-action remake. It just reeks of his need to have something of his own.

Also this is very topical from a few pages back:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1643247234128183299

Somewhat related is that HBO is looking into making a Harry Potter remake series. :laffo:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Bautista is much Boulder, for one

:golfclap:
Not going to let this slip by unattended.

Also Reynolds was the highlight of Blade 3 if anything.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

Hey now, HHH was fun as a big Mook vampire with his stupid silver teeth and Blade 3 has the best insult.

That is also true. :hai:

In other news, the Minecraft movie has apparently been pushed into 2025.
It has been in development since 2014. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1649445130812661761?t=YTpGYSupbZjGC11PqosfIQ&s=19

The game is about a guy in a windowless submarine exploring an extraterrestrial ocean, and the only methods he knows what is going on outside are a display showing environmental measurements, sonar, and a camera that takes way too long to process its images.

The neat part is that the creator of the game, David Szymanski (most known for DUSK), is also involved with the project. With Andrew Hulshult (behind the music for both a ton of indie shooters and the Doom Eternal DLC) is making the soundtrack.
Which is frankly a wild combination all in all.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

P.T. was a demo for a horror game that Kojima Productions, under pseudonym, developed back in 2014 in collaboration with Del Toro. On top of that it also served as a teaser for Silent Hills, before it was cancelled.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P.T._(video_game)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Something something, magnetic interference caused by unobtanium fields, turning your army of robot skeletons into a giant ball a la Katamari Damacy.

So now, instead of being chased by robot skeletons, you are being chased by a giant ball made out of robot skeletons.
That's almost worse.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhlaBO-SwVE
This seems like it is kind of moving away from the original premise of the series where the draw was older action stars.

I'd be disappointed if someone didn't say "Yo Fiddy, check out that sweet-rear end ramp" at some point in the movie.

Codependent Poster posted:

The only thing I remember from the Expendables is Terry Crews and his awesome shotgun.

Pretty sure that was the scene that made the AA-12 shotgun cool, because after that point it started to show up in games and on guntube a lot more frequently from what I can remember.

Pretty sure I only saw the first and second one. Or was it third that had Chuck Norris in it? Complete with referencing the memes.
And now I must apologize for making people remember those.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 9, 2023

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Games have always liked automatic shotguns. In a recent games thread the Pancor Jackhammer got mentioned, a gun that never went beyond the prototype stage but we all knew from a number of games.

Ah yeah, I'm well aware about that one.

But I guess I must've gotten the timeline scrambled in that case. v:v:v

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Albert Pyun movies are generally kinda bad, but the man absolutely knew to make every single action scene incredible in some way.

He was also not great with endings, like the ending to Knights is just "And then we went on an inter dimensional adventure" in order to save a kid that the heroine was going to save but then got kidnapped by someone else instead right at the end.
As I recall, the sequel to that one doesn't even involve all of that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I think there's a Spongebob one too.

Unless that got banned as well.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I would like to believe they're doing this just so they can force the thread to continue and talk about upcoming movies in perpetuity.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They’re doing it because they’re an irritating transphobic piece of poo poo.

That also works. :hmmyes:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hopefully it'll see a more widespread release as one of my UK friends was incredibly sold on the movie after seeing that trailer.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'd watch the gently caress out of a Lego Ice Planet movie, the only question is who to cast as Commander Cold

Either that or Rock Raiders.

Where is the Lego Space Cinematic Universe? :colbert:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Pretty funny that Cortana is now Microsoft's assistant AI. She's took Clippy's job.

Was, they shut it down back in August.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Surely that's an old post.
*checks date*
Oh no.

Who knew Cabela's Dangerous Hunts was onto something.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I also saw all three hobbit movies when they came out.
But I honestly just forgot everything of them outside of parts of the opening from the first movie. Probably because of the two songs that show up there that I liked.

I think I only saved the soundtrack from the first one, even if it ends with an Ed Sheeran track.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

That franchise movie schedule made take delve into what non-franchise stuff is coming out. And I found some interesting stuff. Like:
Obvious superhero schlock.
Indian Sci-Fi dystopia.
Red Sonja apparently coming out.
As is The Crow 2
RPat playing a clone.
I had missed that the Electric State movie comes out this year too.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction to seeing that, and Red Sonja. v:v:v

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

At least Red Sonja only has that one Schwarzenegger adaptation which either is forgotten or has people nostalgic for it (because they have forgotten how mediocre it is).

Hasn't helped that the RS movie has been in development hell for like one or two decades at this point.

Like I definitely wouldn't mind it actually coming out, a sprinkle of fantasy movies would nice once in a while.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1759947149112918241

There's been a lifesign from the Borderlands movie. Completely forgot it existed, again.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU_NKNZljoQ

Trailer dropped.

And... :effort:
Definitely not feeling it. But points for making Claptrap even more annoying I guess.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Really going hard on making people think of Guardians of thr Galaxy.

Not the first time I've seen someone make that comparison. And one I definitely won't disagree with it.

Considering how long it has been in development it makes sense.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would put all of the money in the world on the post-credits for Borderlands being a Handsome Jack reveal

I honestly thought the guy with the coat was him, but I'm most definitely wrong. The plot appears to be mostly BL1. But half the characters are from BL2 so are they going to borrow bits from that too? v:v:v

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Men is the absolute nadir of this dumbass “elevated horror” trend that A24 and Blumhouse ushered in, just an absolutely miserable, dreadful film

Elevated horror, but featuring a haunted skyscraper and an elevator ride.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

It was kind of funny how he tried to branch out and write regular science fiction but everybody hated it so he just wrote The Martian again with a slightly different premise.

So kind of like Ernest Cline who went back to writing a sequel to RPO because no one cared about his other book.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Billie eilish singing “what is my purpose” but for a millennial who can’t buy a house

I'm mostly expecting a song named "I'm just Wheelbarrow" about the most unpopular Monopoly piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I remember kind of enjoying Pattern Recognition, but then I bought Spook Country and I never got around to reading it. Then I ended up buying, and re-reading, the Neuromancer trilogy and Idoru.

In the latters case the beginning and middle was good but the ending was a bit of a washout and made me realise some flaws with how Gibson writes at times.