Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Nope, just the kids.

Meet George Jetson
His boy Elroy
Daughter Judy
And his wife

Is this a Gilligan's Island situation where there's a theme song most people don't reference?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tTq6Tofmo7E&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Because uh that definitely says Jane his wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rosie was the model of robot, Jane was the name. The wife was just always just there so she didn't need a name.

Am I being DuckTales the MMOd?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Vandar posted:

D&D movie looks fun. Don't really see where the complaints about it are coming from, if it took itself any more seriously than it is then it wouldn't be a D&D movie anymore.

A guy at my LGS thinks it looks bad because "it's just a fantasy movie and nothing about it makes it D&D" but I think he wants to watch people sit around a table and roll dice or some poo poo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Vandar posted:

Dark Sun movie when, you cowards?

RAVENLOFT MOVIE WHEN?

Just two hours of the party trying to convince Strahd to work on himself and maybe he could get the girl

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Alan Smithee posted:

neil breen is the type of guy who would put in a "insert vfx shot here" on accident so that makes him better than velocipastor (a forgettable tryhard movie)

It wasn't even fun and bad it was just bad and bad

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Plan 9 from outer space with a Michael bay sfx budget

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Brock Samson posted:

Somebody spoil the kylosaur movie please

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/65_(film)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I really should watch The Black Hole. I had the cassette tape from the read along book and I listened to that thing a lot. I don't recall ever having the book to go with it though and I've never seen the movie

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Enderzero posted:

Mystery Men is already an origin story. They literally have a casting call to build the team.

God I’d love a good sequel though. Still holds up.

but we don't have an origin for how the shoveler, blue raja, and mr furious met

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cage posted:

I just tried to find on google. Perhaps he means this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKiH9XaRhE
A comment on the video

Wow thats terrible.

i think our copy was this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJENO2gZxc

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Somehow I missed that a Twisted Metal show was happening

Twisted Metal | Official Teaser | Peacock Original: https://youtu.be/cYb_HFHJJHs

Im extra confused by Will Arnett being the voice of Sweet Tooth

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

We Got Us A Bread posted:

This IS the corporation that managed to somehow make a Squid Games reality show about as dangerous as the actual Squid Games, so....

everyone denies there being real issues. no idea if britains safety things are as lovely as the us though

In January 2023, reports emerged that ambulances had been called to treat real life injuries sustained while filming the show. Netflix denied the severity of the reports stating that the injuries were mild medical conditions and that they care about the health and safety of the cast and crew. The local ambulance service also stated that it had not been called out to the studios recently.[217][218] Britain's Health and Safety Executive evaluated the production after these complaints and found no actionable issues, though cautioned the production to be prepared for any future risks.[219]

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Grendels Dad posted:

Even that surprises me. My wife and I are peak target group for nostalgia attacks like that, and we have three children. I like to make fun of how lovely all these remakes look but her reaction to them is downright vitriolic. We haven't let our children watch a single one of them. I imagine my wife is not alone in her violent rejection of those movies, so where are the billion dollars coming from?

Normal people probably?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Alhazred posted:

And yet Kissinger is still alive..

he turns 100 saturday. he's gotta be a lich

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Professor Shark posted:

I am excited to watch another trrrible Thing sequel

Isn't it the first sequel that isn't a comic book or video game?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

dr_rat posted:

I'm sure they make some really bad joke about it at the start and basically ignore it after that.

kalel posted:

the most tasteless unfunny thing I can think of is a joke about skin color/race where the punchline is the protagonist saying "check your privilege, jeez" so it's probably that

It was "she's canadian"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anonymous Zebra posted:

None of my daughters had even heard of it. I only know about it because people in this thread posted about it a few weeks ago. I'm not even sure where it advertised, but those places didn't hit my family at all.

EDIT: The bigger problem is my kids don't even go to the movies anymore. They stream poo poo on their phones or on the TV with their friends. I don't think they've asked me to take them to a theater since I went to see the D&D movie and my youngest wanted to go with me.

The only place I saw ads for it was in front of other movies. But most of the streaming services I use don't have ads so who knows if it's on any of those

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Snowman_McK posted:

Tubi fuckin' rules. It's full of genuinely excellent old films who's ownership rights are expired and runs the gamut all the way to total loving poo poo that is several notches below straight to dvd. Like, home movie level stuff. It's the last streaming service that's actually more fun to browse than it is to watch stuff on and that's a compliment.

Also, it's crazy that, of all these lovely services, somehow Amazon Prime seems to be the least cynically run. That is loving amazing.

Tubi has the entire Josh Kirby Time Warrior series so I was finally able to see the sixth episode after 20 years. A+ service

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We're pretty much well past the point where anything not making a billionaire more money RIGHT NOW is considered a liability to be removed, and people's basic needs are often included among them. Look at how there's literally no options available in the US for cheap cars anymore.

This is still some bullshit. I paid 12k for my car back in 2018. The same model with around the same mileage is no closer to 18k. We want to replace my partners car but the only thing we can afford is something that's pretty much the same age and miles

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I haven't been to a drive-in in over twenty years. I think the closest one to me in NYC is somewhere upstate.

i've got three of them near me and not one of them is doing barbie/oppenheimer

two are doing barbie/no hard feelings and one is doing barbie/legally blonde. it's real disappointing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

galagazombie posted:

I’m halfway convinced all the right wing “outrage” over Barbie is astroturfing by the studio simply bribing them to hype it as some grand political manifesto instead of the soulless corporate glop of “Lego Movie: Pink Edition” it so obviously is. Because I’m only seeing it from hoity toity YouTube ecelebs. Compare to the organic free range bigotry of say.. the black The Little Mermaid where you saw the hoi poloi of vileness on image boards and forums coming out of the woodwork.

Barbie looks real fun and not soulless at all?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thank you for doing the legwork for me on that one, I was real curious as well

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I watched FNaF in the hospital while we waited to be discharged. I wasn't expecting it to be good but I at least wanted it to be fun.

Instead it was just boring

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FNAF just made me want to watch Willy's Wonderland again. Also give me a sequel where Nick Cage just continues to fight satanic things without ever saying a word

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My partner is a Swifty and as she lay in the hospital bed recovering from just having pushed out a baby without an epidural gasped

"Hey guess what, she was born the day Tswifts 1989 dropped"

I've been making fun of her about that for days

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Gaylors are Swifties who think the woman who’s well-known for dating a long string of high-profile men is actually secretly a lesbian, and she’s secretly leaving a bunch of Easter eggs all over her music and imagery for people to find and interpret.

Swifties are insane with their conspiracy theories. The one relevant to this thread is that she's confirmed to be Dazzler in Deadpool 3 because she's been seen in public with Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds

And then she's going to pivot over to the main Marvel Universe and be Dazzler in a solo movie

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Highrise, Instagib, 200% air control

I recently did since all 6 games and the Xcom clone are free on gamepass. They're still fun. The most recent one has a multi-player Left 4 Dead mode that's a blast with a good team.

Is it actually like XCOM with a geosphere and base building or is this another time where it's just turn based combat?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jim DiGriz posted:

It's just combat and building your squad, but those are on par with nu-XCOM.

Xcom 1 and 2 both have a geoscape and base building though?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Jim DiGriz posted:

Sorry, probably a language barrier thing. The GoW game is just combat and squad development, it does not have base building and geoscape. Combat and squad dressup however is about as good as in the nu-XCOMs. Hope it's clearer now.

Thats disappointing ): I don't know if it's a language barrier thing or just me being overly pedantic tbh. People like to call turn based games xcom and I always think of the full xcom package and they just mean that combat is handled like xcom

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I guarantee all the fan fic this thread is writing will be worse than the movie ever could be

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

kalel posted:

you really don't know that for sure

My memory is spotty but I would be good money a lot of these are what was written about Mario only with the characters and production company swapped

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

But yeah the Event Horizon basically rolled through a Slaanesh domain and just started a murder orgy because sure why not

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Gonz posted:

It’s gonna do gangbusters. People like Reynolds as Deadpool and Jackman as Wolverine. The icing on the cake will be all the alleged Fox X-Men actors that are supposed to be in it, and get brutally killed.

According to tiktok T Swift is good to be a surprise Dazzler cameo which will spin off into her being in the MCU.

I really hate that my partner is down T Swift tiktok and I'm exposed to the insanity of Swifties

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Apparently Danny Trejo got into some major tax trouble and needs the money

I want to know why Patrick Warburton is in this

He's pro-Trump

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I feel like Carnage would have worked better as a villain for Spiderman, instead of the character he is just the more edgy version of. Probably still wouldn't work very well though.

That's fine it's all according to plan. The Internet decided that Sony is just doing backdoor pilots for another Andrew Garfield Spiderman and that he's going to show up and fight Venom.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I thought the whole point of 28 Days Later was that the "Zombies" were all still alive, just lobotomized to the point where all they could do is vomit blood everywhere and skullfuck anyone within arms reach. They were so pissed they literally couldn't think about eating, meaning they were all going to die out in a few weeks due to starvation, exposure, etc.

In other words, why the gently caress is this getting another sequel?

the 2007 movie 28 Weeks Later shows that there are carriers who don't get angry and starve to death and that is how the virus spreads

so ya know, probably continuing off of that premise

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cacator posted:

I dunno what yall are complaining about, I loved seeing the escapades of my favourite original character COLE YOUNG and the birthmark that gives him special powers!

Meanwhile nobody complains when the games add new characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

CelticPredator posted:

It makes sense from a soulless creative standpoint

“You see MK is weird and we need someone who isn’t weird and normal to enter this weird world!! Otherwise the audience is going to be lost! They cannot relate to fantastical beings!”

I mean I've read posts in Games, CineD, and TVIV people absolutely 100% need everything spelled out for them