Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you somehow can't wait for that, there is always this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fQtxKmgJC8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

davidspackage posted:

Michael Keaton B. Jordan Batman

:hmmyes:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Steven Tyler is such a bad actor in that one. That's a joke because he is playing himself, but it's not a joke because he's actually bad at acting.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Martman posted:

At first I misread this as Ben Mendelsohn and imagined he had personally defrauded Disney out of hundreds of millions of dollars

I doubt his role in Killing Them Softly was him on auto-pilot!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

50 Cent didn't put it in all the work* for the three Escape Plan movies to be denied another Stallone flick.

*a minor role that became smaller with each iteration

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

I'd be disappointed if someone didn't say "Yo Fiddy, check out that sweet-rear end ramp" at some point in the movie.

Pretty sure that was the scene that made the AA-12 shotgun cool, because after that point it started to show up in games and on guntube a lot more frequently from what I can remember.

Pretty sure I only saw the first and second one. Or was it third that had Chuck Norris in it? Complete with referencing the memes.
And now I must apologize for making people remember those.

Games have always liked automatic shotguns. In a recent games thread the Pancor Jackhammer got mentioned, a gun that never went beyond the prototype stage but we all knew from a number of games.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 9, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

In a way his current state is deja vu all over again.

Was that movie good in general? I could have sworn I saw it but can't remember what it was about.

Yes, not a classic, but certainly entertaining to watch.

The plot is that a ferry carrying a lot of people for an event was blown up. Denzel is an ATF agent who gets attached to special unit that can review past surveillance footage in order to track the bomber down. He eventually finds out that they're not just looking at past footage, they actually have an technology that allows them to glimpse in the past... and more.

I remember a cool sequence where he is driving in his car with a mobile camera unit and is essentially chasing someone using footage that is being "livestreamed" from the past. Woah :monocle:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 8, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

John Carpenter is currently directing a TV series from his couch. I doubt it'll be any good, but I'll watch it regardless.

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goVfYvVx5F8

I have no idea to what extent he's involved with this, maybe he just nodded and extended his hands to receive a stack of currency.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

HBO Max. Had no idea it was a mini-series instead of a season. I watched one episode, not familiar with he source material, and didn't bother with a second one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'm from a less conservative country and I remember when it was a big deal that a local network started airing Saving Private Ryan at 20:30 on a memorial day. You couldn't air a movie that was 16+ before 22:00 at the time, so the network was given a fine. They relaxed it to 20:00 at some point. In general having more channels and the continued popularity of series dealing with crime and murder makes me think it's far less regulated these days. And you've got a medical show like ER or House? You can probably run that on repeat, 24/7, show all those organs and splatter all that blood!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 11, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Young Freud posted:

Everyone in this thread joking about it but not posting the reveal trailer for this...
https://x.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1732949742689378701?s=20

To be fair, however, it's currently more of a tech demo for the game, showing all the advanced scanning, modelling, and rigging of the Kojimadome. Also, you can see how busted Udo Kier looks in this.

Welcome to another edition of Kojimadome!
(timestamped so they start at the relevant bits)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMpN26ts7s&t=274s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z8KJKth09w&t=416s

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

Anyway, feel free to drop titles for a 2024 thread, started work on it but no eta. Next year has a lot less of the big franchises but has some other big and small good and bad stuff in the queue

Whomst Greenlighted 2024: Somehow, The Dark Universe Returned*
Using A Microscope To Find Original Content
The Final Reshoot For The Borderlands Movie (Pinky Swear!)
More Spider-Man Movies Without Spider-Man

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Frankenstein

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Whomst Greenlighted 2024: More Spider-Man Movies Without Spider-Man

And let's not forget what we could have nearly gotten, but they denied us: https://www.ign.com/articles/bad-bunny-is-seemingly-out-of-spider-man-spinoff-el-muerto-but-film-still-in-the-works

You know, uh, this guy!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Justin Hammer had a brief appearance as a fellow prisoner in the Marvel one shot All Hail The King, which shows you what happened to Ben Kingsley's character after Iron Man 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ever went yikes about somebody else going yikes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzC6j1QpK5g

Ace Ventura & Naked Gun 33 1/3 double bill :yikes:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 29, 2024