Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Cooked Auto posted:

The trailer for the... Tetris movie(?) just came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BLM1naCfME

Not exactly what I expected.

I love how the story behind Tetris is full of enough legal wrangling and ratfuckery between corporations for a whole miniseries and they just boiled it down to 'plucky entrepreneur vs sinister communists'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

joylessdivision posted:

Dudes also been with New Line since the late 80's or early 90's, I know I've seen his name pop up in the credits of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies a couple times.

He actually got ousted sometime in the early 2000s for getting a public blowjob at an Oscar party (which, post-Weinstein seems laughably tame as far as Hollywood sex scandals go). And it's probably not a coincidence that New Line started going to poo poo once he left - from a creative standpoint, he's legitimately one of the only good execs in Hollywood.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Oh no, we're going to have to endure months of racist wankers whining about April being played by a black woman. Willing to place a cash bet on idiots saying something about how her surname means she's of Irish descent so she must be white.

Shut 'em up by staring at them like this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

galagazombie posted:

I could have sworn Sebastian was a lobster. No! I Know Sebastian was a lobster. Google images has to be lying to me!

I mean, he definitely looks more like a lobster than a crab, so I think you can blame the animators for this

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Agreed

View To a Kill is always funny because Roger Moore is clearly way too old for that role

I rewatched Octopussy on a whim last night and almost every single action scene is ruined because they have to keep cutting between the stuntmen doing amazing, crazy stuff and Roger Moore on a set that only barely matches the environment. Also, speaking of Bond movies chasing trends, this one is so Indiana Jones that Temple of Doom's dinner scene might as well have been lifted wholesale from it. Also, somehow even more racist than Temple of Doom, and certainly a lot duller.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Payndz posted:

Didn't Cleese already do this in live action? (Rat Race.)

Also, I'm bewildered that nobody has ever gone "Hey, Wacky Races exists as a thing with name recognition, so why don't we just do... Wacky Races?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkp8rM_SkH8

Speed Racer was too awesome for the box office, so we're probably never getting a live-action adaptation of a racing cartoon again

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Beau is Afraid is getting polarized takes.

It's giving me 'Film Twitter will have lovely hot takes about it but in ten years everybody will say they always thought it was a masterpiece' vibes.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

And Chloe Zhao just doesn't seem like she has the sensibility to make a good horror movie

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How does one become a digital dog dick painter?

Excellent post/av combo

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Lol this is the best derail SA has ever seen

The words of someone who has not learned from a derail that a female duck's vagina has multiple secret dead ends

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I swear, film critics these days are kinda pathetic in the way they prostrate themselves before any big blockbuster, past or present, that doesn't look like grey, processed slurry. Like, yeah, the clip there looks really generic, but that doesn't make Michael Bay's stuff any less awful or gross.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

It sounds like he is no longer involved with Star Wars, so you can take that off

I think Flash Gordon's probably a no-go too, just because (iirc) that's something he was attached to at Fox before the Disney takeover and there's been no movement on it at all since.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

Cast him as Kano, what the gently caress are you doing Hollywood.

The fact that they're making a Mortal Kombat 2 should give you a hint to their competency

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Leatherhead posted:

Personally I was glad they didn't just re-do the original tournament movie. The bigger problem was Original-Character-Do-Not-Steal 'Cole Young.'

You can do a Mortal Kombat movie without a tournament. You can't spend the entire movie hyping up that tournament up if you're never gonna deliver, though. Just a baffling decision that makes me think nobody involved had ever glanced at a screenplay before, or that the whole thing was just spat out by an algorithm. One of the worst movies of the decade so far, easily.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's mainly that the biggest costs for anything are always labor, and their profits can go up astronomically if they are just using AI to write scripts and then another AI and CGI to just recreate older actors instead of shooting real ones. So that is their preferred future even if it's not going to go as well for them as they think.

Studios sowing: Haha, yes no actors, this is great!

Studio reaping: WTF people like actors this sucks

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1656015796618027009

keaton's been waiting half his life to play him again

Is there a section in Beetlejuice hell where you're forced to watch reboots and sequels to movies from the 80s until your eyes bleed? Because I think we're there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

davidspackage posted:

An incredible sharpshooter.

Six cuts, more than enough to kill anything that moves