Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I wonder which state gave them tax credits to film there

Australia, actually. :australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

claw game handjob posted:

The short version is an individual who was very in over their head somehow wrangled international queer wrestlers for an event, got them to fly out for it from all over, may have been incredibly inappropriate with at least one of them, borrowed money from a too-forgiving mother to reserve the venue but not enough to pay the wrestlers, or at least all of them, and then while all of this was collapsing around them in the wake of the incident, they declared they were gonna go on the then-announced Netflix Squid Game-as-game show series to make sure everyone got their cash and mom got paid back.

I'm glossing over the details but it was a loving mess. "The saga beginning" was a lot of people going "RED FLAGS, RED FLAGS" as the booking happened.

There's a whole thread in PSP about it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009433&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

The Hollywood strike claims another one as Dune: Part Two gets moved to 2024:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1694832106738720836

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

High Warlord Zog posted:

The thing is that the JW movies keep gesturing towards this stuff, but then never deliver any cool visuals to go with the bugnuts ideas hanging around the margins of their stories. Vincent D'onofrio's character has his weird scheme to replace human soldiers with Velociraptors. There's a human/dino hybrid. InGen, or whatever the company is called now, starts manufacturing giant insects. But the movies never have the decency to give us a raptor with a machine gun fighting a bus sized praying mantis or whatever.

There was that John Sayles script for JP4 that had raptors or human/dino hybrids or whatever wielding guns as elite soldiers, but instead we got Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard for three movies. :effort: