Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Given that movies actors are paid a poo poo ton more than voice actors, how long until WB rescinds the dumb mandate about superhero continuity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I remembered stumbling on a photo of a bloody scene in some article about Tetris. Something about a murder-suicide. I think it was rotten library back in the '00s.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Richard Belzer (Munch), passed away at 78.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Brexit pissed off John Le Carre so much that he applied to be Irish right before he died of old age.

Suck it, Tories! The father of stale of Stale Beer Spy Fiction is ours!

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I don't know if its his scalp or his stache that gives him his power.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/nancy-meyers-rom-com-shelved-netflix-scarlett-johansson-1235544292/

Netflix rejects 150 million dollar romcom. Apparently there are no backend profits with streamed movies, so the stars demand the full bag upfront. God knows how the kitchen would have looked.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Again, why when Batman came out, every exec thought we needed to bring back every pulp hero from the 30's, rather than Batman himself being popular since his inception and long since grown past his roots.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wasn't even looking hard, but it's very easy to spot when Bond suddenly de-aged 25 years and had a lot more stamina in this chase scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq601ztZ4mQ

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 16, 2023

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Lance Reddick, passed away at 60.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I had to find out when Cosmonaut Marcus posted that Eric Andre bit where he played slave Geordi.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Are there any French movies were the leading man isn't old enough to be the leading lady's dad?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Yo, does Jeremy Soule do movie scores?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

John Wick 4 is essentially about wizards because now everyone wears bulletproof designer suits. This necessitates even more headshots than usual.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Myers was forced to do the Cat in the Hat because he didn't want to do a Sprockets movie, which would have been another SNL sketch stretched to b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶-̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ feature length.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I thought Chris Tucker was playing Mike despite looking nothing like him and being over 50 years old.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Paddington 3 films next summer.

https://deadline.com/2023/04/paddington-movie-film-3-peru-ben-whishaw-filming-july-queen-1235314478/

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So what is Dave Bautista, a real actor, doing after the final Guardians film?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I thought it was all ogre for Mike Myers.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

She's beyond Thunderdome now.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Watching Scorpio Rising and expecting a spy-thriller was certainly an experience.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Iko Uwais should still be impaling dudes on broken doors instead of hanging out with these Hollywood has-beens.

gently caress it, conjure up a John Wick spinoff with him it. It'd be a cinch since he'd hardly need any dialogue since Wick sure as hell didn't in the last movie.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Cormac McCarthy, passed away at 89.

Still iffy on Blood Meridian ever being adapted.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The historical Judge was described as 'hairless', as in clean-shaven. The fictional Judge is completely free of follicles and unnaturally white-skinned.

Clearly the best candidate is Art the Clown from the Terrifier movies.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Casimir Radon posted:

He’s supposed to look like a golem. They kept going back and forth during filming with no idea what he should actually look like. They shot footage for him draining all the SS men, but then the special effects supervisor died suddenly and they didn’t know what his plan was. So it just cuts to him standing amidst a bunch of corpses I kind of don’t mind the look.

Was this the same rock monster from Star Trek V?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

joylessdivision posted:

The book is way better than the movie.

I am both horrified and intrigued by the idea of an Uwe Boll film about Auschwitz, but not enough to actually track it down and watch it because honestly, life's too short for some poo poo.

And considering I've watched 3 Boll films already, I think I'm all set on ever watching anything else he makes.

If Day the Clown Cried ever escapes the vault however, Imma watch that poo poo.

You're in luck. Earliest it can come out is June, 2024.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Michael Gambon, passed away at 82.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Matthew Perry, passed away at 54.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Saw X was pretty good, mind. It's made fresh by having Jigsaw as the protagonist for once.

I also found it more honest than The Irishman, because it didn't bother de-aging any returning characters despite this being lodged between Saw I and II.

It's explotation cheese, but good cheese at that.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The depiction of civil war in the last-half movie was deemed distasteful coming off so soon after the Paris attacks. It's easier for a work to play down any parallels to a real-life tragedy that happens close by if the creators choose to toss in an orc or a robot into the mix.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8hDsIoEFYw&t=188s

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Ryan O'Neal, passed away at 82.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A Good Burger sequel sounds like the most depressing thing ever. Two middle aged guys stuck in the same job when they were teens. Abe Vigoda's bones gathering dust in the corner of the kitchen.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Andre Braugher, passed away at 61.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is there an Onion article about a longtime Zack Snyder defender finally go to watch one of his movies?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I remember Jenny Nicholson said the director was really bitter about the park selling thirty-dollar plastic wands.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Sad news.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1739850165228339477?s=20

He faced police questioning over private drug use. Any familiar with Korean and Japan media knows that they are draconian on that stuff.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They tried making Amanda Waller less heavy, less middle-aged, and less black after a reboot. It didn't stick.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Carl Weathers, passed away at 76.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 2, 2024

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I think its more because only absolute garbage human beings would demean themselves and their family on reality television for fame and money.

Hey now, some people are willing to debase themselves for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

This is just an unsubstantiated rumor. The Broccoli estate will likely dispel it.