Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Chairman Capone posted:

Also how is Will Smith going to be in it if they’re following the alternate ending?

You're remembering it backwards. The alternate ending is the one where Smith lives; the theatrical/original ending is the one where he blows himself & the attacking infected up with a grenade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

The ideal Metroid adaptation already exists; it’s called “Season 1 of The Mandalorian”

it’s even got Werner Herzog!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

The heart attack scene still kinda puzzles me, I get the initial idea is to stop Macready blowing everything up but why then eat someone in front of everyone else?

the theory i've heard is that the abdominal maw was a reflex action caused by the electric shock, not entirely dissimilar to the blood freaking out when scalded with a hot wire

what happened with the blood storage does still puzzle me, though it's possible Garry and/or Copper are lying about how close an eye they keep on their keys. I can't actually recall what they say in that scene, it's been several months since I last watched the movie.

Come And See posted:

I like that Thingied Wilford Brimley knows enough to fake being fine but not enough to take down the noose.

i'm tempted to say that leaving the noose up was part of the cover- making it look like Blair was ready to kill himself like Fuchs did if he thinks he's about to get got. Alternatively, Blair-Thing wants to look unwell so that the humans will leave it alone in the shed to continue building the escape vehicle.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Zero_Grade posted:

how do you gently caress up a Blade movie this badly

reminds me of stories that have come out about the spider-man musical and how much of a hot mess it was behind the scenes. Apparently the lead writer felt that the story should be focused on their original-character-do-not-steal, and that Spider-Man should just sort of have more of a supporting role in the musical called “Spider-Man: Subtitle” and which had been pitched to the public as “the Spider-Man musical”

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

yeah, there was a brief spate of games that were sorta based around cutting the base-building and geoscape management of modern FiraXCOM in favor of just doing a shitton of battlescape missions. usually they also gave you more uniquely-ID'd plot characters and maybe a smattering of disposable redshirts instead of XCOM's parade of meat dummies to send into a woodchipper. Chimera Squad was one of them, Gears Tactics was another. I think you could maybe classify the Mario + Rabbids games as being like that? At one point there was a Metal Slug game in that style under development; not sure what became of that because that was around the same time I found out that modern SNK-Playmore is just a front for saudi money laundering and that killed my interest in it.

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 4, 2023

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is it Traviss that came up with the idea that the Spartan suit Master Chief wears also sexually satisfies him

I don’t think so; Traviss was brought into Halo only relatively recently (post-Bungie/Halo Reach, inside the era of 343i) to make bad plot novels trying to explain the backstory for Halo 4. I’d swear the “the suit jacks him off” stuff is older than that, though it’s extremely possible that I’m wrong.

Also I think just summarizing it as “beefy supersoldier dudes” is putting too simple a spin on her shtick. Traviss is extremely in love with this idea of stoic, honorable warrior cultures that other people look upon with reverance and awe that comes across as her being way too enamored with Gurkhas, and with an unironic pseudofascist idea soldiers are a state’s only “true” citizens. You get the former with the way she wrote the Mandalorians during her stint writing Star Wars, the Pesang hill-folk (which are never seen or even mentioned in the games) in the Gears novels, and the way she wrote the Sangheli/Elites in the one Halo book I read. The latter just sort of pervades the way she writes the CoG & UNSC as being completely in the right despite all the horrid poo poo they commit; it comes across like she’s one of those people who read Starship Troopers way too many times in high school and doesn’t get that Verhoeven’s movie is meant to be satirical.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i'd swear the "the suit jacks him off" thing started as a loving dril tweet or something along those lines, not even just a faked excerpt being circulated

i know it's fake i just meant in the sense that that joke starting to circulate was the time period i was referring to

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Event Horizon is a 40k prequel because it shows what happens when you try to traverse the Warp before you invent Gellar fields

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

MH Knights posted:

Wasn't this how the original colony ships in the anime Trigun worked? Or rather stopped working when Vash and his brother came out of their "light bulbs."

mmm, sorta, i think? i don't think it's ever spelled out what, exactly, they are- aliens, or angels, or modified humans- but you're correct that the light bulbs have -things- inside them, and that Vash & Knives are the same kind of -thing-, albeit V&K are male whereas the bulbs (which are still being used as power sources by cities & towns) are female.

mind you, i only ever watched the anime, and it was several years ago, so maybe take my recollection with a grain of salt.

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 14, 2023

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

poo poo, man, if they wanted to make a good Jurassic World movie they should have just gone whole-hog in on the kind of poo poo they had in those toys in '93. Do a movie where Jeff Goldblum or whoever has to track down or escape from dinosaurs with a loving glider jetpack. Have the big shoulder-mounted cattle prods. Drive the absurd trucks and jeeps with monster-truck tires. You're making a Jurassic Park sequel 20 years after the fact, don't act like you're above dumb crap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Only Kindness posted:

Is the upcoming Apes movie a continuation from the last three, or some new thing?

a continuation. one of the trailers has mentioned humans losing the ability to speak, which came up as a plot point in War