Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

Tars make a new OP for every page snipe

Unless its an Andy Warhol thing where the second page has it in italics, third in all bold, etc. don't do it. The OP is already nice enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

got em

I will say Bullet Train to me was a tryhard attempt at a Guy Ritchie movie

which is to say Guy Ritchie making a movie now

It was an attempt at Smoking Aces 3 as far as I am concerned. Better than 2 at least...

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Shageletic posted:

There's a sequel to Smoking Aces? Which has weirdly good parts in all the noise.

Yeah, uh it isn't very good. My memory of smoking aces is about 30 minutes of unavoidable setup, 30 minutes of a good and interesting movie, 30 minutes of dull FBI drama/twist, 15 minutes of timewasting with Ben's bail bondsmen plot. Maybe 15 minutes of good stuff in the second one, including the hillbillies raiding the circus. And the end of movie stinger's stinger. The cast isn't bad but the budget and script isn't there in my opinion.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I don't think it works for this year, but that list of movies coming out gave me an idea for the title next year: "Pentaquel Summoning Unsuccessful" I don't know why the list used triquel and tetraquel but if you follow it to its logical conclusion...

I'm seeing a lot less movies this year with the death of physical netflix.

Edit: Cocaine Bear was one of the last physical netflix I watched, it was funny.

D&D movie better than expected.

Dial of Destiny mysteriously devoid of "Roman Salute" joke.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 2, 2024

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Shageletic posted:

Haven't seen it! Is it worth watching?

Did you see Smoking Aces? If no watch that instead.

Did you like the aforementioned?

Yes: see Bullet Train instead of Smoking Aces 2.

No: Don't see Bullet Train.

And put me down for thinking that the bit with the single shot of French countryside turning into a quagmire was good. As was the one with the improbably large pile of artillery casings. Shame about the rest of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I really love the idea of PLANET OF THE APES being like this staid, venerable sci-fi franchise. It's certainly earned it.

??? You already lived in a world where PLANET OF THE APES was a staid, venerable sci-fi franchise. Having the Statue of Liberty show up in a scene is still the quickest way of telling an audience the scene is set in earth's future. It's like two venerable sci-fi franchises now. All of the new movies being decent is a nice change of pace, I'll admit.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 1, 2024