Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Mystery Men is already an origin story. They literally have a casting call to build the team.

God I’d love a good sequel though. Still holds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

he's just the new Rock. in 10 years everyone will be sick of him just like everybody who ten years ago loved The Rock is sick of him now.

nah, the guy loves acting. The Rock loves building a brand. Very different dudes.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

FlamingLiberal posted:

I remember the Rhino scene being incredible

Once I and like 30 devs were in a meeting with a google account manager, and like 10 of us had our own private slack channel. It was a very boring presentation so we started posting funny gifs. Then someone posted the Ace is birthed scene and, to a person, we lost it. Of course, being polite types, we tried to hold it back but it was one of those things where I could see someone ahead of me trying to hold in laughter, and their shoulders shaking set me off, and round and round it went. And once you stopped, you look back at your laptop and see it looping again, and the whole process repeats. I was crying with laughter and trying to keep it restrained, but literally 3 waves of this epidemic went around the room.

Poor bastard up front must have been so uneasy.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
O’Neal also had his essential insincerity used well in The Zero Effect. Underrated movie

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I really hope there’s no Hawaiian stuff because that feels like a Burton obsession stemming from his love of the fifties and Americana type stuff and I really hate that era and styling. This is also why I was unsurprised to hear his next project is a remake of attack of the 50 foot woman - another b movie type thing. Great. Please make some more interesting stuff boomer.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

DarkSol posted:

When was the last time that Burton made an actually interesting movie, honestly?

Big fish? I know he’s insanely talented and I love his sense of style/art director training he mixes in with that 50s crap from when he was a child, so I’m just hoping he does something with the former and no more of the latter.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Professor Shark posted:

I hate The Beatles

I really do. I know how much they contributed but I just can’t get into it

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

FreudianSlippers posted:

One of the late night phone calls was Kubrick telling King that he thought ghost stories were inherently optimistic because the existence of ghosts meant consciousness continued after death.

This has always been my view. I grew up reading Sagan and was interested in dispelling hoaxes, how cults work, etc. But I’ve never had the zealotry a lot of myth busters display. Ghosts are the best example, I will argue against their existence even while I hope someone could prove them real because then there is an afterlife and the primary existential dread we deal with is settled. That would be so freeing.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I just don’t understand how someone so weird can handle the day to day of surviving. His work is weird and interesting but I don’t see how he interacts with humans.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Seems like nonsense, I’m pretty sure they look up previous budget and box office first. Otherwise things would look Very different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Yes, Seinfeld is a funny guy. He labored relentlessly over Seinfeld and has good opinions when it comes to comedy by committee writing, and how much effort you have to put in to make it good.

He’s also an old guy now, times have passed him by and Seinfeld ended about 7 years before cranky old man superseded his natural sense of humor.

Unsurprisingly his partner is a genius who even getting old couldn’t stop the flow of funny. But Larry David is simply an all timer - Jerry maybe gets in the HoF after a few years of voting.

Enderzero fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 3, 2024