Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Just wait till they start scraping the barrel and do Robin Hood and Aristocats and Oliver & Company and The Great Mouse Detective and The Black Cauldron

Edit: Sword in the Stone, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound... They've got a lot of lovely runway left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Vandar posted:

I am incredibly glad that the King of the Hill revival is seemingly dead. I don't even want to imagine what Dale Gribble in the year 2023 would be like.

Do you know something more recent than the show being ordered by Hulu on January 31? That's the last I'd heard about it.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
He got madder and madder that Moana viewers couldn't see his actual biceps on screen

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
The best Godzilla movie of the 21st century is the KOTM trailer.
The worst one is KOTM.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Clearly they learned nothing from the failures of way too late sequels like Zoolander 2

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1651675937103118336?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Impressed they got Vince Vaughn back. He's such a big draw

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

The Jungle Book and Dumbo remakes both did enough of their own thing for me to consider them to be good. But I don’t see them learning any positive lessons there. They’re just going to plow ahead with these until they stop making money.

I'm with you inasmuch as Dumbo did a lot of its own thing.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Sailor Stars but with drift racing

..... Go on

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

joylessdivision posted:

What does your heart (and by heart I mean capitalism + the last decade of CU bullshit) tell you?

based on the last decade of CU bullshit, it tells me that the studio will be extremely excited to start a cinematic universe, and it will announce tons of projects, and it will have the stars pose in an extremely awkward photo together, before multiple directors wash out of every film because of creative differences. Disappointing returns on the next Transformers movie after this one will reveal the public's utter lack of enthusiasm for the idea, and all the remaining projects will be silently canceled. Todd Phillips will direct a gritty 70s period piece G.I. Joe that liberally borrows from The Deer Hunter

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I've always wondered if I could star in a movie. Maybe I'll wander out to LA and scab my way to stardom

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

i mean look at david z and max

they don't even wanna greenlight the poo poo they already own

They don't wanna greenlight the poo poo they've already MADE

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Amazon sucks for not continuing Alpha House

The Tick, you mean

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The Tick was insanely expensive, it was one of the most expensive shows to make of all time, so it was actually understandable about why it was cancelled.

Yeah but I wanted to see more of it

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
One of the worst things about the Fudderwacken is that the dance was performed by the dancer behind of the original hyper-viral videos, which I loved for many years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUz4OLQi_uw

Then they took him and costumed him and edited around him and obscured him with CGI to the extent that you can't even appreciate the insane ways he moves and it all just looks like utter trash

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

We've never had Grandma Superman before, have we?

Superman: At Earth's End gave us Grandpa Superman (among many other things) so they've already got that angle covered.

That's Goku

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'd only seen clips and trailers for Wish on my phone until just now. On a small screen, I couldn't even see the linework and thought it just looked cheap and plain, rather than an attempt to capture a watercolor style.

But there's no defending the bland design, lighting, and color. Some shots just look plain bad, the Queen in particular.

I just watched Coco and Encanto with my kids, so I guess this was always destined to look like a huge turd in comparison. I see that this is co-directed by one of the co-directors of Frozen 1 and 2, which suffer from a similar blandness problem

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Hunt has a wife who he will not cheat on even if she thinks he's dead and has already moved on!!!

Somebody needs to rewatch Fallout

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Give me J. Jonah Jameson Spotlight. Play it straight

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who are we talking about that was a neo Nazi

Shockingly, Tina Turner

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

dr_rat posted:

That sure was a beetlejuice teaser.

You really think studios would of gotten bored with the 'slow down remix of classic song' by now. Pretty sure audiences have.

They get one extremely shaky bonus point for the song being diegetic in the film, at least.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

I have video thumbnails off and I was delighted to find that this was exactly what I'd hoped it was

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Areala is merely the latest victim of goon lowercase-A blindness

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
"it's Shakespeare!" contends man directing prequel to Shakespeare adaptation

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Baby's First or not, I have no problem with someone saying The Lion King is Shakespeare. The problem is, this isn't The Lion King. This is Disney's The Lion King: Young King Mufasa Rising: Origins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm shocked to see this latest entry in the "Rock/Ryan Reynolds/Chris Evans streaming pile of trash, often with a two word name and a color" cinematic universe have trouble