Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

2022 was not the return to normalcy the box office craved, but there was plenty of fun times both good and bad. The King returned, and by that I mean Tom Cruise flying a plane, which just dominated the US box office in a way not seen since most of us were using Trapper Keepers.

James Cameron continued his box office domination with another adventure of Smurfs In Space: The Last Airbender, which at the time of writing was carving it's way through the worldwide box office and was the biggest release of 2022, knocking our friend Tom Cruise to second place. The eventual totals and any major problems with COVID causing Chinese box office chaos will have to wait until next year's OP, but keep reading the thread to experience it as it happens.

Marvel had some divisive films, from the Black Panther sequel that had to deal with the unexpected death of the lead actor before production began, to Disney loosening the reins and letting Sam Raimi direct a Raimi movie in Marvel clothing. And whatever that Thor movie was. Not that it mattered, they all made a bajillion dollers without even counting merchandise. This was before China said that Marvel was welcome to return to their theaters, the movies having been banned for several years for reasons never directly stated. Disney needs the money, they can only afford twelve ivory backscratchers this year! It's true, they are cutting jobs. The Minions returned so your parents could post more memes on Facebook, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was a kaiju film, Elvis was weird, everyone got horny for Catwoman (again), and people watched an Indian film in theaters. The last one I am grateful for not just for the fact a cool film from a cool director was popular, but because people might get exposed to the concept of intermissions again!

Box Office Notable Films:

Morbius - It was definitely NOT Morbin' Time in 2022 for Jared Leto's no-Spider-Man Spider-Man spin off, but that didn't stop the morbin' memes from making the internet rounds. The memes became so popular, someone at Sony taking a break from a cocaine bender noticed them and thought the movie was somehow a cult classic, and greenlightninged a rerelease. Which made no money. Looks like they got morbed twice in one year!

Uncharted - Remember when Uncharted was in theaters? Of course you do, no reason to go on about Uncharted, a movie that was released in 2022 for sure and not just a vague dream you had that vanished into the air upon your awakening.

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets Of Dumbledore - The secret of Dumbledore was how bad could everyone spoil the cash cow that was Harry Potter? From Just Kidding Rowling waggling her wand all over twitter attacking the trans community to a hesitant studio afraid to say gay for the title character (who isn't even who this series was supposed to be about!) to Johnny Depp being dropped from the villain role to Ezra Miller also existing in this movie franchise, there is a curse upon these fantastic beasts. Luckily the script is...also cursed. And it contains potassium benzoate.

Amsterdam - I wasn't expecting David O. Russell's latest to be on every worst movies of the year lists, but it was and the critics were having a grand old time bashing it to pieces. Confused, I asked this very thread community, and goons chimed in that it was bad, but mostly because it was boring.

Firestarter - Did you know they remade Firestarter? Now you have been reminded. It was boring and pointless, just watch the Drew Berrymore version if you need a pyro fix. I hope Zac Efron saved the money for an emergency fund so he doesn't have to do movies like Firestarter again.

Three Thousand Years of Longing - More like three thousand years of longing to go to the bathroom! Wait, this joke was supposed to be in the Avatar 2 section... This is what happens when you don't proof read! This film was about a djinn played by Irdis Elba who tells stories to Tilda Swinton and is directed by George Miller, except that it's just boring. It totally blew Miller's run of great films. Luckily we have a Mad Max spin off coming up, we should be back on track soon enough.

The 355 - Jessica Chastain was like "What if the ladies were spies too?" and then produced this film with a bunch of lady spies doing lady spy things. Which relied too heavily on lady spies being known actresses instead of having a good script. When your movie twist concept was already parodied by season two of The Boys before it ever existed, that's not a good sign.

The King's Daughter - a film from 2015 that was shelved until it was dumped on the world in 2022. What did the world ever do to you, Paramount? But maybe this will bring about a new concept of time capsule films where they just unearth unreleased films every 7-10 years.

RRR - RRR is a special movie, one that finally kicked a lot of genre fans into realizing that India makes movies, gave S. S. Rajamouli some recognition in the West beyond a few cool movie fans like myself, and features lots of amazing action as heroes fight against colonial oppressors. Anything that gets Rajamouli more money to make awesome films is a win.

VOD/Streaming Hall of Shame:

Bruce Willis was revealed to be suffering from aphasia and immediately retired from acting. There had been rumors for years (often posted in these very threads) that something was amiss so it wasn't too surprising, but still tragic. However, either Willis's management or unscrupulous producers (or Willis himself trying to get a last bit of cash) managed to get him in a ton of direct to Redbox/streaming/whatever movies where he has a tiny fraction of screen time, a body double has a bit more, and the rest is just a mess of washed up actors and guns. There are enough of these films in the can Willis will probably have new releases for the next decade, and he'll make a whole $5 from them all!

Hocus Pocus 2: Hoker Poker - Hocus Pocus 2 was so bad it unleashed hell upon the children of America. Worse then that, it didn't drive more subscribers to Disney+!

The Bubble - What if we made a movie about making a movie in the pandemic in the pandemic? Also it is about cancel culture or something? Created by Judd Apatow? Why is everyone running away? That's what audiences did, and no one bothered to see the direct to streaming The Bubble except a couple of the moms of the actors. But not all the moms. Some of them have bad moms... One of the biggest wastes of an all star cast of the year, stuffing them all in something that forgot to be funny or entertaining.

Home Team - If you were ever Team Jacob, you'll feel like the kids in the last half of this trailer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xppbyXSxPlo

Pinocchio - Disney+ and Robert Zemeckis gave us Tom Hanks as Geppetto. It was a thing that existed, good enough to barely get mentioned on any year end lists. They even neutered this film to take out most of anything interesting. But Pinocchio is our last hope. No, there is another...

Pinocchio - Pauly Shore IS Pinocchio! This movie was totally great ::hides rapidly growing nose::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ArXSwALDU

No, there is another....

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio - Finally a good Pinocchio, and I can say that without my nose getting big. It did go almost straight to NetFlix but that's the price we pay in this modern world...

Batgirl - The most famous of the almost finished but not released films that were announced as never seeing the light of day by Warner Brothers Discovery after the two companies merged and CEO David Zaslav decided that he hated you. Supposedly they can write off the entire movie as long as it never gets released, which means more money than if they released it and made money. This is why everyone hates Hollywood accounting. This was a streaming film, but it was going to be a big one, with Michael Keaton returning as Batman, J. K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon, Brendan Fraser as Firefly, the introduction of Supergirl, rumored other new characters showing up, and Batgirl actress Leslie Grace in talks to make a sequel and other appearances as Batgirl. In addition to Batgirl, Scoob! Holiday Haunt, a sequel to the boring Scooby-Doo prequel that ignored canon and featured voice actors who aren't the actors who have been playing the roles for decades, was also cancelled. That film was reportedly completely finished. Time to make a movie about stealing these movies! Which will probably be more interesting than both of these movies combined, but that's besides the point...

The Mean One - The Grinch with the serial numbers lightly filed is now a horror movie. The horror is the movie itself, not what happens in the movie. This beat the public domain Winnie the Pooh is a murderer movie to a release, which just shows that, um. I'm not sure what it shows, but it's time to fund my horror version of the Teletubbies. It's called the Teletubbies.

Amnityville Madness - At some point, producers realized that the Amnityville name is something that anyone can use and it is near the beginning of the alphabet which is good for digital listings of movies, thus there were 99 bajillion cheap horror films with Amnityville in the title. I can't guarantee there isn't an actual movie called Amnityville Madness. At least we got some good posters...

Don't worry, it sucks!

Coming 2023, 2024, or whenever...delays gonna delay

80 for Brady - Women love Tom Brady, now in movie form. Please call your mom before this happens to her. More people saw this movie opening weekend than the number one film, but because they were all old people who had senior discounts and went to matinees it opened second.

Cocaine Bear - Elizabeth Banks directs what might be the movie of the year, a fictionalized version of the story of a bear that ate some cocaine and died. Now it rampages through the countryside! Ray Liotta's last(?) film.

Barbie - Forget what I just said, this will be the movie of the year. Barbie forever, baby!

Indiana Jones 5: So Very Tired - A trailer full of digitally de-aged Indiana Jones isn't enough to make me want to watch this after the disaster that was Indiana Jones 4. Okay, maybe I am a little curious about this film.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves - I got distracted by the whole Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast Open Gaming License PR disaster that I forgot that this new movie starring Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez looks pretty fun.

Legally Blonde 3 - I hope this finally comes out before I forget I already made a joke about there being a third Legally Blonde movie that was direct to video in every prior thread OP since it was announced.

Fast & Furious 10 & 11 - What was once a killer franchise has put on the brakes as the egos are what is flying fast and furious. From Vin Diesel driving away The Rock to Tyrese having some sort of social media meltdown to the director Justin Lin bailing because he was tired of the problems, things just aren't going their way.

Renfield - Nicholas Hoult is Renfield but more importantly, Nicolas Cage is Dracula. Also Awkwafina is in it, and Herman's Head himself William Ragsdale as well, but Nic Cage is Dracula!! Nic Cage is Dracula!!!

Oppenheimer - Christopher Nolan angrily switched production companies and got every good actor on the planet to star in Oppenheimer, so I hope it's good, because it would sure be embarassing if it wasn't...

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts - The robots now turn into animal robots and things continue to blow up. The original cartoon was fun to watch when I was in college. Put in Battle Beasts, you cowards!

The Flash - Despite all the problems with Ezra Miller doing a speed run to destroy their career, Warner Brothers Discovery CEO David Zaslav is banking a lot on this film. Zaslav has made a bunch of questionable decisions since the merger, and this might be the biggest one of them all. If you want to overlook the obvious problems, it features Michael Keaton returning as Batman and possibly some other cameos from DC heroes old and new. Not that any of it matters, because they are redoing the entire DC movieverse so lol just lol.

Rust - yes, they are trying to continue with the film where Alec Baldwin discharged a loaded gun and someone died. He's also being charged with involuntary manslaughter, which may delay the resumption of filming. So, uh, reserve your seats now?

Franchise Mania - Please enjoy these sequels and remakes, some of which may be good, which I'm listing here because they don't really need an explanation - John Wick: Chapter 4, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning - Part One, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem, The Meg 2: The Trench, Creed 3, Scream 6, Ant-Man 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, The Marvels, Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, Evil Dead Rise, Gran Turismo, Haunted Mansion, Blue Beetle, The Equalizer 3, The Nun 2, The Expendables 4, Saw 10, The Exorcist, Dunc 2: Dunc City Nights, The Hunger Games Prequel, Trolls 3, Paw Patrol becomes super heroes, Wonka, Ghostbusters 5, and probably more things I forgot to add because this list is too long already!

Movie cereal box picture of the year:
This year we have TWO cereal boxes, and you can vote for which one is the most Greenlighted Cereal!

First up is Tony the Tiger gone Na'vi! Because crushing capitalism is Grrrrr-eat!

Next up is the obvious movie connection of talking bunnies and people eating dinosaurs, with Trix Trax! Don't worry, there are marshmallows

thanks to davidspackage's for the joke that made the thread title.

Prior threads:
2020 & 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Sirotan posted:

Uhhhhhh, wow. I had assumed this movie was deader than Batgirl.

I had hoped but I guess producers want to get $$$ especially if they are going to lose a lot of money in lawsuits over the movie. I had heard they were at least hiring proper crew now, you know, the thing they didn't do before that helped cause conditions that lead to the tragedy.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How would it though? Wasn’t it only ever screened the one time to cast and crew?

Unless I’m mistaken, the whole reason they’re able to shelve it for tax reasons is that it effectively can’t be shown anywhere ever for any reason.

I think James Gunn also saw it so there is at least a workprint around, but it will probably have to get stolen to get a release because otherwise it will cost them their tax writeoff. Granted plenty of workprints have been stolen in the past...

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Another cancelled movie victim of WB/Discovery tax shenanigans, the Scooby-Doo direct to video movie Haunted High Rise is no more. It is a sequel to Trick or Treat, Scooby-Doo!, which was from 2022 and was the one where Velma was a lesbian. Haunted High Rise would have also featured the Hex Girls, who first showed up in Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost and became a cult favorite

quote:

"I think the Haunted High Rise was even funnier than the first, because we had the Hex Girls, and new songs, and we pulled out all the stops," Gair told the podcast. "We had motorcycle chases throughout the hallways. Joe called me and said, 'Has the studio been in touch with you?' And I said no. I think this was the beginning of October, and he said, 'Oh, well somebody should be reaching out to you, I'm afraid it got shelved and it's a financial decision and I think Warner Bros. is getting a tax credit for shelving it and canceling it, so it's dead dead dead, I think because of the merger with Discovery.' They just took a look at everything that was going to be going into streaming, everything that was going to be going into HBO Max, and just drew a red line through everything, figured out how much they spent. Do you know, the saddest part is it would've cost the same to shelve it as it would to make it, because it was already lock picture and in animation. That was another reason for them doing the two movies back-to-back because they had an animation studio they could be feeding work to. It seems so sad, since it's already so close, but I do not understand the politics or how financial decisions at Warner Bros. get made, but I don't think they're going to resuscitate this. My producer keeps saying he doesn't think it's going to come back to life. But, maybe, who knows? It was locked picture, all dialogue, songs were recorded, it was ready for animation."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/another-scooby-doo-movie-with-hex-girls-canceled-by-wb-despite-being-deep-into-production/

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

He is definitely playing Fred Flintstone

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Alan Smithee posted:

Reviews for blood and honey look like dogshit but I could have told you that. Probably gonna make it’s money back tenfold since horror fans will watch anyThing

Iirc it already had a release in Mexico and made a profit already

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The Lords will be Ringing again

quote:

Warner Bros. Pictures is revamping the “Lord of the Rings” film franchise.

On a Thursday earnings call, Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav announced that newly-installed studio leaders Mike De Luca and Pam Abdy have brokered a deal to make “multiple” films based on the beloved J. R. R. Tolkien books. The projects will be developed through WB label New Line Cinema. The first “Lord of the Rings” trilogy, helmed by Peter Jackson, grossed nearly $3 billion worldwide; Jackson’s follow-up trilogy based on Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” matched those grosses.

No filmmakers have been attached to the projects as yet, but in a statement to Variety, Jackson and his main “Lord of the Rings” collaborators Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens said Warner Bros. and Embracer “have kept us in the loop every step of the way.”

“We look forward to speaking with them further to hear their vision for the franchise moving forward,” Jackson, Walsh and Boyens said.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/lord-of-the-rings-new-movies-warner-bros-1235533672/

Love these vague announcements of franchise movies

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The boat came back

"Turns out in the Undying Lands, there's no one to kill!" Gimli and Legolas draw weapons and leap at the Neo-Orcs

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Even after Morgoth, there is still the Mostgoth...

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Children of the Corn but it's the Corn Kid telling everyone about how awesome corn is but earns the wrath of Big Wheat

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

That's different from the series that was going to go along with the movie, right?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Seth Rogan's TMNT cast:

quote:

Voicing the Heroes in a Half Shell are young actors Micah Abbey (Meet the Voxels) as Donatello, Nicolas Cantu (The Fablemans) as Leonardo, Shamon Brown Jr. (The Chi) as Michelangelo, and Brady Noon (The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers) as Raphael. Jackie Chan will be voicing Master Splinter, and Ayo Edebiri (The Bear) will portray their longtime human ally April O’Neil.

In the new film, the Turtles have been saving New York for years and yearn to be recognized for their deeds. When they and April go after a new crime syndicate that’s popped up in the city, things get out of hand when mutants emerge in the city and start wreaking...well, mayhem. Naturally, it falls to them to fix it.

The mutants the Turtles will go up against will be a collection of characters from TMNT history. Inhabiting those roles are Hannibal Burress as Genghis Frog, Rose Byrne as Leatherhead, Natasia Demetriou as Wingnut, Paul Rudd as Mondo Gecko, Maya Rudolph as Cynthia Utrom, Post Malone as Ray Fillet, Ice Cube as Superfly (who appears to be an original creation for the film), Giancarlo Esposito as Baxter Stockman, Seth Rogen as Bebop, and John Cena as Rocksteady.

Trailer on Monday

https://gizmodo.com/tmnt-mutant-mayhem-cast-reveals-1850189449

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

People seem to think that Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 on April 7-10 will announce a new movie due to the wording of a sentence but I don't know. But then this movie news dropped so maybe?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

I honestly am totally down for big casted remakes of weird cult movies as long as they follow the script/shooting style as exact as possible

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I haven’t heard anything about this, but this news extremely sucks.

Zach Galifianakis has been cast....in a mystery role!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Wow, Amélie Poulain was a KGB spy! This is from the director so it is canon and no takebacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB_lTTxYSsg

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Black Hole I remember watching as a tiny child at a drive-in theater. Was sad when Old B.O.B died. I didn't remember anything else about it for years until I watched it like 15 years ago and dug it despite it being way slow compared to modern film. Awesome aesthetics that look even better now in the age of CGI grey goo. There was a comic book series that did additional stories after they went through the black hole (uh, spoilers!) but I never read them even though I think there are scans online now.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Final Renfield trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICydLkeXq3w

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

We are getting both a Good Burger sequel and a potential Mystery Men sequel/prequel something. Yes, Kenan Thompson is returning for Good Burger 2 and yes it will be streaming on Paramount+ as part of the Paramount/Nickelodeon ongoing deals

quote:

Kel Mitchell is serving up a Good Burger sequel for Nickelodeon and Paramount+, but there's another famous role the actor wants audiences to see again: Invisible Boy. 1999's Mystery Men assembled a ragtag team of superhero wannabes — the raging Mr. Furious (Ben Stiller), the fork-flinging Blue Raja (Hank Azaria), the deep-digging Shoveler (William H. Macy), the bowling ball-wielding Bowler (Janeane Garofalo), the flatulent Spleen (Paul Reubens), the philosophical Sphinx (Wes Studi), and the super-shy Invisible Boy (Mitchell) — to save Champion City superhero Captain Amazing (Greg Kinnear) from Casanova Frankenstein (Geoffrey Rush) and his disco-dancing henchmen.

The Kinka Usher-directed comedy bombed at the box office — grossing just $33.5 million worldwide against a budget of $68 million — but became a cult favorite. Nearly 25 years later, Mitchell has a "fun idea" re-assembling the super-team that went from zeroes to heroes.

"Shout out to Mystery Men. Shout out to Ben Stiller, Hank Azaria, Janeane Garofalo. Such a great film," Mitchell told ComicBook's Chris Killian at Connecticut's 90s Con, adding fans have been asking for a Mystery Men 2.

"I want it. I've asked Hank Azaria about it," the Kenan & Kel and All That star said. "I've got a fun idea for that one, too. We're gonna be talking to Ben about that." Asked to reveal his mysterious idea for the Mystery Men sequel, Mitchell teased, "Let's just say 'origin story.' You know, we were the first superhero team-up before The Avengers and all those [superhero movies] started doing that."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/kel-mitchell-mystery-men-2-sequel-pitch-interview-exclusive/

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The Flash has been rated PG-13 for

quote:

sequences of violence and action, some strong language and partial nudity.

Yes, it looks like we will get flashed by The Flash

https://www.filmratings.com/search?filmTitle=The%20Flash

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Gamera is back in animated mini series form

https://twitter.com/gamera_rebirth/status/1638707139740061697

quote:

In the summer of 1989, in the 6th grade of elementary school — Boko, Joe, and Junichi. Elementary school students’ last summer vacation was welcoming in each heart, but vague anxiety about the future. In front of such three people, the son of U.S. Forces Japan Commander, Brody appeared. The cash that the three of them saved, Brody takes away. Angry boys, to get the money back, plan a strategy. When they tried to carry out the operation, a crisis comes to the town. Monster Gyaos suddenly attacks Tokyo. Four people standing in a ruined town. When Gyaos aimed at them, a giant monster appears. Its name is Gamera. It was the beginning of “Monster Summer.” Monsters appear one after another. Gamera fights even though he is injured. And the boys witness the legend.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Robert Downey Jr. is....remaking Vertigo?

https://deadline.com/2023/03/vertig...ney-1235308636/

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S1oRHIpV3w
Rally Road Racers starring Jimmy O. Yang, J.K. Simmons, Chloe Bennet, Lisa Lu, Sharon Horgan, Catherine Tate, and John Cleese

quote:

Zhi, a rookie race car driver, gets the opportunity to compete against the reigning champion of the rally car circuit. With help from a former driver-turned-mechanic, Zhi must overcome treacherous terrain, rival racers, and unexpected obstacles to prove he has what it takes to be the next great racer.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Amazon acquired MGM's catalogue a while back and is now in full on expansion mode with directly announcing they want to develop projects around a dozen properties.

quote:

Each title is being approached differently — some are being steered toward film, some toward TV and some big ones are getting both movie and TV treatment.

For instance, Amazon Studios is in active early conversation on Legally Blonde, both for a movie and a potential TV series, sources said. There already had been on and off efforts to get a third Legally Blonde film off the ground for the past five years.

Amazon has similar plans for Stargate. We hear both film and TV installments are considered, with a movie likely going first.

Robocop also is being talked about for both film and TV, with a TV show possibly first, Deadline hears.

Additionally, Amazon Studios is actively developing TV series based on Fame, Barbershop and The Magnificent Seven, sources said.

There are also discussions about a Thomas Crown Affair movie as well as a Pink Panther movie, which could be animated, sources said. A Poltergeist project also is a possibility down the road, we hear.

Deadline already revealed plans for a Creed universe spanning film and TV, which Amazon Studios has been discussing with franchise star and filmmaker Michael B. Jordan. The studio also just made a first-look deal with Sylvester Stallone and his Balboa Productions for film and TV projects. we hear expanding the Rocky brand into television may be part of it.

There are currently no plans for other James Bond series beyond the unscripted competition series announced shortly after Amazon’s acquisition of MGM closed as the franchise producers are focused on figuring out the next film installment.

https://deadline.com/2023/04/robocop-stargate-legally-blonde-barbershop-in-works-film-tv-amazon-mgm-ip-1235243057/

The future is slightly different versions of the same stuff....forever

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A poltergeist walks into a barbershop and Robocop is there spitting the truth

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Don't worry, he died for the crime of daring to be free

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

More Godzilla and King Kong, who are also both nude

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

quote:

This latest entry in the Monsterverse franchise follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging
their very existence—and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins, and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

KxG2
stars Dan Stevens, Fala Chen, and Rachel House

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Jenny Slate is exec producing and starring in a movie about a haunted app called Mindful

quote:

In Mindful, when her husband shockingly dies while meditating on the Mindful app, Angela (Slate), deeply suspicious of the new wellness craze, uncovers supernatural forces that have fused with the technology. As the app’s popularity spreads like wildfire, she is forced to confront her own demons and dive into a terrifying ‘out of body’ experience in order to save the ones she loves.

Perry Blackshear (They Look Like People) will direct from a script by Emmy, Golden Globe and Writers Guild award winner Les Bohem, who wrote — and exec-produced with Steven Spielberg — SyFi Channel miniseries Taken. Tracey Nyberg (You’re Place Or Mine) will produce, with Aggregate Films executive-producing.

https://deadline.com/2023/04/jenny-slate-venom-everything-everywhere-horror-movie-mindful-app-1235330588/

lol that it's called Mindful as that's one of the current in buzzwords for new age stuff at the moment, I'm sure people will be mad

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The new Ghostbusters sequel has set photos and Walter Peck is back

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Casimir Radon posted:

I have a hard time believing they’re going to turn around an effects heavy movie by Christmas when they just started filming last month.

The writers' strike in a week might be why they are filming now and will burn out more artists with overtime later

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

That bear has a good agent and they CGIed out both of his bald spots

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Argus Zant posted:

The ideal Metroid adaptation already exists; it’s called “Season 1 of The Mandalorian”

it’s even got Werner Herzog!

And Taika Waititi to bring these conversations full spiral

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Babylon 5 is back in animated movie form

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1653799076641779712

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Jenna Ortega is becoming every 90s goth kid combined into one super goth

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

After Fast X we will get Fast XI and then, maybe Fast XII?!? The actors ran away instead of confirming so lol

https://gizmodo.com/fast-x-fast-furious-final-trilogy-vin-diesel-universal-1850433364

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Five Nights At Freddy's teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-zqS2CiZqw

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Literally the Nic Cage "version" was advertised in my sidebar to watch on youtube when I went there to get the link to the Freddy's trailer lol

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Did not realize there were three of these now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8JD139mHIk

Ugh awful news, he was awesome in everything he was in and game for fun stuff like playing the Punisher again in a kid's cartoon

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

live-action Minecraft movie now stars Jason Momoa and Matt Berry

https://deadline.com/2023/05/minecraft-matt-berry-jason-momoa-warner-bros-1235370880/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Max (the new combo app from HBOMax/Discovery+) lumped writers and directors as "creators", everyone got mad (especially striking unions), and now they are backtracking and throwing their tech people under the bus. Also I've heard the new app is awful and crashes constantly.

quote:

Warner Bros. Discovery’s newly launched Max lumped film directors and writers under a single “creators” heading — a change that prompted a backlash from filmmakers and Hollywood’s directors and writers guilds. Now the company says it is reverting the listings back to how they were presented on HBO Max, blaming the issue on a technical “oversight.”

“We agree that the talent behind the content on Max deserve their work to be properly recognized,” a Max spokesperson said in a statement to Variety. “We will correct the credits, which were altered due to an oversight in the technical transition from HBO Max to Max and we apologize for this mistake.”
https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/max-film-credit-listings-change-directors-writers-backlash-1235624049/