Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Even though the YA craze has passed, I'm still surprised there was never a mid or better budget version of The White Mountains. Seemed like everyone I knew in the 90's had read the books at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Alexey Pajitnov designed tetris, wtf

We're currently not friends with Russia, so we'll be whitewashing it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Hellboy should be a show, basically just X-Files but with a big red demon with a stone hand.

:yeah:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Dragonslayer is the best D&D movie :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

For once I just want the stakes of one of these fantasy properties to be about stealing a treasure or killing a big skeleton guy in a dungeon. I guess that just doesn't feel "epic" enough to justify a movie in the eyes of some studio executive, but it's way closer to what an average D&D campaign's story and scope is.

You know, I agree with this, it's not even a fantasy thing either. Everything these days needs to be a big epic that leads to several sequels. It would be nice to have a "small" self-contained story, without a sequel hook.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Just give me a brand new 80's style sword and sandals movie, that's all I want

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
A real-world retelling of Lord of The Rings, set in 1995 Minnesota.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Asterite34 posted:

They already made that, it was called Jingle All the Way

I don't remember Frodo flying around on a jet pack

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I stopped watching Bullet Train right after the two hitmen Tangerine and Lemon tell their story with the kill counter. I felt like I got the whole thing.

It's not a good movie TBH, but it's dumb fun IMHO

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Martman posted:

He just looks like he's in terrible pain to me lol

So, it's a sequel to Life?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Failed Imagineer posted:

I wonder do these guys get worked up about Red from Shawshank Redemption being played by Morgan Freeman - they even reference it in the movie when Freeman has the line "Maybe it's because I'm Irish"!

None of them read the book :ssh:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gatts posted:

Best thing Disney+ has is their original classic animation and Nat Geo

You've misspelled "The Orville" in a strange and unusual way

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Enos Cabell posted:

Vast of Night did a great job of conjuring up the feeling of listening to Art Bell while driving late at night for me.

Unless you mean an Art Bell biopic, that would rule.

I never really had experience with Art Bell, but I have fond memories of the early 00's, and listening to George Noory on the night shift. It really did help pass the the quiet hours of midnight to 4am.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
There's always Bigfoot, who apparently is interdimensional, per that one expert I heard on C2CAM that one time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ruddiger posted:

I love that after Breaking Bad got big, one of the first things Vince Gilligan did was host a block of classic television on MeTV.

I'm pretty sure, that despite the name, he had nothing to do with Gilligan's Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm that one guy who watched Ghosted and enjoyed it