Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Rageaholic posted:

Posting in the new thread before Driftingmouse lol

I saw an article earlier that production on Rust is resuming and I couldn't believe it. Incredibly cursed movie.

He'll be a bit, gotta calm down after nearly stroking out upon finding the new thread.

Batgirl I fully expect to eventually get released through backchannels by somebody, but probably not for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGann
May 19, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How would it though? Wasn’t it only ever screened the one time to cast and crew?

Unless I’m mistaken, the whole reason they’re able to shelve it for tax reasons is that it effectively can’t be shown anywhere ever for any reason.

Tars Tarkas posted:

I had hoped but I guess producers want to get $$$ especially if they are going to lose a lot of money in lawsuits over the movie. I had heard they were at least hiring proper crew now, you know, the thing they didn't do before that helped cause conditions that lead to the tragedy.

I think James Gunn also saw it so there is at least a workprint around, but it will probably have to get stolen to get a release because otherwise it will cost them their tax writeoff. Granted plenty of workprints have been stolen in the past...

Yeah, I assume since there were some screenings, which means it at least exchanged hands some and they knew it was getting shelved, there's POSSIBLY an unaccounted for copy in someones posession. That's just me thinking I know peoples natures though and for all I know they're 100% dedicated to keeping it unseen.

Edit: One official screening but how many people wouldn't show their friends or at least watch themselves if they had the opportunity? I'm speaking entirely out of my rear end mind you.

McGann
May 19, 2003

duz posted:

I think I would've preferred the original version of massive talent where nic cage played the fan and Pedro played nic cage the actor.

Really? That concept sounds amazing and right up my alley. And I think those two could have played it off perfectly, whereas many many others would not.

Shame.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

That is a “wait for streaming” movie

Well, that's good considering it is releasing on Apple +. You've literally no other option.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You sure? The trailer has 'only in theaters this February' at the end.

I might be wrong, I swear I saw that but I'm not going to watch it again. So if I was wrong my bad 😅

McGann
May 19, 2003

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Had the best pussy noises to ever come out of a theatrical 7.1 surround presentation.

Well I know what I'll be using to test my future sound system purchases.

Throw it on the floor units and watch the sales roll in.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And the animated movie had Cage playing that role, and it was great.

The Joel McHale one? Because it's fantastic, it's a deliberate late 80s early 90s action movie with Johnny Cage acting like every Joel McHale character ever. A match made in heaven IMO, ton of fun.

The others any good?

McGann
May 19, 2003

FishingForGold posted:

Also, once the Oscars are over, make sure that the new thread for 2024 is released.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:allears:

War, war never changes...

Lol even the public domain Disney horror movies want to have a shared Universe now.

Edit whoops. Thought I was the latest reply on that one. Let's add more content here..

Pirate Jet posted:

After she had to be browbeaten into a strike, negotiated a poo poo deal that completely caved on AI and streaming residuals, and said everyone who wouldn’t vote for it was a “contrarian?” Sure, whatever.

Yeah that struck me as Hollow. But probably the best we can get these days 😑.the eyes

Who is actually paying for the razzies question I find myself asking for the first time in my entire life? I've never really thought about who profits from them. Guess I'll Google later and be disappointed further

Edit - okay that was quick, immediately found out they don't even have to watch the movies before they recommend them for razzies.

https://www.indiewire.com/features/general/why-the-razzies-are-the-worst-awards-ever-125174/

McGann fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 10, 2024

McGann
May 19, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

They had the great timing to make a separate category for those straight to streaming cash-in movies Bruce Willis was doing right before news of his aphasia diagnosis came out.

At least they walked this back and I believe did similar when they were picking on the under 18 crowd.

But seriously, should've never made it past the meeting where it was presented as an option. Too mean spirited.

Professor Shark posted:

Kubrick’s misunderstanding (?) of his own ending of that movie really bugged me after reading about it.

Never heard this, can you clarify? Not very up on my Kubrick trivia

McGann
May 19, 2003

trevorreznik posted:

Hundreds of Beavers is fantastic and I'm praying it gets a wide streaming release somehow

Alamo is showing it, and I was hesitantly interested because of the concept. And now that I've seen even the slightest hint of praise, I'm all in

Actually, re subscribing to Alamo pass for this months offerings. The 1994 anniversary stuff alone is worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGann
May 19, 2003

Samovar posted:

Is he re-releasing the Postman?

I wish.

At least give me an Alamo screening or something, I feel like I'm the only person who love this movie.

Edit now I'm just sitting here brainstorming what scene of Kevin Costner they're going to use and tell me to silence my devices and not talk or text