Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pajitnov is in the trailer as the creator of the game, that's just a bad headline from IGN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

No one would see these weird racist Ninja Turtle tweets if thousands of people weren't sharing them to dunk on them

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Menu and Flux Gourmet make a really good dark comedy double feature

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Failed Imagineer posted:

Flux Gourmet was so much better than The Menu that it wouldn't withstand the comparison. gently caress Peter Strickland is so good

They're both wonderful

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

joylessdivision posted:

I honestly can't believe this thing has any legs left. There hasn't been a new game since the disastrous "Security Breach" two years ago and Scott got outted as a republican dipshit not long before that.

Half the students in my kid's elementary school wear FNAF stuff, somehow

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Spielberg having a couple duds in between fantastic movies isn't close to Burton's deal

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

CelticPredator posted:

John Carpenter

Although I wouldn’t mind him back

Yeah Carpenter or, as painful as it is to say, George Romero would be my picks.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I AM GRANDO posted:

Terrence Malick. I don’t know if his post-2011 films are any good, but there sure are a lot of them for a guy who used to be famous for having directed four movies over 30 years. I never hear anyone talk about them at all.

Tobe Hooper, probably. From auteur to directing tv pilots is not a great trajectory, although I think the pilot to UPN’s Nowhere Man looks very good.

Malick's modern stuff is all fine to great, even if it's lower profile. Hooper though, yeah, that's a real hard dropoff after 2000.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The talky, stuffiness of those old films is great, bring that back to movies

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The kids in my daughter's elementary school are nuts about the series, it's still a big deal even if I can't stand it

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Look at all these grandpas, drat

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

No one wrote Rise of Skywalker

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has anyone actually watched all three Hobbit movies? If so, why?

Yeah and I watched the final one in the front row and I think it broke me because I thought the whole thing was really funny but no one else did

I only watched any of them because it was a big deal in my family and I wanted to make them happy

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

mycot posted:

If Snyderheads already don't care about reviews and are willing to pay twice for the real version of the movie then they kinda deserve to get milked.

It's a Netflix thing, no one's paying twice

I have no idea who this is for though, it looks like a fun movie but why would I watch a junked version now instead of just waiting?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The MSJ posted:

I think it also reflects how pessimistic people have gotten about the future. Because even the supposedly utopian Star Trek universe has basterds in the government trying to mess things up.

That's been the case since the original series

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm going to watch the bad spider people movie

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Dakota Johnson is good and I actually like that the movie really does look like trashy 2003 action schlock

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

whydirt posted:

It sucks but I also think you overestimate how much people who aren’t terminally online will know or care

Online niche horror fans are like the only audience for this movie in the first place

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It would be better if they showed no map and Garland never said a thing about the conflict than doing whatever this is

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

There's thousands of fake trailers that might as well be (and soon will be) AI generated, they're just up there to farm views from people tricked into watching them. I assume someone makes money off that somehow, I don't know how or why.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It's a character parents have fond memories of playing as kids and honestly even the worst Sonic game is better than most of the ad-targeted junk that makes up so much of kids games these days

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

It was a wild trip going to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood with someone who had never heard of Tate and only knew vague details about Manson, the whole thing ended up being a big "what the hell was that?" for her

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Everyone knows Sharon Tate died in Hollywood. What this film presupposes is... maybe she didn't?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

High Warlord Zog posted:

Just write it off for tax stuff already. No one wants these Spidermanless Spiderman films.

I want more Venoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

High Warlord Zog posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1785347791297900981

This seems like a good way to piss away all that Barbie clout

This actually seems like it rules