Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

No mention of Nope?
Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

loving lol that of all things to remake you pick Lord of the Rings, movies that caught lightning in a bottle and turned out incredible against all odds.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

galagazombie posted:

The 2020 version baffles me because The Stand is famous/infamous for having one of the most beloved, best, and most terrifying first halves in fiction, and one of the most hated, boring and cringe inducing second halves in fiction, And they decided to skip the entire first half of the book.
Speaking of Stephen King novels, I'm still annoyed about the Dark Tower movie. It's clearly a property that (imo) needs the HBO-style big budget episodic adaptation for best results, instead of whatever the mess we got was.

Although considering how awful books 5 & 6 are, maybe it's for the best that it's never made.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

joylessdivision posted:

Give it enough time and I'm sure we'll get a prestige TV adaptation at some point. I'm more surprised we didn't get a TV series while GoT was super hot.

Which reminds me I need to get finish the second book of that series. Probably should re-read Gunslinger because it's been a few years since I first read it.
2, 3, and 4 are all good, with 3 being my personal favorite and one of the reasons I think it would translate well to TV. I wish I could recommend skipping 5 and 6 because they really are dreadful, but you can't really. At least book 7 is somewhat better (it's not fantastic or anything, but alright enough and I'm also in the camp that likes the ending so there's that).

muscles like this! posted:

Mike Flanagan is doing an adaptation of The Dark Tower as a series for Amazon.
After skimming IMDB, I've seen nothing he's done, but it seems like he's generally well-regarded so here's hoping something decent comes out of it!

Zero_Grade fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 2, 2023

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The upcoming TMNT movie should just be a feature length adaptation of the superb game from last year.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I would watch all of these hypothetical movies, and also the Rifftraxes that come afterwards.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Goldfinger has the iconic DB5 while View to a Kill doesn't even rate a Bond Car, so clear winner there.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Cael posted:

I've been meaning to revisit it because it seems like one lost to history. Goldeneye straight up owns bones with no qualifiers needed, World is Not Enough and Die Another Day mix laughable bad and totally boring, but while I remember Tomorrow Never Dies being good I don't remember much else about it.

Besides Jonathan Pryce hamming it up and the finale being set on some kind of stealth boat(?)
It's easily the second best Brosnan, which I realize isn't saying much. You're right that it does tend to get forgotten between the fantastic Goldeneye and how ridiculous the ones after it got, but it's not bad. Kind of a better, more modern version of The Spy Who Loved Me. Also, great theme song by Sheryl Crow.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Alan Smithee posted:

9/11 truth and Qanon has killed any chance of a Deus Ex movie
What a rotten way to die.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

well why not posted:

in that movie, eric bana jumps his horse in to a gorge. he leaps of it to clear a gap. he ghost rides that horse. it is also one of the few double jumps in cinema.
The formal name for this is "ditching the Yoshi".

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is the mermaid movie actually bombing outside China?
Looks like it's made $197m domestic / $140m international in two weeks vs a budget of $250m (lol), so I'm gonna go with "no".

Zero_Grade fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 8, 2023

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I'd say they should get David Warner to play a few roles, but they might find that a bit difficult.

Or maybe not these days.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Dune part 2 going in some unexpected directions, but I'm here for it.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Sirotan posted:

I was real confused about why that post resulted in a perma and have now learned this is the loser Driftingmouse who would not shut the gently caress up about the updated version of this thread being published in early 2023. They were outted as the re-reg of a perma'd transphobe, permabanned, and since then has probably spent easily $200+ on new accounts just so they could register, post a link to twitter to share news of some celebrity's death, and get perma'd again.

:lol:
That was a pretty funny recurring thread joke. Almost as funny as DM constantly reregging and getting caught in five seconds every time.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Bee Movie 2: Judgment Day

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Variety released an article about the various crises at MCU HQ, including Jonathan Majors, the unsustainable TV/movie schedules, VFX burnout, and the upcoming underperformance of The Marvels.
This is long-ish but does a great job at narrating what a disaster is going on over there. There's a lot of great bits to quote, but I think this is my favorite ("tsunami of spandex" is a close second):

article posted:

Case in point: the “Blade” reboot. With Mahershala Ali signed on for the eponymous role of a vampire, things looked promising for a 2023 release date. But the project has gone through at least five writers, two directors and one shutdown six weeks before production. One person familiar with the script permutations says the story at one point morphed into a narrative led by women and filled with life lessons. Blade was relegated to the fourth lead, a bizarre idea considering that the studio had two-time Oscar winner Ali on board.
how do you gently caress up a Blade movie this badly

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Failed Imagineer posted:

Zelda movie should be exclusively based on that weird forgettable Zelda train game for the DS

Base it on the even weirder and incomprehensible CDi Zelda.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

GrandpaPants posted:

I hope this greatly dissuades people from working with WB.

https://www.cbr.com/coyote-vs-acme-unfortunate-update/

I also hope some hero leaks it before it gets deleted forever.
Co-written by James Gunn, I'm sure he's loving his contract right now.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Someone in Hollywood named Ebon Moss-Bachrach does not at all have the parentage that I was expecting.

Not sure I'm buying Pascal as Mr. Fantastic, but I'm willing to be convinced. He can't be worse than the last few attempts!

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Marvel released a picture of the Fantastic Four cast and forget those doubts I had yesterday, I'm on board for the looks at least. Now all they need is a half decent story! :v:

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

galagazombie posted:

Going to the Ghost Bureau after I die hoping to get assigned something cool like “Slain soldier eternally fighting the battle of Gettysburg” and instead getting “Poltergeist that occasionally jingles the silverware in a house built in 1984”.
Real bust of a ghost, that one.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

B-Rock452 posted:

I want fat alcoholic Bond who is less of a suave spy and more just an rear end in a top hat like in the books.
Spends the entire runtime of the movie having an exhaustive internal monologue about all the various foods and drinks he's consuming, then gets captured and does nothing of use while the Bond Girl saves the day.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

There's about a movie and a half worth of good stuff in the Matrix franchise and I don't see #5 improving that ratio much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Pirate Jet posted:

Lost a lot of enthusiasm when it came out that it’s a jukebox musical but will probably see it anyways for Gaga alone.
Joker Face