Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Alexey Pajitnov designed tetris, wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Hellboy should be a show, basically just X-Files but with a big red demon with a stone hand.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Cryptids are cool, more Bat Boy in all media please.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Do we really want to risk unleashing another smash month single on our world?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Hellboy is awesome and a show that was basically the X-Files but BPRD would be amazing

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Timby posted:

Apparently Mignola is not a fan of the GdT films.

Weird since he and GDT do the commentary for the first movie

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Hasturtium posted:

Making a sequel to it is like making a sequel to a commercial, what would it even mean?

https://collider.com/nicole-kidman-amc-ad-sequel/

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Imagine being hired to produce art that you then feed into a machine which will replace you once it has been fed enough. What a distopian world we unfortunately exist in.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Escape from LA is better than Escape from NY.

Yeah in opposite land!!!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Netflix budgets are insane because the actors aren't idiots and know they will get no residuals/box office cut from a streaming only product so they get massive payouts to compensate for that.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
When the Hollywood Videos went out of business I went and bought as much of the criterion and classic movies I could grab, I have a binder with like 60 dvds in it in a box somewhere.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Beads?!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Promotional consideration provided by Hugo Boss

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
George Lucas has never given a gently caress

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
no reason to watch scream vii then

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Wow rich people also have to work jobs they don't like to support their children, who knew

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I don't see captain america anywhere I'm so confused

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Pirates 1 had a script that went through like 5 revisions with a number of different writers doing passes. Pirates 2&3 were written by the guys who did the final pass on 1, and they didn't even have finished scripts for either film when shooting started. Pretty much emblematic of the MCU issues, Disney seeing billions and rushing to production without a solid footing.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 8, 2024

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Competition reality TV is okay because there's at least an end goal. The ones where they just follow around rich people is gross human zoo poo poo.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It's me. The guy who wants to see the fantastic four set in the 60s with retro future poo poo. Ben is reading a Life magazine from December 1963 so maybe?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
unless they re-hire Melissa Barrera and publicly apologize to her for the lie they told when they fired her then big naw

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, one wants to tax rich people, and the other wants to legislate minorities out of existence, just different ways to run a state!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Vegetable posted:

It’s only being blasted on social media because the small segment of people very angry about AI are calling it out. Do a poll among the general public and there’s no way anyone sees anything out of the ordinary there.

how is your crypto wallet doing bro

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Chairman Capone posted:

I got an ad on YouTube notifying me that there is an upcoming Disney shareholders meeting and asking me to vote for "the Disney slate."

This seems absolutely insane to me, to the point I wondered if this was some kind of scam to get me to click on a link and send someone my SSN or something. Besides the point I am not a Disney shareholder, the fact that corporations are now advertising their shareholder meetings like politicians running for office seems like a big step towards cyberpunk dystopia accelerationism.

There's an attempt going on right now to takeover the board by a guy who is friends with Ike Perlmutter so full rp mode has been activated

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Do you have any more details on this, because that sounds loving nuts.

I don't know much more than what news articles have reported but the guy is named Nelson Peltz and the issue is the same as it ever was when it comes to corporations with shareholders, Disney isn't performing up to their expectations and they want more returns on their investments. The main push is coming from the hedge fund group Trian, which was co-founded by Peltz, and controls about 30 million shares of Disney. Ike Perlmutter owns about 75% of those shares. There's bad blood between Perlmutter and Bob Iger after Perlmutter was ousted from Disney last year.

So rich people doing what they do best, being rich assholes to each other while playing around with billions of dollars.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Monica Bellucci posted:

Is that Brooklyn Beckham's father in law?

Of course it is!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
blame the billionaires for all of societies issues because they are the cause but maybe also hold the guy who poo poo in the capital rotunda responsible for his own actions too

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I remember watching the postman on HBO with my parents when i was like 14 and it was ultra awkward when the fairly graphic sex scene happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Ccs posted:

IS Jerry Seinfeld a funny guy?

no