Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Ugh they’re bringing back Tim Allen for Toy Story whatever we’re on

Was he not in Toy Story 4?

Edit: yeah. It's not surprising, is it? They just didn't use him for Lightyear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

ruddiger posted:

I always thought the lyrics were “Jane, his wife”

Jane, stop this crazy thing!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Is this the last of their planned live action* remakes? Or do they have a sequel to something like Cruella still in the pipes?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

BIRD BOX BARTHELONA

Edited for pronunciation.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

how do people feel about world's end

feel like that got memory holed

It was okay, I wasn't really a fan. I saw a recent Mastodon poster claim it was their favorite of the "trilogy," so I wouldn't say it got memory holed.

Edit: When you go from Sean of the Dead to freaking Hot Fuzz, honestly there is nowhere to go but down.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

dr_rat posted:

That's not an angle, that's not knowing what words mean.

I think they're going more for the character--the alien symbiote--not actual venom.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

Mighty Max started out as toys that were just the boy version of Polly Pocket just have her meet up with the folks from the cartoon and get into crazy poo poo.

Sweet, can't open the lovely site to see the embedded pictures without logging in and had to instead read the article.

...It was in that article that I learned Sony grabbed the rights to Candy Land and tried to make an Adam Sandler movie out of it.

Edit: And "Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story" by Jerry Seinfeld

Prowler fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 3, 2023

Prowler
May 24, 2004

We Got Us A Bread posted:

It's on YouTube for people's viewing displeasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUIT0YCrxA

I skipped ahead briefly to learn that Aladdin's father's name was apparently "Mustafa."

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

yeah

it got banned

for transphobia

https://twitch.tv/watchmeforever

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

Apologies for those who were hoping this was about Kid n Play

We're in another round of late 80s/early 90s movie stars appearing in commercials that reference their most popular movies; if you want to see Kid n Play, do I have a commercial for you!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

That chart is a bit weird, yeah. As far as I can tell, Night Swim, Argylle, IF, and Borderlands are not sequels or spinoffs of a big brand in movies. Borderlands I can sort of see, I guess.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

duz posted:

Night Swim is the latest movie in the James Wan Horrorverse.

Do all of those movies fall under the same universe? This apparently was a short film that they're more or less remaking. I haven't watched a horror film in over a decade.

Reading up on James Wan did bring up a few interesting tidbits from Wiki:

Going down the Wiki Hole posted:

-In October 2023, Disney Branded Television announced a Gargoyles live-action reboot with Wan and Michael Clear, joining the executive producing ranks.

Was the animated Usagi Yojimbo from him any good?

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

Speaking of airport fights, One More Shot, a sequel to One Shot, which is basically a Rope-style one shot action film starring Scott Adkins, takes place in an abandoned airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1kCbtjPJ2U

My god, it's been a while since I've seen action scenes without a thousand cuts. Kind of feels like watching a sitcom without a laugh track.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I feel embarrassed for everyone in this poster.

I mean, someone should.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

The Peccadillo posted:

My first thought was that it was a Drop Dead Fred amd the childhood imaginary friend coming back was John Cena in a schoolgirl outfit, due to the best friend they never had tagline

It's neither, looks very boring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpBN_31-Cw

I mean, while this definitely looks bad, it's amazing how bad that poster is, good lord, my imagination had it significantly worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Margot Robbie passes out after her special fx corset cuts off circulation

And then she falls into the sea, where her special gold headband sets off a shockwave that signals The Black Pearl to her location and then we finally have her Pirates movie.