Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Every time I read the title Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning, I have a brief moment of hope that it's an adaptation of Romero's Dead Reckoning script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s clearly about Adam Driver seeding the galaxy with dinosaurs

which makes it Prometheusploitation

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I always thought the lyrics were “Jane, his wife”

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should make it about Kid Hellboy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought the comics ended with the apocalypse and we get a glimpse of the life that will continue past the human race, then every story and mini-series that came out after were just flashback stories since they couldn't reset Ragnarok.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is it just a home invasion movie with hundred acre wood masks?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The entire Children of the Corn series re-released with Korn doing the soundtrack for all the movies.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

All Day I Dream About Stephen (King)

That’s the song that plays over the credits, like the ramones song in pet semetary

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I desperately need Taika to stay behind the camera for a while. We’re well into Taika fatigue after Love & Thunder.

I liked his bit in History of the World part 2

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Schwarzwald posted:

More than once I've heard folks bemoan QAnon for ruining "when conspiracy stuff was fun."

edit: whoa what a loving post to start a new page on, sorry

Just watched a commercial on a major streaming service for a “documentary” about “the fifth 9/11 plane”

There’s absolutely no need to apologize.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love that after Breaking Bad got big, one of the first things Vince Gilligan did was host a block of classic television on MeTV.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

That’s wild. What shows did he host? I’m pretty much a MeTV junkie.

He hosted a couple of classic shows and they were running promos too, but I can't find proof of any of it, the only one I distinctly remember is him being really excited to show Three Stooges shorts.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My mind and heart are ready.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Didn't they already make this with Ewan McGregor

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m honestly surprised there’s not like a dozen direct to video Dodgeball sequels.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Robot Style posted:

I know a guy who named all his kids after Mortal Kombat characters. His son Jax, his daughter Kitana, and the twins Cyrax & Raiden.

Wtf why name one twin Cyrax if you’re not going to name the other one Sektor

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Does that contract really say throughout the entire goddamn universe

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

who wore the scorpion jacket better, Drive or Desperado

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gareth Evans meeting Gareth Edwards

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

WHAT THE HELL

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

John Carpenter and his lack of fucks to give/love of video games and banger electronic music is what I aspire to be when I'm his age.

I'm surprised he hasn't done a soundtrack to a video game yet, he probably looked into it, saw the amount of work required, and was like "lol nah"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

well color me corrected

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Do the Right Thing

turns out we were just really racist about loving aliens

Sounds like Brother From Another Planet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dude completely owned the poo poo out of the Substitute franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E6vB_Df4Xk

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

If you somehow managed to discover the energy Goodman had in 10 Cloverfield Lane twenty years before Dan Trachtenberg did that would’ve been the perfect casting.

Barton Fink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_8O-iDvlmA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There's no way Trump likes spicy food, he seems like the plain mayo type.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

End of the Barbie movie pulls back to reveal barbieville is really the fake town you see in all those nuke videos.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lois is gonna do a standup set roasting Clark’s weird alien dick

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

Well poo poo, RIP Alan Arkin.

Gonna watch the Jerky Boys movie in his honor

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Given that the US has been known to carpet bomb people, being overrun with zombies just doesn't make sense.

Funny thing is in Zack Snyder's Army of The Dead, the military carpet bombing zombies is part of the story.

That opening montage is so good. I still laugh thinking about the paratroopers.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

High Warlord Zog posted:

You know I reckon Failed Screenwriter Ben Shapiro is secretly seething about The Sound of Freedom because it's making money and has a fanbase unlike all the movies he's tried to distribute

It is?

Professor Shark posted:

It’s actually impressive how they shopped that turd of a movie around for years and landed on the Right Wing grift angle and made it a hit

It is?!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Yeah Carpenter or, as painful as it is to say, George Romero would be my picks.

I used to hate Land of the Dead but I’ve come around in a big way on that movie.

Wish I could say the same about Diary and Survival.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bruce Campbell has a great anecdote about the first thing Kurt Russell said to him on the set of Escape From LA

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Hills Have Eyes has a dog coming back for vengeance in a big way.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

https://gizmodo.com/barbenheimer-parody-movie-full-moon-pictures-1850800539

hosed up that WB is okay with this while The People's Joker got erased from existence like an hour before its premier.

The people’s what now?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

A couple of mom and pop video stores I went to had the adults only curtain section, one even had a whole basement dedicated to xxx titles.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

it’s a semenal classic

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ian McKellen sitting in a room by himself repeating “gonna get a sausage and a brat at da bears game” over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

David Ayer watching Paul Schrader’s new flicks and thinking to himself these things need more rampages.