Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Baronash posted:

I think they were just talking about spacing out their Disney+ shows, not doing fewer movies.

Yeah. They even turned one of the shows into a movie (Armor Wars).

It's probably related to cost cutting for Disney+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Timby posted:

That tracks. Bardem, Jonathan Pryce...

Mads breaks the trend, though.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Director $200
Writer $150
Actor $800
Marketing $3,600
VFX $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my movie studio is dying

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Grendels Dad posted:

Spend less on marketing

No

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Bill Hader was also replaced on Bob's Burgers. Originally they said it was just one episode because of schedule issues but his character was in several seasons and the movie since then and it has never been Bill.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Feldegast42 posted:

Well the shareholders seem to like what Zaslav is doing because he hasn't been fired yet despite everything he's done

The stock is down more than half since the merger.

Also the Times just did a big article on him and his troubles today: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/15/magazine/david-zaslav-warner-media-discovery.html

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The MCU kept up a weirdly persistent trend of supervillains always dying or being sidelined and forgotten about. Were they going to do anything with Justin Hammer? I suppose the Abomination too also got teased but dropped. The only one they even bothered to build up meaningfully was Thanos. And kinda Scarlet Witch.

I feel like this sort of thing would only make the MCU worse.

The nature of movies vs comics is that you are only going to have a limited number of them. What is the point of saving all your villains if you never have time to revisit them? Right now heroes are lucky to get more than one solo film and usually each has a large stable of villains that can be explored for different stories.

Imagine if they had to stick Ronan into GotG 2 and 3 instead of introducing Ego and High Evolutionary.

Marvel smartly limited the number of recurring villains.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Snowman_McK posted:

Is the high evolutionary supposed to be an example of a strong villain that you're please they were able to introduce?

Yes.

Snowman_McK posted:

Is the high evolutionary supposed to be an example of a strong villain that you're please they were able to introduce?

Absolutely yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ryan Gosling stars in, and Lord and Miller are directing Project Hail Mary. It's a Sci Fi novel from the writer of The Martian.

I recently read it and while the stakes are higher and it's less realistic, it's got a lot in common with The Martian. I thought it was fine but it had some of the same issues that kept it from being better like a lot of engineer internal monolog.

However I really want to know what L&M plan for their version. They were not at all who I would expect for this.