Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm still wondering how exactly they're going to handle the Hunger Games prequel because the book was totally not designed to be turned into a movie seeing as the actual Hunger Games part ends 3/4 of the way through the book and the rest is the main character just kind of bumming around District 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC the directors definitely don't have a copy because they talked about how after the news dropped they discovered that WB had removed all their access to the footage.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In sequels that no one wanted or asked for they've announced that Will Smith will be joined by Michael B Jordan for I Am Legend 2.
https://deadline.com/2023/02/akiva-...els-1235260641/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dreamworks is also working on a live action How to Train Your Dragon movie. It does have a slight boost with the director of the original trilogy returning but it still seems a little pointless.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chemtrailologist posted:

Who is "they"?

Looking at Willis' IMDB page and while there are quite a few one offs one name that keeps coming up is Edward Drake. He directed 7 movies with Willis in the last two years.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

well why not posted:

I don't think one single person actually watched the LOTR TV show

My dad is a huge Tolkien nut and he loved the show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big surprise but the new Children of the Corn reboot is getting bad reviews. Apparently they added a weird revenge angle where the kids hate the adults because the adults killed a bunch of kids in a botched hostage situation. Also a muddled message about GMOs and government subsidies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zero_Grade posted:

Speaking of Stephen King novels, I'm still annoyed about the Dark Tower movie. It's clearly a property that (imo) needs the HBO-style big budget episodic adaptation for best results, instead of whatever the mess we got was.

Although considering how awful books 5 & 6 are, maybe it's for the best that it's never made.

Mike Flanagan is doing an adaptation of The Dark Tower as a series for Amazon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, there's a goofy thing where Amazon had the rights but let them lapse, only for Flanagan's production company to snap them up and take them right back to Amazon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1631825272650563586
I guess the Roadhouse remake is actually a thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

His backstory is that he was a ufc fighter.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

i didn't even realize operation fortune was guy ritchie. thought it was some straight to video bargain binner that got rescued and bumped to theater

So a modern day Guy Ritchie movie?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

marshmallow creep posted:

I am glad you liked it because I really didn't.

Yeah, I did not like it at all either. It seemed really mean spirited and not a fan of the structure.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In Star Wars news, Patty Jenkins and Kevin Feige's respective Star Wars movies have been canned. Taika Waititi's is still on.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

did the patty jenkins movie get cancelled because of WW84's performance? I remember they did this whole thing about how she wanted to do a jetfighter show so hard they even filmed her doing a sequence

Probably not directly since it took two years for them to drop it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, everybody has to stake out release dates too which is ridiculous for something that has nothing done yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Remember when the plot of the George Lazenby one-off spent a lot of time analyzing ear lobes?

Weirdly enough that was in the book. Also IIRC that was the book where Blofeld wore weird contact lenses that hid his iris.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txLSE7tpgr0
Saw this trailer before Shazam 2 and it looks completely loving terrible.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

AceOfFlames posted:

Art Bell once hosted a guest who claimed that the Halle-Bopp comet had a UFO trailing it, which the Heaven's Gate cult then committed mass suicide in order to hitch a ride on it.

Personally I think claiming Bell was "responsible" is a huge stretch since (at least according to the Last Podcast On The Left series on Heaven's Gate Redux, which usually has impeccable research), the Heaven's Gate cult had apocalyptic stuff baked into it from day 1 (leaders Marshall Applewhite and Bonnie Nettles AKA "Ti and Do" literally believed themselves to be the two witnesses from the Book of Revelation) and after Nettles died, Applewhite was so erratic and depressed that it was inevitable that he would cook up something like this and Hale-Bopp was just the excuse he latched onto.

Yeah, Heaven's Gate was basically doomed to self destruct once Nettles died since their entire cult was structured around the idea that a spaceship would come get them while they were all still alive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Beachcomber posted:

Did Alec Baldwin actually do anything wrong, or is it hugely overblown because the chuds demand action?

He was a producer on the movie so he was responsible for some of the decisions made that caused the accident.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was reporting recently that the animated X-Files spin off is officially dead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shockingly a lot of alien abduction/sightings stopped once everyone started carrying cameras with them at all times.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

Allen abduction was a lot of white guys being terrified of stuff being put in their butts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tZar4wRP40

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Before the D&D movie they played one of those "Thanks for coming to the theater" videos with the cast and it was very funny how much Hugh Grant looked he didn't want to be there at all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also clear from the trailers that it is going to be constantly dick riding Jordan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ryan Reynolds can definitely pick and choose what projects he does as he is extremely rich after selling his cell phone company recently. His share of the sale was something like $300 million.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/FutureHasbeen/status/1643339717008846848

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It would be nice to get a full adaptation of Akira since the anime movie is a very truncated version.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/boneysoups/status/1646714134430461953

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Please read another book

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

Why hasn't there been Shin Godzilla 2, anyway

Because Anno is busy with doing the same thing with other properties.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I watched Renfield and it is a fun, albeit slight, movie. The over the top action is fun but the story has some dips as well as a big (scene missing) issue where the main characters are running from the bad guys and it just cuts to Awkwafina waking up in a new location.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vampire Hunter D takes place super far into the future.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC a good chunk of the book series got translated into English.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Piell posted:

Afterlife was an entire movie jerking off over the originals, with barely any jokes and no funny jokes

I enjoyed the one joke "There's nothing here but worthless guns!"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Or tattoo removal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tenoch Huerta also got his bulge reduced in BP2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Maybe don't cast actors with huge bulges if you only have to edit them out later.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1651642811416977426?t=nXgYdK1NCMTEdH3kfNVofA&s=19

What was really funny was Deadline's tweet about the movie.
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1651642011743670272
"First ever"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, barely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

Taika Waititi is currently attached to:

- Next Goal Wins
- The Incal
- Akira
- Flash Gordon
- A Time Bandits TV series
- What We Do in the Shadows 2
- an untitled Star Wars movie
- and now Klara and the Sun.

Next Goal Wins is done and actually coming out this fall.