Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Alan Smithee posted:

Someone please explain why I’m not making a low effort Screamboat Willy for nice-house-in-lovely-area money

Name post combo

Because that's next year. If you start production before Jan 1, 2024 you can be sure Disney will be at your door the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

dr_rat posted:

Should of been a WWF wrestler.

I'd pay to watch Jake fight pandas.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

The director's only other features are Robot Chicken Star Wars 3, The Lego Batman Movie, and The Tomorrow War.

edit Jesus Christ, written by a guy whose only make credits are season 5 of Community and Rick and Morty, from a story by the creator of The Walking Dead

The movie sounds like it's exactly at their level.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

I am really not digging this phase of Nicolas Cage’s career where he embraces the memes about himself, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent was execrable.

I think I would've preferred the original version of massive talent where nic cage played the fan and Pedro played nic cage the actor.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Have Scully and Mulder find and kill Q in the first season or something.

Only if he's played by John de Lancie.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't understand why that took so long to make

It was in development so long that at least one film ripping off the concept already came out like 2 years ago

Supposedly all those rip off movies were rejected scripts they filed the names off of.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Robot Style posted:

Animals will get cosmetic work done from time to time. I worked on a movie where we had to subtly adjust a dog's face to make it more wolflike, in addition to painting out his dick because the character was female.

On the Terminator 2 commentary James Cameron is upset that you can see Robert Patrick's dick because he has a bill from a company for "Dick Removal" yet it's still clearly there.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Eventually people will realize direct to streaming is just another type of direct to video.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

NY recently-ish passed a law saying after someone dies, you had to get permission from the person's estate to recreate their likeness commercially. I assume these new clauses were prepared to work around that and any other laws like it that come out.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Why bother rebooting Hellboy, just ignore that all the actors are different and tell another story with him in it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Jesus, Indy 5 cost over $300 million

Disney is almost certainly taking a bath on that

How much of that was replacement airplanes for Ford?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Anti-vaxx was always big in the home school crowd.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Whatever happened to the Expenda-girls spinoff?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

That's cause it's a normal movie like Bumblebee was instead of a spectacle like the Bay ones were.
People did talk about the reveal at the end when it was leaked.
It was nice seeing the G1 designs again.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Rise of the Beasts was the first Transformers move I saw. I then proceeded to watch all the others afterwards to compare. Bumblebee is pretty decent, Cena is great but he's also only really there for the bookend action scenes.
RotB is also perfectly fine. Its biggest flaw is that the maximals only transform once and then transform back off screen. They also don't do much in the movie, the two that aren't voiced by big names don't speak much, if at all. I hope they stick around for the sequels and actually do things.
Also, technically the GI Joe reveal isn't a stinger, it's just the final scene of the movie, then cut to credits.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbGnzmidsw

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

I liked Caviezel’s acting in The Count of Monte Cristo and Person of Interest. Too bad he seems to get exponentially more insane with every passing year.

He got one of the dogs in Person of Interest fired because he kept attacking it and it would bite him back. They had to replace it with a dog that wouldn't bite when he abused it.

More fun stories like this are in this episode of QanonAnon
https://soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-143-jim-caviezel-enter-the-cavortex-feat-dave-anthony

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Whatever he was doing on Nemesis 2: Nebula caused Chad Stahelski to quit part way thru filming.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Can you make an off-brand version of a public domain character?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

MeinPanzer posted:

It’s not so much the right wing coverage of Barbie that is baffling—as you note, this is just their usual grift—but the liberal hype. Like I thought that even the most MSNBC-brained girl boss libs would exhibit a little more critical thinking than that.

Not sure why you would expect that out of MSNBC.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I appreciate that they all groan at the title drop.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

There's no proof that the dog gets hard at any point

"Rated R for red rockets"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Reminds me of James Cameron working on Galaxy of Terror as both a favor to Corman and so he could learn the ins and outs of set design.

The result is an aesthetic that just bleeds all over his work on Terminator and Aliens.

Which is where Cameron met Bill Paxton.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He was notourious for having an ironclad rule to the directors he hired "Do whatever the gently caress you want, just deliver on time and under budget."

His other rule was to include a pair of tits in the movie for the lads.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ben Shapiro is Mara Wilson's cousin and he is insanely jealous she had success in Hollywood and he did not.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

Not knowing what it was I’m just gonna guess “Die Antwoord in Space!”.

Ripley would be the chappie of it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

DR1 also doesn't have an ending so just wait for the next one to come out before bothering to watch it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/GarfieldMovie/status/1724064572078690325

[First 20ish seconds of the trailer]: Oh this could be pretty interesting.
[Next 10ish seconds of the trailer]: Oh no.
[Hear Garfield speak and to the end of the trailer]: OH NO.

Just what everyone was asking for, an origin story for Garfield.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What's Lucas been doing?

Walking thru the background of random documentaries.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has anyone actually watched all three Hobbit movies? If so, why?

Because I don't value my time.
Also cause HFR 3D is a good combo.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

What's even worse about the Hobbit movies is that they released a Lego video game version between the second and third with promises that the third part of the story would be added as DLC. Then after the movie did so poorly, they quietly cancelled it so the game remains incomplete.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Maybe something about the fall of franchise tentpoles or the end of comic book movies? Because those at least feel like they’re on their way out the door or drastically diminished from what they were.

And yet...

duz
Jul 11, 2005

HJE-Cobra posted:

That's a lot of sequels. What's original here? Night Swim? Borderlands is based on videogames, but hasn't had any movies before, I guess. What's If?

Night Swim is the latest movie in the James Wan Horrorverse.
If is by CIA John and is about what if imaginary friends were real. It doesn't appear to be based on anything from what I can tell.

Prowler posted:

That chart is a bit weird, yeah. As far as I can tell, Night Swim, Argylle, IF, and Borderlands are not sequels or spinoffs of a big brand in movies. Borderlands I can sort of see, I guess.

The person that made that probably thought Argylle was a Kingsman movie since they sure aren't trying to make that clear in the ads.

duz fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 2, 2024

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Didn't that exact movie come out last year/2022? With Sandra Bullock, Brad Pitt and Magic Mike?

I understand the confusion but that was Daniel Radcliffe, not a cat.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I thought the whole point of 28 Days Later was that the "Zombies" were all still alive, just lobotomized to the point where all they could do is vomit blood everywhere and skullfuck anyone within arms reach. They were so pissed they literally couldn't think about eating, meaning they were all going to die out in a few weeks due to starvation, exposure, etc.

In other words, why the gently caress is this getting another sequel?

Maybe they looked at how people responded to covid and figured they could do a movie about people who would intentionally infect themselves to prove zombies aren't real.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Whatever gets us closer to having Spiders-Man in a live action movie, I'll support.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

X-Ray Pecs posted:

He also had 2 bottles of Fireball, a vape, and a coke setup. Dude was gone.

Boebert and her boyfriend went out to see a movie instead, eh?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Rochallor posted:

If The Batman had just ended at the 2 hour mark (and I mean in like any fashion: hastily filmed denouement, hard cut to credits, projector error) it would have been great, but there's a whole hour after that that is just extraneous and bad that made me never want to watch it again. It blows all the good will the movie built up.

I agree, it copied one of the worst things from the Nolan Batman movies, having an extra act after the movie ends.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

My favorite scene was when there were people trapped in a car, pounding on the windows to get out. Except the windows were rolled down and they were just miming hitting them.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Byzantine posted:

I get why it was a dealbreaker for a lot of people, but it didn't really bother me since the guy was totally isolated. When you're the only person on the entire planet, be as cringe as you want.

Especially if it helps show that you have gone insane.
My main complaint with The Martian is that the audiobook narrator pronounced ASCII as A-S-C-2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

mystes posted:

Was that the R. C. Bray or Wil Wheaton version?

I don't think it was the Wheaton version but it's been so long I can't recall exactly.