Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Casimir Radon posted:

The Lego Batman Movie was pretty good. There was some concern before it came out that the concept would wear out it’s welcome pretty fast, but they managed to stick the landing.

Meh it leaned too hard into "remember these Warner Bros properties?" at the end for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

Same here. My dad loved them, and they were on TV all the time so I got to watch them. One time he had all his buddies over and they watched it until the wee hours of the morning. I got to stay up late and watch them too. It’s cool your kid likes them. I would imagine slapstick is a hard sell for kids these days.

I was at the MoMA in November and in one room they were screening Modern Times and a big crowd, including little kids, were watching it and enjoying it. But maybe silent comedy has it a bit easier when it comes to cross generational appeal. I think Marx brothers could still hold up.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

The episode making fun of home renovation shows was great, although I thought most of the season was fine. Except for whatever the plan was for the Colin Robinson plot seemingly evaporating.

The episode where they try to get baby Colin into private school is an all-timer.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Finally, the Dracula 2000 remake we all deserve.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Leatherhead posted:

Personally I was glad they didn't just re-do the original tournament movie. The bigger problem was Original-Character-Do-Not-Steal 'Cole Young.'

Also "this birthmark is the reason why we have special powers", nobody gives a poo poo just rip some heads off.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

mycot posted:

The Mulan movie systemically removed every bit of comedy and whimsy I guess because foreign movies don't have those, but looking at the numbers, it seems to have lost a lot of money. 200 million budget and 70 million box office seems...bad.

Turns out Chinese audiences don't like being pandered to by Hollywood, whoda thought.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

It's tonally all over the place and the third act is a wet fart.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

kalel posted:

you could describe a lot of "classics" this way to be quite honest

True. Casablanca, what a stinker!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I for one need another scene of Hellboy's parents being murdered and his mother's pearls falling to the ground.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

mycot posted:

21 Jump Street the movie is a parody of the original 21 Jump Street but that might be stretching the definition of sequel.

22 Jump Street could be considered a parody of the first movie but also sequels in general.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Mortal Kombat 11 of all things actually gave a proper conclusion to Rambo's story. He received the power over time and tried to make history better but realised that there's too many consequences beyond his control, so in the end he just settled down in a quiet cabin in the mountains.

Come to think of it, Terminator also had a good ending in that game. The Terminator tried to make it so that Skynet wins but every time it tries either Skynet loses or both it and humans destroy each other. So it logically concluded that it should make world where humans and AI coexist peacefully. Then to protect the world from obtaining its powers, the Terminator threw itself into Outworld's bottomless Sea of Blood.

Edit:
I have to mention Jax's ending where he ended slavery forever.

This is the only Mortal Kombat ending that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaUvrr8ajkE

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

What the gently caress is Scotland

"Why have these pictures come to life?"

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Also the one time I saw it the sound mix was really weird, the dialogue was hard to hear.

Sounds like a Michael Mann film!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

"Uber Gives Robert De Niro A LOT Of Money"

He's gotta pay for his 7th kid's trust fund somehow.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

The Counsellor was loving great though.

It certainly had the best woman-fucks-a-car scene until Titane.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Fallout would be the best action movie of the 2010s if Fury Road didn't exist.

muscles like this! posted:

Hayley Atwell is a great addition and the movie is pretty good but there are a couple of missteps.

The villain being a spooky screensaver was always going to come off as silly.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

They should cast Chris Pratt as Link.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

Also I’m rewatching Ad Astra and I forgot how beautiful it was. Not a great movie, but really gorgeous

I for one have never seen more breathtaking space baboons.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

It should be noted that Groening wasn't accused of being a sex pest but he apparently has the most disgusting feet in the world.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I saw the first one in 48fps IMAX and the most memorable part was when the sound became desynced about a half second behind for half the movie.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

They should just replace Jonathan Majors with Christopher Plummer Tig Notaro

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Shageletic posted:

I didn't know Prosch helped write the movie.

Proksch was on The Office and makes his residuals from that.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

If you go into Men expecting mother! you'll be... satisfied?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

A24 and Hideo Kojima are making a Death Stranding movie.
https://shop.a24films.com/products/a24-x-kojima-productions-death-stranding-logo-tee
They are already selling a shirt.

I think it would be funny if they didn't cast Norman Reedus but kept everyone else.

Big lol if we get the package delivery simulator adaptation before a Metal Gear movie.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was hoping their enxt project would be their Uncut Gems in the world of Trading Cards thing they pitched.

Everyone fighting over a black lotus lol.

South Park already made that one.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

duz posted:

And yet...

I'm looking forward to Movie Facts but too bad it doesn't have a release date yet.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Carpet posted:

One of the first characters in the TENET organisation that the Protagonist meets literally tells the audience that they shouldn't care too much about the science of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0q65EvDMvs

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

Firing a rifle one-handed with your elbow locked out and the muzzle flash photoshopped in. King poo poo.

Uhh that's clearly a flame thrower or some kind of plasma based weapon sir.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I dunno what yall are complaining about, I loved seeing the escapades of my favourite original character COLE YOUNG and the birthmark that gives him special powers!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

well why not posted:

Christopher Nolan loves Talladega Nights. Who the gently caress knows what people are gonna click with.

Terrance Malick is a big fan of Zoolander.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Hope Jake gets the help he reportedly needs.

I can fix him :allears:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

He's pushing pencils in heaven now :(

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

At the very least, I know he read the Darth Plagueis book about young Palpatine that came out in 2012, so he probably has a ton of obscure Palpatine facts in his head.

I have diminishing hopes that we'll ever see the EmPal SuRecon Center on screen.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

This better include the 4 hour cut

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Simplex posted:

I can't imagine wanting to see more of that poo poo.

Says you. Give me another hour of horny gremlin Napoleon

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah that does sound good. Maybe licensing songs is expensive too.

I would've thought the Gary Glitter catalog would be cheap these days.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm still waiting for The People's Joker...

I saw it at a film festival last year, it's fantastic!

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Not a pairing I would have thought of but it's perfect.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

ruddiger posted:

If they do sims they gotta do that one goons murder house where he would build doorless rooms and pools without ladders so his sims would starve to death and had a trophy room in the sims basement.

I thought we all did that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I'm assuming Idris Elba is coming back too? Sonic the Hedgehog x Cyberpunk 2077 crossover when??