Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Yodeler is from the DLC, just about everything ice/mountainish is from it.

The dlc is in a weird place difficulty wise, the base game has a fairly smooth curve but the DLC doesn't really fit into that curve well. It's harder than the start of section 2 but far too easy for the end of it. The best way it could have been handled would be not shoehorning it into mandatory progression...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Lemniscate Blue posted:

That medusa fight was definitely anticlimactic. I wonder if doing the ice DLC first made you a little overpowered for the current dungeon set. The yodeler is DLC, right?

Yep. I think part of him being rather strong right now is that his base health is 8, and using the blessing for +1 health starts him with 9. He can tank a lot with that much, and lets me focus on better effects rather than building HP. He doesn't have a lot of really strong base attacks, which leaves me vulnerable to things like the Dire Scorpion, which negates any 1 damage hits

Also, the first DLC group was ranked as 1 star, which is why I did it first. We'll see if the jungle gets any more difficult as time goes, and there is always the ticking time bomb that is my stupidity!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Another Jungle area run. It was...not terribly fleshed out. It feels like the areas here aren't done up as well as the first area, which is sad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi43KfOmw4k

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
"Head & Head & Shoulders" may be the funniest trophy so far.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Lemniscate Blue posted:

"Head & Head & Shoulders" may be the funniest trophy so far.

It is a better joke than some, yeah.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Everything is a better joke than Snakes on a Plain, honestly

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Slaan posted:

Everything is a better joke than Snakes on a Plain, honestly

So you're saying you've had it with these monkey fightin' snakes on this Monday to Friday plain? :honked:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Looking like the Jungle area might be shorter than the first 2 areas. Another dungeon cleared, and only one left in the area.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXelRfzy0s

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlQRUsMRj0g

Still wreckin' shop with the Yodeller, but its getting a little dicier. Still pretty cavalier attitude with him:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Still moving on, and into the final Jungle area!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StGmLdpe1P4

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I don't have anything specific to say, just letting you know I'm still watching and enjoying.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Black Robe posted:

I don't have anything specific to say, just letting you know I'm still watching and enjoying.

:same:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Black Robe posted:

not an emptyquote

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Black Robe posted:

:yeah:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Thanks for the replies! Good to know I still have an audience.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I was gone on interviews for most of this week, and I've been dealing with major depression issues since, through all of them, I keep getting rejected. Hopefully will be getting to something this weekend to keep things rolling.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Ugh, we've all been there, it is soul-crushing. You'll get there. Be gentle with yourself, and we'll be here when you're ready.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Black Robe posted:

Ugh, we've all been there, it is soul-crushing. You'll get there. Be gentle with yourself, and we'll be here when you're ready.

It has been VERY much an issue for me...considering I'm now awaiting rejection #40 come Monday, I have not been doing well.

On a less depressing note, I did force myself through another episode, and it was nice to do. Took my mind off of all of it, if at least for an hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0oDfiNRiTA

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
If making LP videos helps you, we're happy to have them. But if it's more trouble than it's worth right now, take care of yourself first.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

What do we do with a drunken sailor, early in the dungeon? :banjo:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I was wondering if you would get something extra for attacking that last boss early, since it seems like a lot of bosses have some kind of disadvantage if you can attack before they jump you. But I looked a few other videos and I didn't see any that showed it. Anyone know?

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Lemniscate Blue posted:

If making LP videos helps you, we're happy to have them. But if it's more trouble than it's worth right now, take care of yourself first.

I do enjoy it...usually the problem comes from finding the drive to start. Since I have to be thinking out loud and talking a lot (even if the "thinking" part is questionable!), it's a decent distraction.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I was wondering if you would get something extra for attacking that last boss early, since it seems like a lot of bosses have some kind of disadvantage if you can attack before they jump you. But I looked a few other videos and I didn't see any that showed it. Anyone know?

There were a bunch in the beginning section, and a few in the first DLC that would generally have less health if you got to them before the timer expired. Usually it was just listed under their traits, and would tell you if you hovered over them on the map, but didn't make a big deal of it once the fight started. The immediate first example was the fight with Embro, where he would have "Damp" as a trait if you got to him before the timer was out, which would cause him to have -3 health.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Next installment up. It gets REAL wild at the end, so make sure you hang around (there's a reason for the title)!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwZ2EsYWUVg

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Never send a goon to do a drunkard's job :colbert:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Slaan posted:

Never send a goon to do a drunkard's job :colbert:

He's certainly getting the start on the next go-round!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I'm impressed! I think using the Drunken Sailor put you at a disadvantage in that dungeon, and when I saw the boss had Crewmate I thought you were hosed on ice. But you pulled it off. Well done!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Rum is the major key to the sailor, that two heal when you hit one heart means as long as you count your incoming damage accurately so you're always ending your turn on one heart of health, you'll be ready for the next card while the enemy finds themselves losing the fight. It doesn't have a natural answer to three or four damage attacks (or more), so equipment cards like what helped you with the boss and/or anything else that gives extra healing/block is essential, but in exchange it doesn't benefit from more starting health quite the same or as much as other classes do vs. stuff that gives you greater flex on managing your current health for the turn (because while you're at +HUEG hearts you're not able to benefit from Rum's free heals). I was tempted to yell at my screen when you used your runes up to block a boosted Strike that would've been healed by Rum completely if you'd realized...

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I'm impressed! I think using the Drunken Sailor put you at a disadvantage in that dungeon, and when I saw the boss had Crewmate I thought you were hosed on ice. But you pulled it off. Well done!

Thanks! I had pretty much disregarded Crewmate, seeing as it hadn't had an effect against any other enemy with Crewmate thus far. I had initially thought that it was keeping an overall tally, and that it might be bugged somehow. I now realize that it only applies to people with Crewmate that are on the map at the time. Live and learn, I suppose, especially since I pulled it out.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Rum is the major key to the sailor, that two heal when you hit one heart means as long as you count your incoming damage accurately so you're always ending your turn on one heart of health, you'll be ready for the next card while the enemy finds themselves losing the fight. It doesn't have a natural answer to three or four damage attacks (or more), so equipment cards like what helped you with the boss and/or anything else that gives extra healing/block is essential, but in exchange it doesn't benefit from more starting health quite the same or as much as other classes do vs. stuff that gives you greater flex on managing your current health for the turn (because while you're at +HUEG hearts you're not able to benefit from Rum's free heals). I was tempted to yell at my screen when you used your runes up to block a boosted Strike that would've been healed by Rum completely if you'd realized...

I went and looked, and Rum only activates once per battle at 1 health. I'm also mostly used to tanking through everything (why I've been leaning so hard on the yodeler, since with his traits and the tonic he's starting with 9 health), so healing traits are usually not on my radar. I'll have to make sure I keep track of it next run.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Sorry for taking so long, again. I've been more stressed with having a month in my current position left with no new position, and after 41 interviews it gets to you a little. 1 a week might be the norm at this point--I enjoy doing this, but gathering the motivation is...hard.

Anyway, enough of that. You're here to see what stupid poo poo I can do! It's....actually not a lot this time. Ran pretty smoothly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99bYJCMBQQ

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Never apologize for real life bud :glomp:

Do apologize for murdering innocent crabs by boiling them in their own water with fire magic, however. You monster :colbert:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Slaan posted:

Do apologize for murdering innocent crabs by boiling them in their own water with fire magic, however. You monster :colbert:

Look, if they didn't want to be cooked, they shouldn't be so tasty.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Slaan posted:

Thank you. It's hard, and I enjoy it and clearly others do, too. I really don't want to be a failure at yet another thing.

Slaan posted:

You call it "murder", I call it "repurposing". They now have a crucial role in a seafood restaurant. :honked:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

When the Great Carcinization comes, you will be sorry! :argh: :crabcourse:

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Slaan posted:

When the Great Carcinization comes, you will be sorry! :argh: :crabcourse:

I mean, I had this guy show up beforehand. I think I'm okay

Anyway, next segment is up! I contradict myself right out of the gate, but it works out well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYtaWAB9BaA

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I've been hoping you would try some of the other classes.

Pew, pew! :science:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

First murder crabs and now destroy crab room? Poor poor crabs :(

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

No crab murder....THIS TIME...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JpMT1ntIRg

EDIT: Okay, maybe there's a LITTLE crab murder...

Professor Duck fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 19, 2023

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
No Crab Murder? I am disappointed. Down Voted, 0/10. Unwatched. Unsubscribed.

(that is a joke by the way. I'm a card carrying member of the Crustacean Mafia, and they have standards you see.)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I saw a few were crabs and hermit crabs get murdered there.

I am disappointed. Down Voted, 0/10. Unwatched. Unsubscribed.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

berryjon posted:

No Crab Murder? I am disappointed. Down Voted, 0/10. Unwatched. Unsubscribed.

(that is a joke by the way. I'm a card carrying member of the Crustacean Mafia, and they have standards you see.)

Slaan posted:

I saw a few were crabs and hermit crabs get murdered there.

I am disappointed. Down Voted, 0/10. Unwatched. Unsubscribed.

Those crabs had it comin'!

ALL WILL FALL TO THE DUNGEONEERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Professor Duck posted:

Those crabs had it comin'!

ALL WILL FALL TO THE DUNGEONEERS

What about the Lobsters, huh? Don't they get their just rewards too? ;)