Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
MMA is a wild sport. Thousands of people choose to fist fight each other, usually for less money than two weeks at a minimum wage job, all in the hopes of someday possibly achieving the impossible and becoming a world champion, and earning the equivalent of a year’s salary at a minimum wage job in a single night.

Then there are the people who seem to “fight” in the loosest sense of the word. The folks that go out there and lose, lose, lose, and lose some more. Double-digit, half-decade plus losing streaks. And usually, these people aren’t grinding out decisions that just don’t go their way. These people show up for about 90 seconds worth of work, tapping out or just laying limply as ground and pound rains down upon them, then it’s back at it again in a few weeks.

Currently, there is no grand compendium of these professional losers, until now. I’m not a computer whiz. I’m ok at spreadsheets, and that’s about it. I know nothing of creating a script to scrape a database (Frankly, it sounds untowards and rude to the database). All of this is done by hand, artisanal style. Most of these Dust Men are stumbled upon by looking up people for my B-League previews. Someone has a 1-40 guy on the record, and often enough, that leads to more Dust Men as I follow the rabbit hole. Because if you’ve faced one terrible fighter on your come up, chances are you’ve faced a few more.

Also, as a side note, this compendium has begun to serve a secondary purpose. Travis Fulton fought a lot of these dudes, often several times. I mean, it makes sense, you don’t rack up over 200 victories in MMA fighting every other weekend by taking on regular competition, you’ve got to throw in a few cupcakes on the schedule. Am I going to argue that most of these victories should be expunged from Fulton’s record? No, that sounds like even more work. I just want to point out that the dead, racist, sex criminal sucks in a few other ways, too.

Criteria of A Dust Man

Most Dust Men are bad. Real bad. Stinkably bad. 75% loss rate bad. Wins can be counted on a sloppy machinist’s hand kind of bad. You can usually spot a Dust Man because they’re something like 2-17, with 12 first round losses in a row, and their last win came against a debuting fighter who never competed again. Obviously, there’s a bit of leeway when it comes to strict definitions. It’s not quite “I know it when I see it”, but it’s close. Most Dust Men don’t require too much thought of if they are or aren’t terrible losers, the record speaks loudly enough.

Matt “The Wolfman” Albright

Record: 3-25 - 0.107
Streak: 2
Last Win: April 21, 2007
Notes: Albright’s Tapology page is weird as hell. He’s got an amateur record that runs from 06 - 07, and his pro career is 02 - 07. A picture of the man, let alone fight footage, seems impossible to come by. Did Matt “The Wolfman” Albright ever exist? Do any of us really exist? What does it mean to exist? Are we matter, flesh and blood, cells, atoms, protons, neutrons, and electrons? Or are we simply the ephemeral dreamstuff of a fitfully slumbering Titan, and what happens when it wakes? God drat you, Matt “Wolfman” Albright, for making me question reality because nobody has ever seen you get your rear end kicked!
Best Names: Wes Love, Billy Blish
Did He Fight Travis Fulton: At 0-7 when Travis was 156-42

Mark Aldridge

Record: 3-27 - 0.100
Streak: 15
Last Win: May 21, 2011
Notes: According to commentary on one fight, Aldridge has taken fights from featherweight to middleweight, so imagine if Kenny Florian was dogshit. I watched two of his bouts, one when he was just 1-2, and one of his last fights. In both, he easily got taken down, had his guard sliced to ribbons, and punched until the fight was stopped. He’s got classic British lack of wrestling, which is impressive when other British are the ones making you look worthless on the ground.
Best Names: Jish Iley, Pietro Menga, Venceslau Rangel, Zi Shah

Craig Allen

Record: 5-53 - 0.086
Current Streak: 6
Last Win: March 10, 2018
Notes: Craig Allen, at 5-48 fought for a regional UK title, because LOL. He mostly gets taken down quickly and shows no ability to defend against the evil witchcraft known as grappling, then submits. Again, when British grapplers are making you look incompetent, you know things have gone horribly wrong. Send these numpties to the Snakepit in Wigan to learn a proper grobbit what to keep em of their backs, unlike their lager-besotted mums.
Best Names: Danny Withington, Tolly Plested, Wesley Murch, Ben Deller Smith, Zi Shah, Ian Skivington, Leigh Cohoon

Kenneth Allen

Record: 1-43 - 0.022
Current Streak: 15
Last Win: July 15, 2006
Notes: Allen is apparently a 5’8” welterweight, which isn’t an ideal recipe for success. The picture on Tapology doesn’t look like the guy in the YouTube videos I’ve seen, so I’m a little concerned there’s some kind of trickeration going on. One fight even had him announced with more than one win, so I’m very lost. Will the real Kenneth Allen please stand up? gently caress’s sake, I’m going to have another crisis of existence like the Matt Albright debacle again because these jobbers are all the same guy using different names, or different guys using the same name, or I don’t know what.
Best Names: Rhomez Brower, Tom Hruby, Sam Jackson

Robert Bennett

Record: 1-11 - 0.083
Streak: 7
Last Win: June 8, 2013
Notes: In the two fights of Bennett’s that I watched, he gets floored very easily. He has some attempts at a guard game, putting his feet on the opponent’s hips, looking to control the wrists, but he doesn’t do anything of note. In one fight, Poor Bob gives up his back after some perfunctory ground and pound and easily submits to a choke. In the other, he just gets pounded out with ease.
Best Names: Michael Cockerham, Eric Slocum

Scott “Lionheart” Blevins

Record: 0-17 - 0.000
Notes: Scott is an amazing lens into the power of delusion. In the fights I’ve seen (And based on his record, this holds for all of his fights), Blevins swings wildly, falls over, turtles up and gets punched or tapped out, usually under 60 seconds. He’s done this 17 times in a row, and he still has a few callout videos proclaiming himself to be the “UFC Underdog”, and asking for rematches against guys that trounced him easily, or sometimes just calling out actual (At the time) UFC fighters like Spencer Fisher and Miguel Torres for various perceived slights. Trust me, Scott, if 2-1 Jeff Jenkins could handle you, an actual professional fighter who’s actually good would have done a literal war crime to you.
Best Names: Robert Mondloch, Braxton Shirar, Lucas Staehler

Blake “The Punisher” Breitsprecher

Record: 3-14 - 0.176
Streak: 5
Last Win: March 9, 2013
Notes: Breitsprecher is another guy with an official record that deviates wildly from what gets announced on the grainy, 240p videos of his fights uploaded 15 years ago. In one such bout, he was listed as a champion of multiple organizations, boasting a 20-12 record. In that fight, a loss to Rakim Cleveland, Blake threw slapping leg kicks, tried some spinning body kicks, and showed decent takedowns. He got caught in some submissions, and was ultimately finished by giving up his back and tapping out after absorbing 4 punches. There’s also a video of him singing the National Anthem before an event in Iowa, so Blake “The Punisher” Breitsprecher is a multi-faceted individual, it’s just that one facet (fighting other men for money) is terrible, and the other (an ok singing voice) isn’t good enough to pay the bills.
Best Names: Chuck Parmelee, Roy Jones
Did He He Fight Travis Fulton: At 0-0, when Fulton was 242-46, then twice more in boxing, plus again in MMA, at 3-10, with Fulton at 251-50 (3 years from their first fight)

C is for Crappy

Will “Carnage” Cairns

Record: 1-46 (5 ineligible), 3-43 Amateur - 0.021
Current Losing Streak: 5
Last Win: February 22, 2020
Notes: Will Cairns gets called “very experienced” in all his fights, yet his record is never discussed. Curious. He loves nothing more than to throw winging haymakers, get taken down, and smashed on the ground. Whether it’s a no-hooks RNC or tepid ground and pound, Will Cairns will tap out to anyone’s offense, guaranteed or your money back!
Best Names: Bane Dundavan, Dan Tempest, Josh Leet, James Huck, Dru Oakes, Jazz Singh, Tommy Gunn, Kevin Fryer, Kams Ekpo, Dan Gibbon, Onur Caglar, Nigel Whitear, Rico Franco, Kimbo Tinghaugen, Festus Ahorlu, Iss Kurdi

Melville Calabaca

Record: 2-9 - 0.181
Last Win: September 30, 2005
Notes: Melville is an early borderline case. While 2-9 is a bad record, is it truly indicative of a true chump? Perhaps, but when one-third of your losses have come inside a minute, I think that’s more than enough proof. Also, of course there’s no footage of this guy.
Best Names: Tony Zamora, Brian Bourgeois, Ron Rumpf

Jason “The Troll” Carrier

Record: 2-14 - 0.125
Last Win: July 23, 2011
Notes: Fighting “troll style” seems to entail swinging wide and wild hooks, never connecting, and then wilting under the slightest bit of return fire.
Best Names: Paul Compton, Tyrelle Olding, Cornelius Godfrey, Dillard Pegg

Jeff Carstens

Record: 8-25 - 0.242
Last Win: January 15, 2011
Notes: I feel bad for Jeff Carstens. He seems to have been a punching bag for some of the Midwest’s most notable names. He met Clay Guida at 1-4, when Guida was 16-3, which is just criminal matchmaking. He faced a 1-0 Tyron Woodley at 6-17, and he faced 10-0 Joe Ellenberger at 8-20. Just an atrocious time for Jeff. Buy Jeff a soda if you see him and tell him it’s ok, the bad men can’t hurt him any more.
Best Names: Ryan Peacock, Adam G, John Rite, Mike Wunderlich, Billy Armstrong, Will Shutt, Jaxson Mason

Ron “The Savage” Carter

Record: 4-18 - 0.181
Streak: 8
Last Win: April 13, 2012
Notes: Ron Carter fights out of Team Grandma Shirley. I wish he was better than he was just for that factoid, but sadly, he’s not very good. It’s more of the same, takedown, some ground and pound, and then a submission. Another day, another literal dollar earned.
Best Names: Daryl Wise, Tristan Yunker, Anton Talamantes, Andenilson Clementino, Danny Surface

Chris Clark

Record: 7-30 - 0.189
Last Win: December 7, 2007
Notes: The only footage I found of Chris Clark that matches up against someone on his Tapology page was facing a 1-0 Brett Rogers when Clark was 3-13. Needless to say, Clark got punched very hard in the head in a short contest.
Best Names: Token Bell, Cory Walmsley, Jade Link, Mike Block, Eric Tix, Karl Knothe, Jay Schnitzmeyer, Andy Montana, Greg Hammer, Otis Funk, Sean Threefingers, Shane DeZee
Did He Fight Travis Fulton: At 2-8 when Fulton was 171-43, at 3-12 when Fulton was 176-43 (7 months apart)

Andy “The Immortal” Cona

Record: 5-35 - 0.125
Streak: 1 (Win)
Last Win: October 26, 2019
Notes: Cona at one point said he fights for his daughter, and while that’s admirable, maybe his daughter should have some humanity and tell her dad to hang up the gloves. Anyway, Andy has the classic “lie back and think of England” grappling style which sees him hold desperately to a headlock at all costs. This basically never works.
Best Names: Ash Davis, Jamie Crisp, Kyle Redfearn, Ashley-James Clive Bridgeman, Jamaine Facey, Lewis Monarch, Stuart Gooch, Galip Koc, Colin Wilby

Nic Cox

Record: 1-12 - 0.076
Last Win: April 6, 2013
Notes: I found one of Nic’s fights, and it’s just his opponent, Jordan Neer’s friends and family screaming at Jordan to beat Nic’s bitch rear end the gently caress up. He does, easily, inside of one minute. Thank you for blowing out my eardrums, Jordan’s friends and family.
Best Names: Dennis Deaver, Stoney Stuart

Anderson Cruz

Record: 3-12 - 0.200
Last Win: August 18, 2012
Notes: It is a shameful thing to find a Brazilian who has no ground game. Anderson looks utterly lost on the floor, simply sticking his arms out to try and create distance or desperate body clinching.
Best Names: Eduardo Wellington, Rizvan Zhantcaev

D is for Dreadful

Jeremiah Davenport

Record: 0-11 - 0.000
Notes: There is footage of someone named Jeremiah Davenport, but his fights don’t match up with anyone this specific Jeremiah Davenport has on record. Fun stuff!
Best Names: Darnell Davis, Mike Sixel, Billy Kidd

Stuart Davies

Record: 8-26 - 0.235
Last Win: August 7, 2011
Notes: I’m not sure what happened to Stuart Davies. At one point in his career, he was a respectable 6-3, and after some rocky times, was 8-11. Then he lost 15 straight fights, absolutely cementing him in Dustman status. Did he lose the will to try? Is he depressed? He lost an interim title fight to a guy who has a win by Chest Smother on his record. Maybe someone should have done a wellness check on Stuart Davies 10 years ago.
Best Names: Ross Mould, Nathan Beer, Dale Hardiman, Wesley Murch

Dragan Dragojevi

Record: 1-11 (1-11 boxing) - 0.083
Streak: 8 (MMA), 1 (Boxing)
Last Win: July 28, 2017 (MMA)
Notes: This guy is bad at boxing and MMA, and it might be because his standup consists of shelling up in fear at every exchange.
Best Names: Claudio Squeo

E is for Embarrassing

Franklin Chancelor Edmonson

Record: 2-17 - 0.105
Last Win: June 11, 2011
Notes: This dude is named Franklin Chancellor Edmonson and he decided to become a cage fighter. That’s just bad life planning. With that kind of name, he should have become an investment firm.
Best Names: Jerry Barron, Albert Stainbeck, Tim Stout, Jason Coomer, Courage Tshabalala

Jason Ehresmann

Record: 6-24 - 0.200
Streak: 6
Last Win: October 15, 2011
Notes: Ehresmann has one of my favorite moments in Dustman Lore, lying about your record to a regional organization. Of his fights that I watched, he’s shown a predilection for jumping guillotines, failing, and getting pummeled.
Best Names: Chris Descourouez, Justin Reason, Cameron Schrempp, Chuck Parmelee

Jay Ellis

Record: 16-107 (0-5 boxing, 0-1 Muay Thai) - 0.130
Current Streak: 10
Last Win: November 5, 2021
Notes: It’s said you learn more from a loss than a win. Jay Ellis must be the most knowledgeable fighter of all time. Apparently none of that information is actually applicable to fighting, since Jay keeps catching Ls. I mean, his name is Jay L is, Jay is Ls. Talk about nominative determinism.
Best Names: Andy Normington, Mike Stumpf, Caleb Krull, James Warfield-Lane, Bobby Reardanz

Gary Ellison

Record: 0-10 (2 Ineligible) - 0.000
Notes: I discovered two great moments in Ellison’s fight history. There was one fight when he was announced as Will Cairns, though the on-screen graphic and YouTube title list it as a “Garry Ellison” fight. Second is one bout when he took a low kick, fell down, took one hammerfist, but the opponent backed off, and Gary looked confused that the fight was going to continue. It lasted about thirty more seconds, but Gary really thought the fight was supposed to be over once his back hit the canvas. The old “This fight is going to be three hits. You hit me, I hit the floor, you hit me one more time to finish me off”, but it didn’t go exactly to plan for Gary.
Best Names: Erol Raif, Jordan Stronge, David Relph

Chris Ensley

Record: 6-46 - 0.115
Streak: 18
Last Win: May 30, 2014
Notes: One fight saw Ensley announced as being 42-38. The lies. The lies! His fighting style is to bounce on his toes and throw the world’s slowest kicks. Somehow this has not worked for him.
Best Names: Jake Albinio, Sterling Ford, Dave Courchaine, Jessee Gengler

Brad Evans

Record: 3-17 - 0.150
Last Win: August 3, 2019
Notes: I’ll say this for Evans, he doesn’t instantly give up and go limp when ground and pound starts raining down. There was even one fight when he escaped and got back to his feet, if only briefly.
Best Names: Ash Williams, Reece Street, Decky Dalton

Ty Evans

Record: 0-12 - 0.000
Notes: I’m not sure how this happened, mostly because I refuse to watch this particular fight, but after losing 9 straight in the first round, his most recent bout went the full 15 minutes. Congrats on the perseverance, Ty!
Best Names: Baraq Hunter, Willis Boudoin

F is for Failure

Washington “Gigante” Ferreira

Record: 2-10 - 0.167
Streak: 3
Last Win: May 20, 2010
Notes: Strange, but there’s no footage of a guy who got his rear end kicked on the Brazilian regional scene in the mid-2000s. Maybe Chael Sonnen was right and Brazil really doesn’t have internet.
Best Names: Junior Fofinho, Corcino Troglo

Bobby “The Bully” Ferrier

Record: 9-27 - 0.250
Last Win: December 31, 2012
Notes: In one of Bobby’s most recent bouts, the commentators noted that he hadn’t had time to train regularly, so he was out of shape, but hey, the fight was some extra cash. At least we’ve finally got some honesty for a Dustman.
Best Names: Cody Pasquale, Jake Grabowski, Jos Eichelberger, Brett Shoenfelt, Randy Kittleson

Kris Fleurestil

Record: 1-14 - 0.067
Streak: 13
Last Win: October 7, 2006
Notes: There appears to be no footage of Fleurestil in action, sadly not even against Shonie Carter.
Best Names: Daniel Wanderley, Russ Janca, Brent Mehrhoff

Martin Fouda

Record: 5-20 - 0.200
Streak: 9
Last Win: August 3, 2019
Notes: Fouda’s a rare breed of Dustman in that all his wins and a fair number of losses are by decision. Granted, his last four have all ended in the first round, but he’s not always instantly crumbling. Of course, the fights I did watch that’s what happened, because I’m not a complete masochist, I’m not watching a Dustman’s decision losses.
Best Names: Botan Tokay, Timo-Juhani Hirvikangas, Lewis McGrillen-Evans

Zane “Nasty” Frazier

Record: 4-11 - 0.266
Streak: 1
Last Win: November 5, 2005
Notes: Perhaps other than Jay Ellis, who is the Godking of Dustmen, there isn’t a more notable guy with a bad record than Zane Frazier. He competed at the very first UFC, plus UFC 9. He also has a classic old school MMA weird loss on his record (Injured falling out of the ring at the World Vale Tudo Championships against Mestre Hulk). He’s also lost a lot of fights by TKO for being an alleged karate champion. Though I’m sure he was one of those karate champions where they don’t allow anything stronger than light taps to the chest and stern looks.
Best Names: Wes Gassaway, Ron Rumpf

G is for Godawful

Vladimir Gerasimchik

Streak: 11
Last Win: March 4, 2010
Notes: We’ve got a doughy, sub-6 foot heavyweight who got wetly slapped in the torso by Nikita Krylov at Oplot and gave up a kimura in a minute. A proud tradition that will live on forever.
Best Names: Guram Gugenishvili, Dmitry Poberezhets

Ashley Gibson

Record: 2-17 - 0.105, 1-28 amateur - 0.034
Streak: 17
Last Win: March 26, 2016
Notes: Gibson has one plan, and that plan is to throw overhand rights with wild abandon. When he isn’t getting easily countered, he’s overextending and getting taken down and submitted with ease.
Best Names: Ben Pickles, Jonny Brocklesby, Madars Fleminas, Matt Pepper, Nills Van Noord

Carlos Eduardo “Cachorro Louco” Gomes

Record: 4-25 - 0.138
Streak: 6
Last Win: July 16, 2022
Notes: Carlos Gomes is well into his 40s and he fought 8 times in 2022, going 1-7, with four first round TKO losses.
Best Names: Kolton Englund, Albino Negrao, Sanderson Tita, Magno Silva

Yuri Gorbenko

Record: 12-50 - 0.194
Streak: 24
Last Win: February 14, 2016
Notes: Yuri had back to back fights with Ion Cutelaba and Serghei Spivac, which is a tough time for most regional guys, but it’s especially hard for a sub-6 foot hairy lima bean man.
Best Names: Vitaly Lichman, Konstantin Glukhov, Pavel Snigur, Donald Njatah Nya, Boubacar Balde, Rihards Bigis, Muslimbek Muslimov

H is for Horrible

Vic Hall

Record: 6-22 - 0.214
Last Win: February 8, 2014
Notes: I won’t say Hall has no ground skills. I’ve seen him scramble out of bad positions, but he doesn’t really have good ground skills. That should be expected when all but one loss has been by submission.
Best Names: Quinton Askelson, Thad Yaggy, Brandon Bowser, Beau Admire, Jarrod L’Heureux
Did He Fight Travis Fulton: At 1-0 when Fulton was 220-46

Mark Hermann

Record: 2-13 - 0.133
Last Win: October 13, 2007
Notes: Jesus Christ, Hermann’s career barring his last fight in 2012, all took place in 2007. He fought fourteen times, almost exclusively in Iowa, losing 13 times. What a horrible life. Just getting pummeled in front of the same two dozen people in the Cedar Rapids airport Quality Inn conference room over and over and over. And over.
Best Names: BeeJay Hurst III, John Cronkling

RT Hicks

Record: 4-22 - 0.153
Last Win: February 6, 2010
Notes: “666” RT Hicks has an enormous 666 back piece and is utterly dreadful at fighting. Guess the Devil doesn’t help that much. He basically gets dumped on the ground and punched until he gives up. Hail Satan!
Best Names: Thor Freeburg, Starr Roberts Jr

Albert Hill

Record: 3-20 - 0.130
Streak: 11
Last Win: July 8, 2006
Notes: Quite a conundrum we have here. Hill’s got a picture on his Tapology profile, so I assume his fights wouldn’t be hard to track down. Yet when I slap my horrid little flippers on the keyboard and punch the keys that make “ablerp hlil mmmmm, aaaaaa” into YouTube, it only gives me one Albert Hill fight, but it’s not against anyone on his record. What the hell, guys. This should have been relatively easy.
Best Names: Nick Shadwick, Tony Llamas, Shawn Bias, Billy Kidd

Jonathan “Dragon” Hines

Record: 3-27 (0-2 Boxing) - 0.100
Current Streak: 6
Last Win: February 15, 2014
Notes: Hines is another guy with no fight footage that matches his record, so I don’t know if the one or two videos of Jonathan Hines MMA are him or not. This project sure gets frustrating at times!
Best Names: Nate Jolly, Shane Matchette, TJ Barber, Portland Pringle III

Mikiko Hiyama

Record: 0-11 - 0.000, 0-1 Exhibition, 0-1 Amateur
Streak: 13
Notes: We got ourselves a Dustwoman! Hiyama has shown, in the two fights of hers I watched, less than rudimentary striking, and at best bad ground skills. Still, she goes out there and gets wrecked regularly for no discernable reason. She recently lost via Chicken Wing Armlock, which is strange because I thought Bob Backlund was dead.
Best Names: Hyo Kyung “Goddess of the Octagon” Song

Jeff “The Steuss Killer” Horlacher

Streak: 1
Last Win: July 30, 2011
Notes: Whatever the hell a Steuss is, rest assured, they are safe from bum-rear end Jeff. He easily gets taken down and submitted. The few times he’s ended up in an advantageous position on the ground, it’s because an opponent got too overzealous in their submission attempts. He also fought Drew Fickett twice, once in his debut when Fickett was 3-0, which isn’t so bad, and again when he was 5-11 and Drew had rocketed up to 33-5 which has got to suck. Also, most egregious of all, Horlacher has put out “rap disses” against opponents which are just 4 minutes of him saying mostly homophobic rhyming couplets. gently caress off, Jeff.
Best Names: Ted Opalinski, Rob Wooden, Joe Vigil, Robert Rose, Travis Degrout

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
reserved for more dustmen

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

reserved for probably the last set of dustment

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
loving incredible idea. it's like the old midcard thread that i loved but more inherently entertaining.

e: really refraining from posting until everyone has had a chance to enjoy this but a 0-3 guy fighting a guy with 200 fights is just so, so loving good.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 16, 2023

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m about this thread.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
This is great content and a great idea.

I know since I started the tap group and looking at their site more and more it astonishes me some of the records people have.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Before reading your post I thought for sure Shannon Ritch would be on your list. He was the guy Brian Ebersole was clowning on so bad he hit a cartwheel pass on Ritch, the CSAC thought match was a work and suspended Brian for a year. But at 58 wins and 89 losses, Shannon is way too much of A Guy to make the list. Hell those 58 to 89 is practically pick em odds compared to the rest. He did manage to be Travis Fulton's last win though.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Go to the place where you belong from now on - the dustmen of history!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I want it known: we will not be learning anything in this thread. I will glean no new knowledge from watching these chumps fight (If they have recorded fights).

I will be posting a new swathe of Dustmen twice a month, unless I get behind and then I'll enter panic mode.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Whenever Jay Ellis is not in the thread, all the other posters should be asking "Where's Jay Ellis?"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

any tales of dustmen fighting eachother?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Looking forward to this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a thread about dustmen, you say

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This thread rules and I cannot wait for the full roster of dustmen.

Boco_T posted:

Whenever Jay Ellis is not in the thread, all the other posters should be asking "Where's Jay Ellis?"

This was the first thing I thought about, too, and I wanted to nominate him for Dust King.

If Travis Fulton was the foundational journeyman jobber for mixed martial arts, Jay Ellis is a newer, better model, a Travis Fulton for the twenty-first century that does not believe in Walmart racism or child predation. Or so I assume. He doesn't actually seem to have any social media, so who the gently caress knows.

But he is 16-107 in mixed martial arts, 0-5 in boxing, and 0-1 in Muay Thai across a star-studded, 17-year tenure. That makes a grand total of 16 wins and 113 losses. 109 of those losses were stoppages: 73 submissions, 25 knockouts and one single disqualification loss to Tommy Lee, whose drumming, I assume, isn't as good as the other one's. In this recordsetting jobber career, he has, somehow, fought:
  • Bart "Bartimus" Palaszewski, top featherweight contender in the WEC and brief UFC aspirant
  • Gerald Meerschaert, UFC middleweight journeyman extraordinaire, whom Jay Ellis somehow actually beat once (before getting trounced in a rematch)
  • Kiuma Kunioku, King of Pancrase at both welterweight and middleweight, who once beat Nate Marquardt and drew with Sean Sherk
  • Rory Markham, welterweight champion of the International Fight League and one of the few Nate Diaz welterweight victims
  • Anthony Pettis, WEC lightweight champion, UFC lightweight champion and incestuous threesome enthusiast
  • Pat Curran, Bellator featherweight champion, twice
  • Daniel Straus, Bellator featherweight champion and one of five men on earth to beat Patricio Pitbull
  • Tommy Speer, runner-up on The Ultimate Fighter 6
  • Marc Stevens, the Josh Koscheck teammate that Cody McKenzie memetically choked out on The Ultimate Fighter 12
  • Johnny Case, the #2 lightweight in Rizin
  • Anthony Rocco Martin, jiu-jitsu champion and 6-year UFC veteran turned domestic abuse and possible neo-nazi case
  • Don Shainis, current UFC featherweight
  • Colby Covington, interim UFC champion and enormous anus
He's the dustman for a newer, wiser generation.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Awesome idea.

Who did Kenneth Allen beat lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Shaun "The Legend" Lomas has a lot more wins than most here, a healthy 24, offset by his astonishing 83 losses. 46 of which from submission. It might be less surprising that he's British.

But he's still fighting - his most recent fight was only in May last year losing by inverted heel hook. Since 2018 he has gone a remarkable 0-10-1 including a TKO loss at 0:00 of round two.

But it's submissions where he shines because he doesn't just take them he dishes them out including several wins by armbar, two wins by kimura and one win by an actual omoplata.

He has somehow lost twice to a brabo choke, a key lock and a toe hold.

Near as I can tell the only people with any career he's faced is bellator submission artist Lewis "The Foot" Long and bellator 2-2 washout Kent Kauppinen who managed to defeat Alessio Sakara in 2018 and lose to Mrlvin Manhoef in 2019.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Lid posted:

Near as I can tell the only people with any career he's faced is bellator submission artist Lewis "The Foot" Long and bellator 2-2 washout Kent Kauppinen who managed to defeat Alessio Sakara in 2018 and lose to Mrlvin Manhoef in 2019.

He also fought this man:

Can you guess who's record this is?

Hint: All their fights after this were in UFC

Answer: Jimi Manuwa

Brut fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 16, 2023

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Cavauro posted:

any tales of dustmen fighting eachother?

Yes, often if a Dustman has wins, it's either against someone who barely exists as a concept, or it's against another dustman.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Can I please just mention the worst sumo practitioner ever?

Hattorizakura Futoshi (later Shōnanzakura Sōta) competed for 6 years and retired in 2021 with a record of 3 wins and 238 losses. I don't even know how to talk about him. Just look at this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1204819788817739777

That was in the very lowest division of sumo and if you've done any contact sports in your life you'd have a good shot of promotion to the next division. He shattered records for most consecutive losses which sure is something. I cannot explain why he did this for six years.

Japan's most lamentable dust man.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

He wins at 0:37

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

im Tolly Plested irl

great thread, greater dustmen

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

ilmucche posted:

He wins at 0:37

Nah there's a specific rule where if your opponent has you completely lifted in the air it doesn't matter if he steps out first in the process of carrying you outside the ring.

Here are videos of all his wins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3gkCeZvSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNsbVFZUyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLZnTcQvgVY

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Brut posted:

Nah there's a specific rule where if your opponent has you completely lifted in the air it doesn't matter if he steps out first in the process of carrying you outside the ring.

Here are videos of all his wins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3gkCeZvSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNsbVFZUyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLZnTcQvgVY

I didn't know that rule existed. Wonder how often it comes into play outside of the lower ranks.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Brut posted:

literally did not know this. thanks.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Thanks to Jon Bois' the Bob Emergency we have Bob Ciccalone aka Bob Cyclone a journeyman from the 1950s who went 0-13 with 9 KOs once was 2 KOs in three days to the same opponent. No images of this man exists.

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/210961

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

B is for Bad

Robert Bennett

Last Win: June 8, 2013
Notes: In the two fights of Bennett’s that I watched, he gets floored very easily. He has some attempts at a guard game, putting his feet on the opponent’s hips, looking to control the wrists, but he doesn’t do anything of note. In one fight, Poor Bob gives up his back after some perfunctory ground and pound and easily submits to a choke. In the other, he just gets pounded out with ease.
Best Names: Michael Cockerham, Eric Slocum

Notes: Scott is an amazing lens into the power of delusion. In the fights I’ve seen (And based on his record, this holds for all of his fights), Blevins swings wildly, falls over, turtles up and gets punched or tapped out, usually under 60 seconds. He’s done this 17 times in a row, and he still has a few callout videos proclaiming himself to be the “UFC Underdog”, and asking for rematches against guys that trounced him easily, or sometimes just calling out actual (At the time) UFC fighters like Spencer Fisher and Miguel Torres for various perceived slights. Trust me, Scott, if 2-1 Jeff Jenkins could handle you, an actual professional fighter who’s actually good would have done a literal war crime to you.

Blake “The Punisher” Breitsprecher

Record: 3-14 - 0.176
Last Win: March 9, 2013
Notes: Breitsprecher is another guy with an official record that deviates wildly from what gets announced on the grainy, 240p videos of his fights uploaded 15 years ago. In one such bout, he was listed as a champion of multiple organizations, boasting a 20-12 record. In that fight, a loss to Rakim Cleveland, Blake threw slapping leg kicks, tried some spinning body kicks, and showed decent takedowns. He got caught in some submissions, and was ultimately finished by giving up his back and tapping out after absorbing 4 punches. There’s also a video of him singing the National Anthem before an event in Iowa, so Blake “The Punisher” Breitsprecher is a multi-faceted individual, it’s just that one facet (fighting other men for money) is terrible, and the other (an ok singing voice) isn’t good enough to pay the bills.
Best Names: Chuck Parmelee, Roy Jones
Did He He Fight Travis Fulton: At 0-0, when Fulton was 242-46, then twice more in boxing, plus again in MMA, at 3-10, with Fulton at 251-50 (3 years from their first fight)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LobsterMobster posted:

He's working a charlie z gimmick

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love the pics and the men.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Robert Bennett

I, too, am the hole at the center of Robert Bennett.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

Great thread but you forgot to include blevins' streak!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Great thread but you forgot to include blevins' streak!

infinite

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

new dustmans, get'cher new dustmens

C is for Crappy

Will “Carnage” Cairns

Record: 1-46 (5 ineligible), 3-43 Amateur - 0.021
Current Losing Streak: 5
Last Win: February 22, 2020
Notes: Will Cairns gets called “very experienced” in all his fights, yet his record is never discussed. Curious. He loves nothing more than to throw winging haymakers, get taken down, and smashed on the ground. Whether it’s a no-hooks RNC or tepid ground and pound, Will Cairns will tap out to anyone’s offense, guaranteed or your money back!
Best Names: Bane Dundavan, Dan Tempest, Josh Leet, James Huck, Dru Oakes, Jazz Singh, Tommy Gunn, Kevin Fryer, Kams Ekpo, Dan Gibbon, Onur Caglar, Nigel Whitear, Rico Franco, Kimbo Tinghaugen, Festus Ahorlu, Iss Kurdi

Melville Calabaca

Record: 2-9 - 0.181
Last Win: September 30, 2005
Notes: Melville is an early borderline case. While 2-9 is a bad record, is it truly indicative of a true chump? Perhaps, but when one-third of your losses have come inside a minute, I think that’s more than enough proof. Also, of course there’s no footage of this guy.
Best Names: Tony Zamora, Brian Bourgeois, Ron Rumpf

Jason “The Troll” Carrier

Record: 2-14 - 0.125
Last Win: July 23, 2011
Notes: Fighting “troll style” seems to entail swinging wide and wild hooks, never connecting, and then wilting under the slightest bit of return fire.
Best Names: Paul Compton, Tyrelle Olding, Cornelius Godfrey, Dillard Pegg

Jeff Carstens

Notes: I feel bad for Jeff Carstens. He seems to have been a punching bag for some of the Midwest’s most notable names. He met Clay Guida at 1-4, when Guida was 16-3, which is just criminal matchmaking. He faced a 1-0 Tyron Woodley at 6-17, and he faced 10-0 Joe Ellenberger at 8-20. Just an atrocious time for Jeff. Buy Jeff a soda if you see him and tell him it’s ok, the bad men can’t hurt him any more.
Best Names: Ryan Peacock, Adam G, John Rite, Mike Wunderlich, Billy Armstrong, Will Shutt, Jaxson Mason

Ron “The Savage” Carter

Record: 4-18 - 0.181
Last Win: April 13, 2012
Notes: Ron Carter fights out of Team Grandma Shirley. I wish he was better than he was just for that factoid, but sadly, he’s not very good. It’s more of the same, takedown, some ground and pound, and then a submission. Another day, another literal dollar earned.
Best Names: Daryl Wise, Tristan Yunker, Anton Talamantes, Andenilson Clementino, Danny Surface

Chris Clark

Record: 7-30 - 0.189
Last Win: December 7, 2007
Notes: The only footage I found of Chris Clark that matches up against someone on his Tapology page was facing a 1-0 Brett Rogers when Clark was 3-13. Needless to say, Clark got punched very hard in the head in a short contest.
Best Names: Token Bell, Cory Walmsley, Jade Link, Mike Block, Eric Tix, Karl Knothe, Jay Schnitzmeyer, Andy Montana, Greg Hammer, Otis Funk, Sean Threefingers, Shane DeZee
Did He Fight Travis Fulton: At 2-8 when Fulton was 171-43, at 3-12 when Fulton was 176-43 (7 months apart)

Andy “The Immortal” Cona

Record: 5-35 - 0.125
Streak: 1 (Win)
Last Win: October 26, 2019
Notes: Cona at one point said he fights for his daughter, and while that’s admirable, maybe his daughter should have some humanity and tell her dad to hang up the gloves. Anyway, Andy has the classic “lie back and think of England” grappling style which sees him hold desperately to a headlock at all costs. This basically never works.
Best Names: Ash Davis, Jamie Crisp, Kyle Redfearn, Ashley-James Clive Bridgeman, Jamaine Facey, Lewis Monarch, Stuart Gooch, Galip Koc, Colin Wilby

Nic Cox

Record: 1-12 - 0.076
Last Win: April 6, 2013
Notes: I found one of Nic’s fights, and it’s just his opponent, Jordan Neer’s friends and family screaming at Jordan to beat Nic’s bitch rear end the gently caress up. He does, easily, inside of one minute. Thank you for blowing out my eardrums, Jordan’s friends and family.
Best Names: Dennis Deaver, Stoney Stuart

Anderson Cruz

Record: 3-12 - 0.200
Last Win: August 18, 2012
Notes: It is a shameful thing to find a Brazilian who has no ground game. Anderson looks utterly lost on the floor, simply sticking his arms out to try and create distance or desperate body clinching.
Best Names: Eduardo Wellington, Rizvan Zhantcaev

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

LobsterMobster posted:

Jeff Carstens

This guy could not catch a break.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I love dustmen whose names are combinations of famous MMA names

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

LobsterMobster posted:

Anderson Cruz

great picture and great write-ups

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Does Dan Quinn count as a dustman or was his record not bad enough?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sadly, Daniel Alosius Quinn only went 5-7 in recorded mixed martial arts contests, well below the criteria for dustman status

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Another day, another literal dollar earned.

lol.

good poo poo.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

i have a good friend with the same name as one of your latest dustmen. it's the same name as a guy (formerly local to us) who always had warrants. because this was iowa, and both dudes were black, he had no shortage of police encounters. im sure he'd be more embarrassed by the dustman's performance with the name than the guy who got him pulled over a dozen or more times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

i have a good friend with the same name as one of your latest dustmen. it's the same name as a guy (formerly local to us) who always had warrants. because this was iowa, and both dudes were black, he had no shortage of police encounters. im sure he'd be more embarrassed by the dustman's performance with the name than the guy who got him pulled over a dozen or more timed

Don't doxx your friend, but I am going to assume the name in common is Melville Calabaca just because I want to imagine a world where there are more than one person with that name