Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

he goes by mel, tbf

also, im ron rumpf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Jeff Carstens

regional scene so tragic today's modern warriors can't even afford pants

these rule, lobmob

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
it's the end of the month, time for more dust styled mens!

D is for Dreadful

Jeremiah Davenport

Record: 0-11 - 0.000
Notes: There is footage of someone named Jeremiah Davenport, but his fights don’t match up with anyone this specific Jeremiah Davenport has on record. Fun stuff!
Best Names: Darnell Davis, Mike Sixel, Billy Kidd

Stuart Davies

Record: 8-26 - 0.235
Streak: 15
Last Win: August 7, 2011
Notes: I’m not sure what happened to Stuart Davies. At one point in his career, he was a respectable 6-3, and after some rocky times, was 8-11. Then he lost 15 straight fights, absolutely cementing him in Dustman status. Did he lose the will to try? Is he depressed? He lost an interim title fight to a guy who has a win by Chest Smother on his record. Maybe someone should have done a wellness check on Stuart Davies 10 years ago.
Best Names: Ross Mould, Nathan Beer, Dale Hardiman, Wesley Murch

Dragan Dragojevi

Record: 1-11 (1-11 boxing) - 0.083
Streak: 8 (MMA), 1 (Boxing)
Last Win: July 28, 2017 (MMA)
Notes: This guy is bad at boxing and MMA, and it might be because his standup consists of shelling up in fear at every exchange.
Best Names: Claudio Squeo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
new dustmen? new dustmen.

E is for Embarrassing

Franklin Chancelor Edmonson

Record: 2-17 - 0.105
Streak: 5
Last Win: June 11, 2011
Notes: This dude is named Franklin Chancellor Edmonson and he decided to become a cage fighter. That’s just bad life planning. With that kind of name, he should have become an investment firm.
Best Names: Jerry Barron, Albert Stainbeck, Tim Stout, Jason Coomer, Courage Tshabalala

Jason Ehresmann

Record: 6-24 - 0.200
Streak: 6
Last Win: October 15, 2011
Notes: Ehresmann has one of my favorite moments in Dustman Lore, lying about your record to a regional organization. Of his fights that I watched, he’s shown a predilection for jumping guillotines, failing, and getting pummeled.
Best Names: Chris Descourouez, Justin Reason, Cameron Schrempp, Chuck Parmelee

Jay Ellis

Record: 16-107 (0-5 boxing, 0-1 Muay Thai) - 0.130
Current Streak: 10
Last Win: November 5, 2021
Notes: It’s said you learn more from a loss than a win. Jay Ellis must be the most knowledgeable fighter of all time. Apparently none of that information is actually applicable to fighting, since Jay keeps catching Ls. I mean, his name is Jay L is, Jay is Ls. Talk about nominative determinism.
Best Names: Andy Normington, Mike Stumpf, Caleb Krull, James Warfield-Lane, Bobby Reardanz

Gary Ellison

Record: 0-10 (2 Ineligible) - 0.000
Notes: I discovered two great moments in Ellison’s fight history. There was one fight when he was announced as Will Cairns, though the on-screen graphic and YouTube title list it as a “Garry Ellison” fight. Second is one bout when he took a low kick, fell down, took one hammerfist, but the opponent backed off, and Gary looked confused that the fight was going to continue. It lasted about thirty more seconds, but Gary really thought the fight was supposed to be over once his back hit the canvas. The old “This fight is going to be three hits. You hit me, I hit the floor, you hit me one more time to finish me off”, but it didn’t go exactly to plan for Gary.
Best Names: Erol Raif, Jordan Stronge, David Relph

Chris Ensley

Record: 6-46 - 0.115
Streak: 18
Last Win: May 30, 2014
Notes: One fight saw Ensley announced as being 42-38. The lies. The lies! His fighting style is to bounce on his toes and throw the world’s slowest kicks. Somehow this has not worked for him.
Best Names: Jake Albinio, Sterling Ford, Dave Courchaine, Jessee Gengler

Brad Evans

Record: 3-17 - 0.150
Last Win: August 3, 2019
Notes: I’ll say this for Evans, he doesn’t instantly give up and go limp when ground and pound starts raining down. There was even one fight when he escaped and got back to his feet, if only briefly.
Best Names: Ash Williams, Reece Street, Decky Dalton

Ty Evans

Record: 0-12 - 0.000
Notes: I’m not sure how this happened, mostly because I refuse to watch this particular fight, but after losing 9 straight in the first round, his most recent bout went the full 15 minutes. Congrats on the perseverance, Ty!
Best Names: Baraq Hunter, Willis Boudoin

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i badly want ty vs. brad in a battle of the worst evanses

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

i badly want ty vs. brad in a battle of the worst evanses

brad's got a cool snake or maybe dragon tattoo, but ty owns a gi

should be a tough match for both

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

new dustmen? new dustmen.

E is for Embarrassing

Chris Ensley

Record: 6-46 - 0.115
Streak: 18
Last Win: May 30, 2014
Notes: One fight saw Ensley announced as being 42-38. The lies. The lies! His fighting style is to bounce on his toes and throw the world’s slowest kicks. Somehow this has not worked for him.
Best Names: Jake Albinio, Sterling Ford, Dave Courchaine, Jessee Gengler

Came to see if he was here. TIL that because of this guy Cody McKenzie is on a 1 fight winning streak.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Marching Powder posted:

Can I please just mention the worst sumo practitioner ever?

Hattorizakura Futoshi (later Shōnanzakura Sōta) competed for 6 years and retired in 2021 with a record of 3 wins and 238 losses. I don't even know how to talk about him. Just look at this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1204819788817739777

That was in the very lowest division of sumo and if you've done any contact sports in your life you'd have a good shot of promotion to the next division. He shattered records for most consecutive losses which sure is something. I cannot explain why he did this for six years.

Japan's most lamentable dust man.

Hattorizakura retired finally? Oh no. Poor Hattorizakura. I relate to him. The guy who just never got any better no matter how much time he put in.
Also: Who the hell is Travis Fulton and would talking to him give me Spinner Dunn from Death to Smoochy vibes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ChrisBTY posted:

Hattorizakura retired finally? Oh no. Poor Hattorizakura. I relate to him. The guy who just never got any better no matter how much time he put in.
Also: Who the hell is Travis Fulton and would talking to him give me Spinner Dunn from Death to Smoochy vibes.

Travis Fulton lied about more MMA matches than most fighters have in their careers and was a pedo who killed himself when he got caught.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That's even worse than I thought.

Stupid thought that I just had: Phil Brooks runs the dustman gauntlet.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Stuart Davies once lost to a guy named Lewis "The Foot" Long.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

oh hey, this thread.

F is for Failure

Washington “Gigante” Ferreira

Record: 2-10 - 0.167
Streak: 3
Last Win: May 20, 2010
Notes: Strange, but there’s no footage of a guy who got his rear end kicked on the Brazilian regional scene in the mid-2000s. Maybe Chael Sonnen was right and Brazil really doesn’t have internet.
Best Names: Junior Fofinho, Corcino Troglo

Bobby “The Bully” Ferrier

Record: 9-27 - 0.250
Streak: 8
Last Win: December 31, 2012
Notes: In one of Bobby’s most recent bouts, the commentators noted that he hadn’t had time to train regularly, so he was out of shape, but hey, the fight was some extra cash. At least we’ve finally got some honesty for a Dustman.
Best Names: Cody Pasquale, Jake Grabowski, Jos Eichelberger, Brett Shoenfelt, Randy Kittleson

Kris Fleurestil

Record: 1-14 - 0.067
Streak: 13
Last Win: October 7, 2006
Notes: There appears to be no footage of Fleurestil in action, sadly not even against Shonie Carter.
Best Names: Daniel Wanderley, Russ Janca, Brent Mehrhoff

Martin Fouda

Record: 5-20 - 0.200
Streak: 9
Last Win: August 3, 2019
Notes: Fouda’s a rare breed of Dustman in that all his wins and a fair number of losses are by decision. Granted, his last four have all ended in the first round, but he’s not always instantly crumbling. Of course, the fights I did watch that’s what happened, because I’m not a complete masochist, I’m not watching a Dustman’s decision losses.
Best Names: Botan Tokay, Timo-Juhani Hirvikangas, Lewis McGrillen-Evans

Zane “Nasty” Frazier

Record: 4-11 - 0.266
Streak: 1
Last Win: November 5, 2005
Notes: Perhaps other than Jay Ellis, who is the Godking of Dustmen, there isn’t a more notable guy with a bad record than Zane Frazier. He competed at the very first UFC, plus UFC 9. He also has a classic old school MMA weird loss on his record (Injured falling out of the ring at the World Vale Tudo Championships against Mestre Hulk). He’s also lost a lot of fights by TKO for being an alleged karate champion. Though I’m sure he was one of those karate champions where they don’t allow anything stronger than light taps to the chest and stern looks.
Best Names: Wes Gassaway, Ron Rumpf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LobsterMobster posted:

Best Names: Cody Pasquale, Jake Grabowski, Jos Eichelberger, Brett Shoenfelt, Randy Kittleson

this sounds like the starting lineup of an nhl game that you've simmed into 2040

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

ilmucche posted:

this sounds like the starting lineup of an nhl game that you've simmed into 2040

I was thinking minor league cornhole team

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

official theme song of this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm5ZV1zetA0

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

the yeti posted:

I was thinking minor league cornhole team

I was thinking the UFC welterweight division circa 2010

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

and dustice for all

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i have once again updated the list of men of dust

G is for Godawful

Vladimir Gerasimchik

Record: 1-11 - 0.083
Streak: 11
Last Win: March 4, 2010
Notes: We’ve got a doughy, sub-6 foot heavyweight who got wetly slapped in the torso by Nikita Krylov at Oplot and gave up a kimura in a minute. A proud tradition that will live on forever.
Best Names: Guram Gugenishvili, Dmitry Poberezhets

Ashley Gibson

Record: 2-17 - 0.105, 1-28 amateur - 0.034
Streak: 17
Last Win: March 26, 2016
Notes: Gibson has one plan, and that plan is to throw overhand rights with wild abandon. When he isn’t getting easily countered, he’s overextending and getting taken down and submitted with ease.
Best Names: Ben Pickles, Jonny Brocklesby, Madars Fleminas, Matt Pepper, Nills Van Noord

Carlos Eduardo “Cachorro Louco” Gomes

Record: 4-25 - 0.138
Streak: 6
Last Win: July 16, 2022
Notes: Carlos Gomes is well into his 40s and he fought 8 times in 2022, going 1-7, with four first round TKO losses.
Best Names: Kolton Englund, Albino Negrao, Sanderson Tita, Magno Silva

Yuri Gorbenko

Record: 12-50 - 0.194
Streak: 24
Last Win: February 14, 2016
Notes: Yuri had back to back fights with Ion Cutelaba and Serghei Spivac, which is a tough time for most regional guys, but it’s especially hard for a sub-6 foot hairy lima bean man.
Best Names: Vitaly Lichman, Konstantin Glukhov, Pavel Snigur, Donald Njatah Nya, Boubacar Balde, Rihards Bigis, Muslimbek Muslimov

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lmao

also, ben pickles

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Albino Negrao

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

more dust men and one dust women

H is for Horrible

Vic Hall

Record: 6-22 - 0.214
Last Win: February 8, 2014
Notes: I won’t say Hall has no ground skills. I’ve seen him scramble out of bad positions, but he doesn’t really have good ground skills. That should be expected when all but one loss has been by submission.
Best Names: Quinton Askelson, Thad Yaggy, Brandon Bowser, Beau Admire, Jarrod L’Heureux
Did He Fight Travis Fulton: At 1-0 when Fulton was 220-46

Mark Hermann

Record: 2-13 - 0.133
Last Win: October 13, 2007
Notes: Jesus Christ, Hermann’s career barring his last fight in 2012, all took place in 2007. He fought fourteen times, almost exclusively in Iowa, losing 13 times. What a horrible life. Just getting pummeled in front of the same two dozen people in the Cedar Rapids airport Quality Inn conference room over and over and over. And over.
Best Names: BeeJay Hurst III, John Cronkling

RT Hicks

Record: 4-22 - 0.153
Streak: 15
Last Win: February 6, 2010
Notes: “666” RT Hicks has an enormous 666 back piece and is utterly dreadful at fighting. Guess the Devil doesn’t help that much. He basically gets dumped on the ground and punched until he gives up. Hail Satan!
Best Names: Thor Freeburg, Starr Roberts Jr

Albert Hill

Record: 3-20 - 0.130
Streak: 11
Last Win: July 8, 2006
Notes: Quite a conundrum we have here. Hill’s got a picture on his Tapology profile, so I assume his fights wouldn’t be hard to track down. Yet when I slap my horrid little flippers on the keyboard and punch the keys that make “ablerp hlil mmmmm, aaaaaa” into YouTube, it only gives me one Albert Hill fight, but it’s not against anyone on his record. What the hell, guys. This should have been relatively easy.
Best Names: Nick Shadwick, Tony Llamas, Shawn Bias, Billy Kidd

Jonathan “Dragon” Hines

Record: 3-27 (0-2 Boxing) - 0.100
Current Streak: 6
Last Win: February 15, 2014
Notes: Hines is another guy with no fight footage that matches his record, so I don’t know if the one or two videos of Jonathan Hines MMA are him or not. This project sure gets frustrating at times!
Best Names: Nate Jolly, Shane Matchette, TJ Barber, Portland Pringle III

Mikiko Hiyama

Record: 0-11 - 0.000, 0-1 Exhibition, 0-1 Amateur
Streak: 13
Notes: We got ourselves a Dustwoman! Hiyama has shown, in the two fights of hers I watched, less than rudimentary striking, and at best bad ground skills. Still, she goes out there and gets wrecked regularly for no discernable reason. She recently lost via Chicken Wing Armlock, which is strange because I thought Bob Backlund was dead.
Best Names: Hyo Kyung “Goddess of the Octagon” Song

Jeff “The Steuss Killer” Horlacher

Record: 8-25 - 0.242
Streak: 1
Last Win: July 30, 2011
Notes: Whatever the hell a Steuss is, rest assured, they are safe from bum-rear end Jeff. He easily gets taken down and submitted. The few times he’s ended up in an advantageous position on the ground, it’s because an opponent got too overzealous in their submission attempts. He also fought Drew Fickett twice, once in his debut when Fickett was 3-0, which isn’t so bad, and again when he was 5-11 and Drew had rocketed up to 33-5 which has got to suck. Also, most egregious of all, Horlacher has put out “rap disses” against opponents which are just 4 minutes of him saying mostly homophobic rhyming couplets. gently caress off, Jeff.
Best Names: Ted Opalinski, Rob Wooden, Joe Vigil, Robert Rose, Travis Degrout

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Portland Pringle III

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Bob Backlund's fine last I heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003