Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You could get an HR job. You get paid to be unhelpful and rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hey they also get paid to talk about how they totally never heard of another company that is so good to their employees and how everyone should be grateful for their job and quote how much the company spends on each employee

Android Lust
Sep 2, 2012

Yo how do I make a new thread on mobile? I have a serious issue I need to post in the tech forum but I'm having a tech issue.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Yes

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

hawowanlawow posted:

hey they also get paid to talk about how they totally never heard of another company that is so good to their employees and how everyone should be grateful for their job and quote how much the company spends on each employee

Also, no, we won't open our books to prove it. And we'll spend zillions to fight laws that would do so. Trussssst usssss...

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I absolutely hate my job, and all jobs previous to this one. But then I go to the grocery store and see the people working there and dealing with lovely loving customers all day, and I keep myself from quitting just a little longer.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Android Lust posted:

Yo how do I make a new thread on mobile? I have a serious issue I need to post in the tech forum but I'm having a tech issue.

Yo, you don't. You can't.

You are denied the responsibility.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Android Lust posted:

lol

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Buy an iPhone

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this thread is so insnaely loving dumb lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you may call it insane, i call it jokerfied

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
no, it's abnormal. no one else asks this question. just you. great thread. voted 5

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
PSYKE

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Have you considered being a welfare queen? I keep hearing about how great it is to just live off the government and not do anything all day.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Three Olives posted:

Have you considered being a welfare queen? I keep hearing about how great it is to just live off the government and not do anything all day.

don't you have a HOA meeting to go to?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

hawowanlawow posted:

There will be no cost of living raises this year due to the economy, but there are a few Panera boxes in the breakroom leftover from the executive meeting that you pigs can fight over.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

a pig, in a cage, on antibiotics

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I don't know how to reply to this thread

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
gently caress you op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

interwhat posted:

gently caress you op

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Lol

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
It makes me sad too but money gets me retail therapy and drugs and alcohol.

Go to the weed thread real quick and check back in later

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

funeral home DJ posted:

Yeah I think the biggest hurt about my job is seeing that I do poo poo and never see any monetary gain from actually doing the poo poo I'm doing. It's just a constant mediocre pay no matter how hard you work and what you accomplish, but I guess I'm supposed to feel good when I see the CEO get a shiny new car at the end of the year. Capitalism doing what it does best, killing your soul.

If it helps you feel better, it was the same in :ussr:, you could watch the director get a Volga and a dacha while you were paid based on some table calculated in Moscow no matter what.

We need true automated luxury space communism.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Not just normal, commendable.

Take it from someone who has managed to work the same job, same location for over 30 years.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

interwhat posted:

gently caress you op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just get a better job op

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

fam, is it normal to recognize patterns?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My friend in college used to describe time off as "just being" and I liked that. Just existing with no other purpose. Yeah I've been in my career for 7 years now and whenever I think about the fact that I still have another 30 years or so of work ahead of me (assuming I live that long) it makes me super depressed.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I had a stomach bug and I sat on the toilet making GBS threads my guts out while simultaneously puking some more guts on my torso and balls, and then and there i did a little fistpump because I couldn't go to work

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
My wife loves her job. I just don’t get it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

My wife loves her job. I just don’t get it

8 hours away from you

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
at the dick sucking factory

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

they made a movie about this op, called office space

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Try doing something you find ideologically fulfilling like civil or public service, op.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They made a reddit about it too

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Without work, you wouldn't get to experience this exchange like I do!

*Note the boogs on the tape

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

8 hours away from you

We both work from home

kntfkr posted:

at the dick sucking factory

This is true

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean it’s like, no matter what you gotta do some poo poo. Even if you stuff an entire deep freeze full of taquitos and cartons of smokes and put yourself on on a nutrient drip iv and turn your main seat into a toilet there’s still some poo poo you have to do. And it’s bullshit, it really is. Why can’t people just be dolls or coral reef? Why did we elect this form and why do we craft our environment? Can’t we all just be the same being on some spacecraft and eat sugar with our eyes? Why do anything if the goal is to devolve? It’s even work to present the argument of the devil, that our emergence should go back to tranquility and nothing and oneness. It’s like the very fabric of reality centers on this question of misery and the constant doubt that making some of our world is worth it, and a true qualitative assessment of pleasure and complexity has never parsed from a simple origin, and a non-gendered let has never been forever. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Buschmaki posted:

Try doing something you find ideologically fulfilling like civil or public service, op.

This is bad advice. You either sit low enough where you actually help people but are restricted by draconian systems or high enough where you’re expected to keep the system adequately stymied to prevent any real, transformative change for the public