Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

checking in again to remind everyone that work indeed sucks loving rear end. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Work is just god testing your soul

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i'm not getting good marks then

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any openings down at the Cum Pantry?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

impossible field to get into as a greencum. youd have an easier time being born as a cat (lucky).

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Just do what I do which is don't work.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I hope so, because I'm really feeling that way lately. Been out of work for some time and with all the other poo poo that's going on in life, I don't want to go back to the service industry, I don't like that I've fallen into 'security guard' positions. I want to do something creative, to use the skills I've developed to do something I enjoy, but nobody wants to pay for that. It's the kind of thing that makes you feel worthless, chewed up and spat out. Even for menial soul-destroying jobs I've applied to dozens in the past month, paid to get new certifications, refined my resume and reached out to everyone I know... I've secured one interview, tomorrow morning over Zoom, for a concierge position in some highfalutin bougie condominium. It might pay the bills, but I have a feeling it's going to be as soul-destroying as anything else. I don't want to work, I missed the boat on enjoyable creative work and now I'm gonna spend the back half of my life as a total loser.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Being a loser who can afford rent owns just do that lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I eventually lucked my way into a dream job doing something I’ve always wanted to do for decent money and I still hate work. Lol

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Mister Speaker posted:

I hope so, because I'm really feeling that way lately. Been out of work for some time and with all the other poo poo that's going on in life, I don't want to go back to the service industry, I don't like that I've fallen into 'security guard' positions. I want to do something creative, to use the skills I've developed to do something I enjoy, but nobody wants to pay for that. It's the kind of thing that makes you feel worthless, chewed up and spat out. Even for menial soul-destroying jobs I've applied to dozens in the past month, paid to get new certifications, refined my resume and reached out to everyone I know... I've secured one interview, tomorrow morning over Zoom, for a concierge position in some highfalutin bougie condominium. It might pay the bills, but I have a feeling it's going to be as soul-destroying as anything else. I don't want to work, I missed the boat on enjoyable creative work and now I'm gonna spend the back half of my life as a total loser.
Don't attach your self-worth to your job, as much as capitalism wants you to. There's no such thing as genuinely fulfilling jobs anymore, unless you have brain problems. Capitalism alienates everyone from the product of their labor (and others, and themselves).

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Concerned Citizen posted:

if people liked working, they wouldn't have to pay us to do it
Doesn't get any more succinct than this.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Most days my job sucks rear end, so i looked at other careers and they all looked like they sucked rear end too! So ill just stay in my job and persue my passions outside of it, which are smokjng weed and gardening.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Most days my job sucks rear end, so i looked at other careers and they all looked like they sucked rear end too! So ill just stay in my job and persue my passions outside of it, which are smokjng weed and gardening.

I hope you realize that both of those hobbies can be Venn diagrammed to a HUGE extent.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My dad was a very ambitious and hard working person who eventually got his dream job, which was one of those archetypical dream jobs you hear a ton of people list as their dream job, and he still started feeling a bit down on Sunday afternoons or the last day of vacations. Having to go to some place and do some poo poo so you don't end up starving in a gutter just kind of sucks as a concept.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I want to be a garbageman

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Les Os posted:

I want to be a garbageman

Turn your monitor off

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

work rules! get bent, losers!

KILLALLNERDS.EXE
Oct 12, 2009
https://youtu.be/4lmW2tZP2kU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I really like my job. I work as a quality developer for a medical company that designs medical equipment (I started as a Coordinator). I have also worked in conjunction with other major companies to help develop the most efficient Covid-19 testing kit when I was first in the field. I remember being super green and wanting to learn as much as I can before I settled and felt a lot of the time that I was an imposter. But when something happens it always felt good that myself and my team that I work with all banded together and helped solve major issues.

On the one hand, I am mobile a lot and I do perform audits and investigations to find out the 5 whys when an issue is happening. I have developed and implemented a lot of things in my company that not only solved an issue but made things way more efficient. All the way to legal work instruction documentation and SOPs being ISO 9001 standards.

Only problem is all of this is 41k a loving year lmfao.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I'm in college so I can learn to be a data analyst but I'm finding college is a lot of work so... I just feel like I didn't think this through

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Genesplicer posted:

I hope you realize that both of those hobbies can be Venn diagrammed to a HUGE extent.

I know all the trees I help out in the park by name, both science name and the personal ones I assigned them that seemed right. It's not like they can file a complaint about it.

Smoke a weed, put on some tunes, help out trees and other plants. Generate too much veggies and give them away. It's dope.

Work whatever the gently caress to pay the rent.

naem
May 29, 2011

I was a graphic design major for my undergrad (never worked in that field) and I know how to put pics into word, and how to take screenshots, all thanks to extreme bordedom and photoshop friday and a free copy of photoshop six I put on a thumb drive as a kid years ago (the last one you could do that with) and it’s been 80% of my career so far

I noticed that in a fillable pdf that had a calculate script, someone had typed a 7 instead of a five and then googled “is a calculate script the same as javascript” and took a screenshot and put it in an email and asked “hey is this script right this calculates a thing” and accidentally came across as competent and now I might buy a condo

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

funeral home DJ posted:

Hustle bro culture rules because every time they mention a get rich quick scheme it boils down to “take advantage of a glorified slave”.

Like Andrew Tate telling people to sign their younger cousins up to run Uber shifts and then just gently caress them out of their pay. :lol:

90% of the hustle bro poo poo is “float off rich parents till they give you a big enough loan to not suck at some grift”.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

credburn posted:

I'm in college so I can learn to be a data analyst but I'm finding college is a lot of work so... I just feel like I didn't think this through
Spoler alert: the job is also a lot of work

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I eventually lucked my way into a dream job doing something I’ve always wanted to do for decent money and I still hate work. Lol
Yeah my job is realistically as good as it's going to get for something that pays money but ugh the moment someone starts setting deadlines and priorities I just want to run into the woods.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

The Butcher posted:

I know all the trees I help out in the park by name, both science name and the personal ones I assigned them that seemed right. It's not like they can file a complaint about it.

Smoke a weed, put on some tunes, help out trees and other plants. Generate too much veggies and give them away. It's dope.

Work whatever the gently caress to pay the rent.

What are the personal names of some of your favorite trees?

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger
yeah i hate wes anderson's entire concept of work, i wish he would stop

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
You're not supposed to enjoy your job, you're supposed to earn/ find/ steal/ be born with enough money so that you don't have to have a job.

Ol sakkman
Sep 28, 2021

yes

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The trick is to have kids, then work suddenly becomes the chill place of sanity compared to the menagerie that once was your home

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I wish I was dead

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

pencilhands posted:

I wish I was dead

me too pencilhands, me too.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
We had a dog code a few days ago, just fully dead, and I started doing cpr, which basically never works, but it worked this time, and it was incredibly rewarding to spite death itself. So, find a job where you can do that.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Slugworth posted:

We had a dog code a few days ago, just fully dead, and I started doing cpr, which basically never works, but it worked this time, and it was incredibly rewarding to spite death itself. So, find a job where you can do that.

I bet that dog's code looks rough

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wendigee posted:

me too pencilhands, me too.

Worry not, help is on the way

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

People often mix up jobs with occupation. Work a job is something you do for money, to survive. It's selling your work to the highest bidder to afford the basic necessities. An occupation is what you like to do and would do if you had no pressure otherwise. Most people don't manage to find a job that's also their occupation.

So yes, work loving sucks and I realized what a scam it is when I was 15 or so and then spent years trying to convince myself it's actually cool, and good. Well it isn't, work sucks balls.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

500excf type r posted:

I bet that dog's code looks rough
It was a dachshund, so yeah, real hosed up coding.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Rodney posted:

People often mix up jobs with occupation. Work a job is something you do for money, to survive. It's selling your work to the highest bidder to afford the basic necessities. An occupation is what you like to do and would do if you had no pressure otherwise. Most people don't manage to find a job that's also their occupation.

So yes, work loving sucks and I realized what a scam it is when I was 15 or so and then spent years trying to convince myself it's actually cool, and good. Well it isn't, work sucks balls.
"Occupation" sounds like something you "occupy" yourself with while waiting for death

Or something russia loves doing.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Icept posted:

The trick is to have kids, then work suddenly becomes the chill place of sanity compared to the menagerie that once was your home

Monday can't come soon enough bro.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Actually, yeah. gently caress work! I'm gonna log out and write a best-selling novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

mobby_6kl posted:

"Occupation" sounds like something you "occupy" yourself with while waiting for death

sadly you might want to edit that last one out